It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to Grid shutdown - are you prepared?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

This would probably be a scene from my house.

Me....darn it, the lights are out. I was right in the middle of writing a post on ATS.

Wife.... I was on facebook writing to the daughter.....what did you do now.

Me ....nothing, it's another damn power outage again.

Wife.... where is a lighter

Me...they are all in the basement where I smoke.

Wife...go get one so I can light a lamp. Where is that flashlight

Me...I can't get a lighter, all the flashlights are in the basement...I kept taking them down there when I look for things you want me to find in the boxes.

Next morning news..... Husband and wife die from falling down basement stairs last night. It Appears that the wife was chasing her husband with a kerosine lamp and broke it over his head, they both fell to their death.

That is how my life works

I just got done cleaning up an old manual meat grinder from the early nineteen hundreds that someone put out on the curb with a free sign at spring cleanup six years ago. It's a pretty nice unit but the tin coating needs to be deoxidized somehow. I have to check out the silver polish to see if that will work on it. It's a big one like the ones they used in small markets long ago before there was power everywhere.
edit on 5-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

Exactly - they won't do anything to us on purpose (they would create suffering for people they know too), but it is always good to prepare ourselves. While they are doing these drills they should tell people to do their own. Don't know what that would look like with this - maybe flip the breakers for a few hours and see if you can manage to not wig out - or just to get a sense of where your own weaknesses lie.

I have thought it through so know I have lots of weaknesses. It would be misserable. But we wouldn't die. I've thought about what I would do for my child to reduce his withdrawals - board games, impromptu camping trip at home, adventure. Being somewhat prepared is a good thing - even if we just think it through.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Does this mean I’ll finally get my wife away from the Facebook for a while?

I'm in...!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I will be completely honest with you all... but something inside me almost wishes that this were true.
Why? Well, the only thing I can think of us that for one thing, I haven't had a "real" job in so long and am sick of the ridicule and condescending remarks which are totally uncalled for that I get from family. (If the grid goes down, they'll be out of a job too and then what? They can't laugh at me anymore!)

Also, I am sick of the mind numbing bull sh-t that's on TV that everyone sits on the couch staring at all day. Ever hear of a book? The people who waste their lives on Facebook and watching "reality" TV all day will be slapped back into REALITY if the grid goes down.

It's probably somewhat selfish of me to secretly wish the grid would go down, but I'm being frank with you.

Yes, I realize how difficult things will be. How DANGEROUS it will be. But I feel I'd have more of a life (be more useful and important) in that situation as opposed to this state of luxury* we're living in.

*by "luxury" I mean having basic things like running water and electricity. The ability to hop in the car and go to the grocery store whenever we want.
This nation is full of spoiled brats. I'm one of them... the difference is, I realize it. Also, I've been slowly stocking food and whatnot. I really would not mind too much not having TV, internet, etc. any longer. My main issue would be water. I bought gallons of water but that wont last my family long enough.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by safehouse01

I would miss the internet myself. It's how I communicate with the friends and family that live far far away. The first year and a half I lived here, we had no internet. I managed OK I guess.

I would miss my computer, it's how I do art. I can always go back to old fashioned art, it's what I did before I went digital.

I would miss my ebook reader, I go through a book every few days, much cheaper to use a ebook reader and digital books than print.

I would miss electric heat, but we have a woodburning stove, not the end of the world. Our well water can be manually pumped. Not too keen on an outhouse though, they are really inconvenient, especially in winter BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

OH, last thing I would miss. electric stoves. Much more convenient than having to light a fire to cook.
edit on Wed, 06 Nov 2013 05:27:56 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh, don't get me wrong... I would miss the ease of everything. And I can understand missing the net for people who are in constant contact with friends/family... but I don't really have any friends. No good friends anyway. So that aspect of it wouldn't affect me too much.

Yes, the convenience would be missed... that's why I will try not to take all these things for granted anymore.

I actually just got off Youtube from watching American Blackout (it's on there for anyone who wants to see it in full)... and I don't doubt that the grid going down could be even worse than how it was depicted. More violence and death even faster. I say from Day 1 because some people just enjoy chaos and mayhem. Those are the people that will be roving the streets from day 01 LOOKING for trouble. (The same people that cause problems today. Mugging, raping, killing for no good reason at all.)

