It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Must Strike Iran, Not Bargain With It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Washington Must Strike Iran, Not Bargain With It

This is the opinion of an Israeli Professor Efraim Inbar, who is a professor of Political Studies at Bar-Ilan University and the Director of its Begin-Sadat (BESA) Center for Strategic Studies.

He draws conclusions and makes a case for *attack vs negotiate*

He mentions that 'negotiations' have been prolonged for decades.

He even uses a possibility that Iran might invade Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps sensationalism is part of the plan ?

What is his *Hidden* message ?

He doesn't seem to be suggesting that *Israel* attack.

In fact, I don't think *Israel* is even mentioned in the piece. Hmmm.

Iran is buying time until it has a nuclear break-out capability. The belief and hope that Iran has changed is pathetic. The US must act militarily to stop Iran and restore its credibility in the eyes of its skeptical Middle Eastern allies.

The Iranians have once again been successful in pushing the West into prolonged negotiations over their nuclear program. They have done so almost for two decades, and in the meantime have expanded their uranium enrichment program, worked on weaponization, and built long-range missiles. This indicates without a doubt that they are after a nuclear bomb.

The belief and hope that Iran has changed is pathetic. It is obviously interested in removing the economic sanctions imposed on it by the international community, but what Iran is really after is not an agreement, as its gullible interlocutors tend to believe, but rather time. Iran needs time, probably months, to present the world with a fait accompli: a nuclear break-out capability, i.e. the infrastructure to assemble a nuclear arsenal within weeks.

Long op-ed by the ProfessorWashington Must Strike Iran, Not Bargain With It

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nice bit of Israeli propaganda. Tell you what, forget about the sociopathic behaviour to your neighbors, open a decent deli for chrissakes! I mean, YOUR telling people how ta live and you don't have decent pastrami? Deli's not Bombs. Get on the peace train bitches!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What Nation is known for stealing Nuclear materials from USSA??

Steal

Kill

and

Destroy is the M.O...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_operandi
en.wikipedia.org...

Modus operandi (plural modi operandi) is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operation".The term is used to describe someone's habits of working, particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations. In English, it is often shortened to M.O.

edit on 3-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Center for Strategic Studies.

"attack vs negotiate"

1.When Lucullus invaded Southern Armenia and led an attack against Tigranes in ... Trajan's Parthian War

2.In his first campaign, Hannibal attacked and stormed the Olcades' strongest centre, ...

3.Stalin knew that Hitler's ultimate aim was to attack Russia

4.The attack on Pearl Harbor took place on December 7, 1941,

5.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., launched a diversionary attack on March 17

i dont understand your view?

attack vs negotiate,,,??

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Now there's a scenario and a half I had not considered as the opening volley, Iran attacking Saudi Arabia. What does the rest of the world do? Buy popcorn or join in?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Attack Iran! Yeah! Let's you and them fight!

When will it end? Why does Israel have such a loud voice in this country? (Rhetorical question...please) Iran has been 'so close' to having nuclear weapons for the last, oh, thirty or forty years, they should have a warehouse full of 'em by now. It is a miracle Israel is still here by gosh. Maybe if just send them some more money they will stop whining? No?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

aboutface
Now there's a scenario and a half I had not considered as the opening volley, Iran attacking Saudi Arabia. What does the rest of the world do? Buy popcorn or join in?
. I'm for popcorn with real organic melted butter, a bout a "B" grade Vermont maple syrup and Mediterranean sea salt. A nice double IPA, from Rock Art or the Alchemist micro breweries., nice and cold as beverage. Let the sociopathic, testosterone laden jackasses kill each other. It is what they have chosen. I for one am bored with all the melodrama. Bring us a gay musical! Take us back to a time when gay was just gay and not GAY. Let's see Hillary star as Fanny Brice in "Funny Goil " (it"s all in Yiddish).

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I actually agree with this bit:

The belief and hope that Iran has changed is pathetic

No, Iran is NOT going to change.
Iran will continue to NOT invade other countries
Iran will continue to be victimized by US/UN boycotts

I'm sorry, what did Iran do to get a target painted on it's back again?
Was it that "hostage thing" from 34 years ago?
Is this Hatfields and McCoys global edition?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

what did Iran do to get a target painted on it's back again?

berry women up too there necks and stone them,,maybe but i think it was this,, comment,,

from,,Ruhollah Mostafavi Musavi Khomeini,

(known in the West as Ayatollah Khomeini, was an Iranian religious leader and politician, and leader of the 1979 Iranian Revolution

when he said,,
"Al Quds Day is an annual day chosen to call for Israel to be destroyed."

