It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

77 year old man arrested for 11 DUI

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

opethPA

Snarl

Every morning I see the same woman putting on her makeup while she's driving down the road. She drives worse than any drunk I can recall. Should we jail her too? Remember, I'm talking every day for YEARS!!

What about people driving while texting? Have they gotta go to jail too?

Where does it end?

Yup, that person is just as much an idiot and just as selfish and if some fool got arrested 11 times for driving while putting on makeup they should never be locked up also.

Then again by your own admission you have had a drinking problem so I am sure you will defend, deflect or justify this as long as you can.

By your definition, alone, I had a drinking problem. Let's not make it personal, brother. I just wanted to go to sleep. I haven't been behind the wheel of a car with alcohol on my breath since DUI laws were enacted. And, I'm probably the best 'driver' you've EVER had a conversation with.

You dodged my question: Where does it end?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I was fortunate enough to be close enough to walk to work in the morning.

The solution to getting to sleep was physical exhaustion, which can be it's own inebriator if not managed responsibly.

Working 20 hour days and spending time in the gym or running does wonders for getting to sleep. But I've said it more than once. More than likely I will die a horrible fiery death falling asleep trying to drive home from work one day.

Edit:
I still miss sleep.
edit on 3-11-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Snarl
By your definition, alone, I had a drinking problem. Let's not make it personal, brother. I just wanted to go to sleep. I haven't been behind the wheel of a car with alcohol on my breath since DUI laws were enacted. And, I'm probably the best 'driver' you've EVER had a conversation with.

I didn't dodge anything..If you drive impaired be it drunk, drinking, drugs, doing makeup , whatever you should face the consequences of your selfish choice.

Great, looks like you learned how to not make a selfish choice and drive drunk which is admirable.

Again..I lost some one very close to a drunk driver who walked away with minimal injury..It's easy for me to feel no sympathy for a drunk that drives.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

he may have been caught 11 times ,fair to say he has been drink driving an awful lot more than 11 times,and if he hasn't crashed he must be a damn good drink driver

...i think you find it is an attitude,he was drink driving before the laws were passed so he probably believes he is fine doing it and cares not for the law....the law is fickle...so maybe an alternative measure is needed he obviously doesn't care if jail is threatened as he is still doing it....another method of discipline or education is in order.....jail is not always the right answer

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

As a substance control officer (and a drunk), you should know that alcohol impairs your judgement. But saying "If i'm drinking I don't drive" might be your intention, once your judgement is impaired due to excessive alcohol, you might, at some point, very well drive—because your judgement is impaired. That's one of the first things you're taught in counseling/treatment.

reply to post by opethPA

Yes, 11 DUIs is a lot....even over the course of a lifetime. That's an average of one every five years. BUT,

A computer check revealed 10 previous convictions of DUI dating back to 1987.
That's one DUI every 2.3 year. He HAS to have done some time (or he had a great lawyer). While I don't think he should be driving drunk (no one should), these days a DUI can be even BELOW the legal limit due to zero tolerance), and I don't think this guy should be "behind bars for the rest of his life." Take his vehicle away, if anything, but him in involuntary substance abuse treatment, but prison won't do anything, and rarely does except for violent crimes.

I'd love to know what this guy blew, if he did in fact blow.

Hell, a guy down here got a DUI for blowing .01. Yes, really. That's just stupid.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Liquesence

Yes, 11 DUIs is a lot....

Should have stopped there.

People can try and justify someone getting arrested 11 times until the next time a drunk driver kills an innocent person which is probably happening right now some place .

He was arrested for multiple things this time like driving without a license..

"Investigators said a trooper was shortly before 6:45 p.m. driving south on Coverdale Road when he saw a truck in front of him speeding and swerving in and out of the northbound lane."

This fool clearly has no concern for anyone else but himself and since that is true lock him up, treat him behind bars because you can control a selfish idiot like that when locked up and when he can live sober for a few years then put him up for parole.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

opethPA

Snarl

I didn't dodge anything..If you drive impaired be it drunk, drinking, drugs, doing makeup , whatever you should face the consequences of your selfish choice.

Great, looks like you learned how to not make a selfish choice and drive drunk which is admirable.

Again..I lost some one very close to a drunk driver who walked away with minimal injury..It's easy for me to feel no sympathy for a drunk that drives.

