It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to Grid shutdown - are you prepared?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This could be the last 10 days of light! Government officials have warned this is inevitable.

Oct 1, US Federal Government Shut Down.

Oct 12, there was a supposed 'glitch' in EBT Food Stamps. Over 100million recipients were unable to purchase any food with the card on that Saturday, that typically they easily purchase cartloads of food totalling hundreds of dollars each.

Nov 1, exactly 20 days later, the government officially cut food stamp benefit amounts nationwide. Coincidence? Sure

Nov 13, a month after the EBT 'glitch' a nationwide glitch 'drill' is scheduled to occur for two days. Officially, no "real" power outage is scheduled to occur during that time, as the drill is officially meant to test crisis response and communication in face of a (simulated) grid outage.

That remains to be seen. Caveat emptor Boston marathon was supposed to be a "live drill" however a Chinese national and a Chechynian-American were among those killed under extraordinary drill-turned-terror attack circumstances, as well as WTC 'drills' turned a nightmare and others out there.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Interesting times. I hope yall got enuff supplies to survive. I know i still need to stock up. Let us hear from u again in 10 days whuts happnin

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I seriously hope they don't go ahead with a two day black out as a drill... It would turn into anarchy.. Justify police shootings and brutality.. As crimes sky rocket.. This has far more sinister implications than just a test..

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Here is a good article I found in the (New York Times)... besides the United States, Mexico and Canada are participating too. It should be interesting. More than 150 companies etc. have signed up to participate.

The link: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It just occurred to me what it would look like to see the power go out everywhere from space.
Realizing how many lives would be affected it would be pretty disturbing, yet beautiful to see the night side of Earth in it's natural state.
I was trying to figure out what Aton WIlliams was wearing?
Looked like a 100 lb test guitar strap. lol.
His advice was sound if beyond cursory - food , water - get some!
FOX viewers will die by the millions if they're relying on that network for survival information.

That whole excuse about how "every system can be brought down because it's online"
The "right guy" with the "right skills" and the "right passwords" and the "right login ID" and the "right biometric identifiers" and.....

edit on 3-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm ready I guess, I just bought a new meat saw. I can't find my old one and wanted to have one in case I decide to go deer hunting this year. I'm surprised I didn't find it right after I bought the new one.

I have enough supplies to last two months minimum. I have twelve gallons of gas in stock rotation for the generators. The generators only need to run an hour a day to keep the food in the freezers froze. Got wood for the woodstove, got some water in stock and a well that I can get water out if necessary. We will have snow shortly, an endless supply of water till spring. I guess it is about time to give this a test

The kids will love the break from school up here, within three days they will have gone through their dts from video game withdrawals and have detoxed from cellphone addiction. It will be a welcome site around here to see kids playing outside once again and walking around.

Never happen, this would actually make us all know we can survive without the government. They will not let this outage go past a certain point. The government doesn't want to take two steps backwards on their brainwashing.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am willing to bet my exwifes bank account that Nothing
comes from this drill but.. a simulation of an event.. no real disconnect of power.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is there a complete list anywhere of the 150 power companies involved? That would help out a bunch!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

caladonea

Here is a good article I found in the (New York Times)... besides the United States, Mexico and Canada are participating too. It should be interesting. More than 150 companies etc. have signed up to participate.

The link: www.nytimes.com...

If Canada is participating, it would make no difference to me, I have over 16 years of camping experience on me to the point that I wouldn't bat an eye to a black out. We're pretty much ready for that sort of event here at home. I would personally be more worried about people going crazy at nearby stores if a blackout were to come suddenly and without notice to most.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
It just occurred to me what it would look like to see the power go out everywhere from space.
Realizing how many lives would be affected it would be pretty disturbing, yet beautiful to see the night side of Earth in it's natural state.

After Katrina, it was pretty close to that down here.

You forget what the stars are supposed to look like. Well, I did until we moved last year. I'm so far in the sticks I can't hear traffic noise, and no one's got a street light for about two miles. It's GREAT. Especially since AT&T for some reason ran fiber through here.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The only thing I see happening is DHS playing action man with there new military gear running through your streets.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One thing that people forget also is that a lot of retail stores have backup generators to keep all of their freezers and cash registers working when the power goes out. If it was longer than a day or two, their generators probably wouldn't have enough gas to run that long, but the first couple of days you should be able to buy groceries. Just check with your local bulk retail stores and ask them. After the couple days, the supplies from the store wouldn't hold out though.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
comes from this drill but.. a simulation of an event.. no real disconnect of power.

I have to agree. Can you imagine all the people on oxygen machines in their homes, or other electric powered medical devices? The government would be accused of murder if they perished, and rightly so.
edit on 3-11-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy

I'm willing believe the same as well, I don't see in anyway how this could literally be done. Things would go downhill within the first few hours, not to mention big brother wants us to have our shiny, noisy gadgets at hand. How else would they be able to get away with their shenanigans if we weren't distracted by our electronics?
edit on 3-11-2013 by ShrewdThinking because: Grammar error

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

StoutBroux
The government would be accused of murder if they perished, and rightly so.

Wow

That would be the first!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Not having power for a few days is not really as scarey as it sounds. It happened to me this year, whereby we had a huge storm here and ended up without power for 3 days.

The shops were shut, as there was no power to process the transactions. So they simply shut their doors.

We just sat tight.

I do have a home telephone, and in the cupboard I had an older style telephone that could be plugged into the wall, without electricity.

Also there was no milk, because I live in Australia and this happened during one of the hottest periods of time, milk went off very quickly. Have a can of powdered milk if you can.

Do NOT open your fridge or freezer unless totally necessary.

Put a few frozen bottles of water in your freezer, now. This serves 2 purposes, it creates a barrier of ice that stops your frozen food defrosting, and you can drink the water if you need to.

Wind up lights are good, you can recharge them by winding them up, place one on the center of the floor facing up and it acts like a light for your room.

Have a pack of playing cards about the place, so you can sit around and play cards, its fun, passes the time and creates less anxiety for everyone concerned.

Do not go out at night, unless you have to.

we were fine, its a little scary yes, just because its dark, very dark at night.

We also have a small portable gas stove. also a gas bbq, so we were easily able to cook food.

We also shared food, please do not be scared to share, it will come back to you 10 fold.

If anyone has any questions i am more than happy to answer.

Just don't panic, its not as bad as its made out to be.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

facinating stuff.
funny how so many "big" events happen at exactly the same time as "training exercises" are going on. will be watching this one to see how it unfolds. thanks for the thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iamea

Its not scary until you realize that it may not come back on and there is no help coming from anywhere.

Its easy to not be scared when the power goes out and you "know" it is coming back and that all around you are cities/states that have power.

Our infrastructure has aged.. just look at out nation of bridges that are crumbling apart. Look at all the gasline explosions that have happened over the past few years. The grid will be affected, and it will most likely happen in OUR lifetime.

edit on 4-11-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm still recovering from the last shutdown during that massive solar storm we had a few years ago..oh wait....it didn't happen.

I think I may just take my chances this time.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
OMG... you guys dont really thing that they would shut the power down nationwide? do you?

Thats just ridiculous

Its a DRILL, as in a SIMULATED EVENT..

Do you guys also think people are setting fires to buildings when they do fire drills?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join