And I don't get the masses of people rioting in the streets. Why on earth would you waste all that energy?? And want to be around all those people? I'd use rioting as a diversion to get myself the heck outta there! lol But luckily I don't live in the city. BUT if people in the city were able to get out by foot, they'd probably make their way to my area (people garden, have farm animals, are a little more self-sufficient than city people.)
I hope that doesn't happen. But living just outside one of the most violent cities in America... I fear things will get pretty ugly around here.
edit on 6-11-2013 by safehouse01 because: typos

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We have a small supply of food and other things laid in, and assuming the grid failure isn't due to EMP, once we determine it's not a simple neighborhood thing or short-term, we've got it loaded and we're out to the family land. Trying to ride out this thing in the city is bad news.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Remember before the 2012 days there used to be theories about 3 days of darkness ? i wonder if something has to do with this ... just being a conspiracy theorist..but hey..it connects somewhere

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Luuke123
Survival unlikely do to Martial law, they would have to put a bullet in my before i went to a camp.

They don't have enough camps for everyone. So you need not worry about that. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by safehouse01

This is what angers me. The promoting that rioting, fear and crime is expected and accepted.

Going without electricity is no reason to believe the world come to an end or for people to use it as an excuse to steal or harm others.

A time when we will need each other the most should not be advertised or promoted as an encouraged free for all.

If anything does happen we should be strong, fearless, smart, and productive members of team Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

That thought flashed through my mind for a second too. If the comet does some of things, some people are saying is a "possibility", I can see how we may be cut off from the normal rays of our sun for a short time. Sort of like an extended eclipse of the sun.

I don't know if anything will happen or not. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but I still think being prepared is wise. I'd rather be stuck with having to eat from cans and boxes for six months to get rid of my rations than go hungry or let the kids in my neighborhood starve because I didn't plan for the possible.

If nothing happens, fantastic! I would rather eat crow than mud biscuits.

edit on 6-11-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: This darn phone loves putting words in my posts.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Going without electricity is no reason to believe the world come to an end or for people to use it as an excuse to steal or harm others. A time when we will need each other the most should not be advertised or promoted as an encouraged free for all.
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Yeah it's all going to be peace, love and happiness... Just like this

edit on 6-11-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

I am not disputing that it is going to be utter chaos, and people are going to panic. They will display ungodly and inhumane behavior and the majority will likely do a lot of stupid, criminal and life threatening things.

I am saying that it galls me that it is being promoted as a cataclysmic event and brainwashing people to believe that it is normal and acceptable behavior, just because the lights go out. It definitely isn't going to be easy and if such a thing happens it will take a communal effort to ensure the safety and survival of the community.

I haven't seen the movie but I saw a trailer of "The Purge". They don't just promote and encourage deviant behavior, they are marketing it as just clean fun and therapeutic.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

safehouse01
I will be completely honest with you all... but something inside me almost wishes that this were true.
Why? Well, the only thing I can think of us that for one thing, I haven't had a "real" job in so long and am sick of the ridicule and condescending remarks which are totally uncalled for that I get from family. (If the grid goes down, they'll be out of a job too and then what? They can't laugh at me anymore!)

Also, I am sick of the mind numbing bull sh-t that's on TV that everyone sits on the couch staring at all day. Ever hear of a book? The people who waste their lives on Facebook and watching "reality" TV all day will be slapped back into REALITY if the grid goes down.

It's probably somewhat selfish of me to secretly wish the grid would go down, but I'm being frank with you.

Yes, I realize how difficult things will be. How DANGEROUS it will be. But I feel I'd have more of a life (be more useful and important) in that situation as opposed to this state of luxury* we're living in.

*by "luxury" I mean having basic things like running water and electricity. The ability to hop in the car and go to the grocery store whenever we want.
This nation is full of spoiled brats. I'm one of them... the difference is, I realize it. Also, I've been slowly stocking food and whatnot. I really would not mind too much not having TV, internet, etc. any longer. My main issue would be water. I bought gallons of water but that wont last my family long enough.

Please move to CA, it's the place to be

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

jibajaba
let the show begin - I've got plenty of wine, beer and cigars.

Speaking of show...