"In August 1979, the late founder of the Islamic Republic Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini declared the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan as Quds Day, calling on Muslims to mark the annual occasion by holding street rallies."

for Israel to be destroyed.

since then

edit on 11/3/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Has anyone ever noticed that the Crusades never ended?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Another country tells another country to nuke another country.

Go [SNIP] yourself Israeli professor.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

crankyoldman
Has anyone ever noticed that the Crusades never ended?

My "God" is the one true "God" infidels!!!

The meek shall inherit the earth ... after all the "true believers" fight themselves into extinction trying to lay claim to it for this that or the other "God".

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Iran is minding it's own business. But then so was Iraq, lybia, etc.etc. And they don't do fly overs and bomb ships, just because, or maybes...this is getting so tiresome, it's beyond ridiculous.

Why don't they do their own bombing?

This madness must stop...
edit on 3-11-2013 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit on 3-11-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

hmmm I thought I knew how to do this its no longer funny now :-(

www.youtube.com...

anyways....Maybe Israel figures since America has been singing this song for so long Israel prolly started believing it...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-11-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Thanks!
I needed you to jog my memory -
I remember why Iran has a target on it's back:
They don't sell oil in dollars anymore and it's hurting the poor Saudis (and Americans!)
Last country to do that was - Libya!

Iran is not an evil country.
yes they have religious extremists
like every other middle east nation!
This has nothing to do with women being stoned or religion.
It's all about the $$$$$$.

Most Iranians are like you and me.
Most Israelis are like you and me.
Most Americans are like you and me.
We have to stop demonizing countries, races and religions
if were ever going to evolve and thrive again as a species.
Our "leaders" along with a complicit media are using us endlessly.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Okay, here's what I don't understand... why are we even thinking about striking Iran? They haven't attacked another nation for at least 200-300 years. They aren't even having civil unrest in their country, it's stable compared to other countries in the Middle-East -

And then we have Israel, which attacks other countries on a regular basis and locks down the Gaza strip so that it can't get food or water for months at a time.

--

I mean think about it, if we go to war with Iran, and leave it in the same state that we've left other Middle-Eastern countries we've meddled with in the past, that's going to leave yet another unstable country that's going to start spawning terrorists and WMD's *and* have nuclear weapon capabilities. Right now, none of those are the case, except for possibly the nuclear weapon technology - for possibly one pretty crappy warhead - but the U.S. has thousands of nuclear missiles ready to launch at any time.

What is one nuclear missile to act as a deterrent to Israel to keep it from doing something stupid? I thought the U.S. has had that same policy since before the Cold War.

--

Do we have evidence that Iran wants to nuke Israel, and why would they, aren't some of their holy sites there as well? How do we know they don't just want it as a deterrent? I do agree that nuclear power in an oil nation seems like a sketchy motive, so I'm not entirely convinced their nuclear program is legitimate -

But honestly, I get the impression that Americans are so dumb in general, especially when it comes to world politics, that they should not be allowed to have a military, much less a nuclear stockpile.
edit on 04amMon, 04 Nov 2013 00:05:09 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think its funny how so many posters here claim that the US is in the pocket of Israel but obviously that is not the case or we would have bombed Iran already.

Kinda makes that little theory disproved now doesn't it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
in time most countries will eventually get the bmb my guess is. There's probably way more countries with it now than we're lead to believe. Their just kept secret as kinda there backup plan.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

I think Obama threw a wrench in that alliance, and I'm not the only one who has said that. I am thinking that Romney may have already gone through with a strike on Iran, assuming his Presidency didn't fall apart before he got the chance to.
edit on 04amMon, 04 Nov 2013 00:07:42 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

That goes to my point though doesn't it?

If Israel had such a lock on US politics then whomever was president would be irrelevant. This shows that Israel has nothing more than a typical lobby group that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, same as everyone else. When it suits the US interests we will listen, if not, sorry pal, your outta luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join