It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wonga Advert's/ Company.... Behind The Company..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before on here or that this subject belongs in this forum or not, but do any of you wonder why Wonga put Elderly Characters on frontline of their over rated money rinsing business?

The Elderly are cute right?...

Anyone trust's an elderly person if i am correct, and i find it snake like to put these trust worthy people in the
main advertisments to obviously make people feel like they can trust them and possibly choose them over any other money lending company as they feel abit more safe choosing Wonga.

What if they're not just trying to target the higher percentage of the younger population but also trying to target the Eldery population who are more vulnerable. Being realistic the Elderly don't really borrow loans from the TV or Internet because they don't under stand it and they also have their money affairs all sorted out. But it only takes them few vulnerable elderly people to phone up just because it seems safe and ok and also legit because someone they can trust (Although characters) are telling them it's a good idea to borrow money. Lets be fair the Wonga Company tell you how flexable they are with the amount you want to borrow and the time you can afford to pay back in, but is that really the case...

I am a regular watcher of the program Watchdog and they have been brought up twice on that show.. Here is one video from Watchdog..

What do you ATS'ers think about this?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
They are backed up by big banks and charge 3000% APR on their loans....we need them banned from advertising on the idiot box.
They prey on the poor because anyone who can get a better loan will do and these scumbags know they are preying on those who live hand to mouth and are desperate.
The marketers who made the ad should be taken outside and shot....but I think this of all marketers and advertisers

Bill hicks said it best.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

We are bombarded with their most annoying ads here in Canada. By all means, I vote we ban them for their annoyance factor alone, if the other reasons are not enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

Parasites the lot of them.

I have seen the damage these organisations have done to everyday people and it needs to stop but I doubt it will as they are backed by powerful financial institutes and organisations who simply saw another way of getting at the people that had grown suspicious of the obvious financial brands (like banks, building societies etc).

top topics

join