Isn't there a relatively new TV show called "Revolution" that is all about the chaos & anarchy that ensues after a national grid failure or power failure? (I've never seen the show so am unsure)

Of course, everyone knows that the TPTB/NWO never foreshadow their moves, right?

edit on 11/6/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Be on the look out for preparations locally.

There were a couple of events today that raised up red flags to me.

1) My sister, during her morning commute, heard an announcement on the radio stating that power will likely go out next week possibly to the entire county due to "bridge maintanence." I haven't heard it personally, but I don't think my sister would make that up. I don't know any more details as of right now.

2) The county sheriff's department has set up a long camper-trailer at the community building in my neighborhood. We are a small town, technically a village, with a small volunteer fire dept. and a small EMS station right next to the community center. We have no local police and the county sheriff's office is located across a bridge several miles away. I asked a couple of my cousins who work for the county and sheriff's dept. and they tell me that it is in fact the "Emergency Command Center" that they would use in the event of a hurricane or other natural disaster to have a nearby post to outlying areas. The sheriff's deputy claims that it is for a craft show being held this weekend by the local woman's club, which my mother and my neighbor are a part of, and they had no knowledge of them beinginvolved there, and they are in charge of planning and setting up for the event. After I asked him ""Does the sheriff plan on selling arts and crafts?" He told me it was so they could "dispose of outdated prescription medications that are turned in during the event."

That still smells fishy to me. Since my mom and neighbor planned this event, including making flyers for it about two weeks ago, they knew nothing about this "disposal" and therefore there isn't any word about it in the community (unless there is another hard-to-catch radio broadcast). And, if they are collecting medications, wouldn't it be a lot simpler to bring one of their Suburban/Tahoe/whatever SUVs I know they have in their fleet with a deputy or two and a couple of plastic garbage cans in the back? At the end of the day, just load them back up and drive off to wherever they can be properly disposed of. There can't be that much medication, definitely not a whole 30ft camper's worth. It's a small town, one main road and two back roads, probably not even 6 sq miles with no more than 50 people/sq mile at most, a lot of which may not even come to the event, have any outdated medicine, or even know of this disposal drive the sheriff is supposedly conducting. It would be a lot easier to drive off in that thing than it is to set up a camper and then haul it off afterwards.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

StoutBroux

safehouse01

Please move to CA, it's the place to be

LOL! I used to live in CA before I moved back here. Lived there for about 9 years.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aldakoopa

It causes me great concern that they have been able to reach even into the small towns were everyone is a neighbor and family and corrupt those that they can use to their gain.

Please don't be fooled. Every single one of us can be corrupted or bought. The price often is as easy being deceived into believing that you are securing a place for someone you love on the ark.

I heard through the years people asking the same questions over and over, which true bewilderment in their voices. "Why did the Jews line up like sheep and get on those trains?" "Why didn't they fight back?" "Why did they let them put those tattoos on them?"

I have heard people over those years profess with great bravado, "I would never allow myself to be a slave, I will die first." "I can't be bought, I would go without before I will allow someone to control me."

And now I look around me and see they lied. They don't even realise that they are still lying, if to no one else but themselves. Look around boys and girls, we have arrived. Before you buck up and say, "I'm not a sheep!"; look a little closer. You might not be a sheep, but if you aren't a sheep you are most likely just a mere lowly ant. You out number them 10,000 to one and yet they rule you while you either cower in fear, continue blindly on your daily trek, and die at their whim as they steal the products of your hard work.

Sheep or ant, you are still a slave and their will be no one to tell your story. You haven't even noticed that they are already over writing our story and writing theirs right in front of you face. Even some of the Jews are starting to forget. It looks like we are destined to re-live it after all. "This is a true story." "Only some of the roles and names have changed to protect the innocent."

Where is the crying emotioncon?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

jinni73
reply to post by gardener

Remember we have had free energy for at least 100 years now.

Tesla's radiant energy idea has been proven to work heres the details
www.nuenergy.org...

and heres the patent numbers
U.S. Patent No. 685,957 – Apparatus for the Utilization of Radiant Energy and U.S. Patent No. 685,958 – Method of Utilizing Radiant Energy.

I suggest some of you over there stand up to your corrupt politicians who are working for the elites.

So Jinni, how is it working for you? Do you only have one? What all does it power?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join