I'm truly sorry for your loss ... which trumps all ... and closes my participation in your thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I'm not justifying the arrest, I'm taking issue with what you think is appropriate punishment.

As far as the "he was driving without a license," I always hate when I hear this, because it's as if suddenly not having a valid license, or an expired license suddenly makes one unable or a danger to drive. It's BS. While one does (and should) have to pass a test to get a license, the fact that once it is "expired" you are no longer "legal" to drive without AGAIN PAYING the state to ALLOW you to drive unmolested is a big revenue joke. So my license expired. This does not affect my *ability* to drive.

I still would like to know his BAC, because as I mentioned, a DUI can result being BELOW the legal limit, largely unimpaired, just because ANY amount of alcohol is involved.

Drunk driving is wrong. Keyword DRUNK. I'm not saying this guy wasn't toasted, but I'm bringing the larger issue to light based upon your opinion on punishment regarding DUI and what, these days, can constitute a DUI.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Hell, a guy down here got a DUI for blowing .01. Yes, really. That's just stupid.

Really?!?

I see from your avatar that you may be from GA. Do they have a zero tolerance policy in that state?

If so, are there other states where a BAC of other than 0.00 is considered DUI?

DUI for a BAC of .01 is absurd...

The only thing that person was under the influence of was an oppressive, money-hungry gov't...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

.08 is the legal limit in GA. They are trying to (and succeeding in) implement a zero tolerance policy on top of that, and the "less safe" BS.

So yeah, .01 is simply more money for them to bust people and keep the $ coming in.

People aren't even impaired at .01.

Zero tolerance (across the board, from weapons policy (students suspended/expelled for using their fingers like a pistol or chewing something into the shape of a gun) to everything else) is just more government control and intrusion and locking down our lives as they see fit.

Control and Money.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Plenty of threads to complain about the Govt.

I posted this one to talk about a selfish , foolish , dangerous person that was arrested 11 times for DUIs.
Ill give you two half of those as not being legit because it's the man trying to make money of the drinkers of the world and still he would have been arrested 5 times.

You can spin it however you want, how about this novel idea..if you are impaired then don't drive.
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3008ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Sorry for your loss, I do know where you are coming from as I have been the victim of a multi-dui jackhole who should be in jail for the rest of his life.

The bac limit in my opinion is still to high but I'm just a crusty mean person that should get over it (that is what I was told in u2u one day because I had no sympathy for a drunk driver in another thread) but until people have been affected by a drunk driver they will always come up with excuses on why these laws are wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry, but unless he is a repeat rapist, repeat murderer, like a true psycho, or a high poltician or authority figure found guilty of crimes against humanity, which I hope will happen soon, don't believe in prisons. But, he should be monitored with a bracelot, so they can see when he moves on the radar. That would solve things.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Unity_99
like a true psycho, or a high poltician or authority figure found guilty of crimes against humanity, which I hope will happen soon, don't believe in prisons. But, he should be monitored with a bracelot, so they can see when he moves on the radar. That would solve things.

A true psycho, you mean like someone that got arrested for DUI 11 times.

Clearly with an idiot like the criminal in this post putting on a bracelet will stop him because everything else passive without infringing on the rights of the almighty DUI driver has done a lot.

Nope, lock him up. Give him every possible treatment he can get behind bars to sober up. Give him all the possible training he can get behind bars.. When he proves he can live sober for some extended period of years, 2-5 maybe, then give him supervised release but at this point he does not deserve to have the freedom to put innocent people at risk by driving drunk or intoxicated.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

opethPA
Plenty of threads to complain about the Govt.

I posted this one to talk about a selfish , foolish , dangerous person that was arrested 11 times for DUIs.
Ill give you two half of those as not being legit because it's the man trying to make money of the drinkers of the world and still he would have been arrested 5 times.

You can spin it however you want, how about this novel idea..if you are impaired then don't drive.
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3008ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Well, the thread is about a man arrested 11 times for DUI.

DUI is part & parcel of the thread topic. It is also a legal term that varies from state to state, so a discussion of same is certainly legitimate and not OT.

It seems that you're saying that if a poster doesn't agree with your views then their posts don't belong in this thread. That's certainly understandable given your loss, but I think you're off-base in that position and rather than argue the point I'll just do what another poster did and gracefully exit the thread.

I wish you long days and pleasant nights...
edit on 11/4/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join