It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

340 MPs are using taxpayers' money to claim energy bills on expenses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

VoidHawk
What really takes the pee is that this money is for second homes! They're probably only using them during the summer months! Now add to that the fact that people are being made homeless because of the housing shortage!

They have a spare home!
They use OUR money to heat those homes!

Every single one of them should be made homeless as punishment.

They don't just have second homes, they usually have third, fourth, fifth and sixth homes (if not more) all rented out to executives and what-not. All the expenses goes to paying the mortgage and furnishing of that second home, which once fully stuffed with goodies, is then rented out and they move onto another property.

Meanwhile in the rest of Europe, a quarterly energy bill is less than a monthly phone contract.

Energy bill for a quarter year = £60, mobile phone contract for a month with internet = £80

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Thank you for the links Soloprotocol. I checked, my MP did not claim, so in fairness, I think I shall e-mail and thank him for not taking the proverbial.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Britguy
Another thing to consider is that many of these leeches also hold external director level positions (some multiple positions) in other organizations! That in itself is a recipe for corruption and conflicts of interest.

So, it's not like many of them are short of a few quid. It galls me every time I hear one of them say that they are worse paid than counterparts in the private sector. What they don't mention of course, is that in the private sector, they'd be having to account for every penny they claimed on expenses and would also be held accountable for every penny spent, not walking away from failed initiatives that have cost £Millions and keeping their jobs without any remorse at all.

There has always been the revolving door scenario of MP's leaving to take up lucrative lobbying positions and directorships, with organizations they have promoted whilst in office. This too, is probably worthy of some scrutiny, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Bottom line is that we need a complete shake up and reorganization of government to stamp out this blatant robbery of the public purse, and all the corruption from the local council level right to the very top of the pile.

But it just does not stop there, on top of their salaries, and a very generous amount of expenses, with a giant pay rise in the offing, they also get paid an additional salary for sitting on their endless select commitees. £24,000 for the chair, and £14,000 for the other members. WHY, they are there during the working hours of the house, for which they are already being paid as an MP.
Then they are allowed outside jobs, directorships, run companies, how many of them (other than those who have inherited wealth) come out soooo much richer than when they went in.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Considering they only work 7 months out of the year i wonder how many have submitted claims on there days.weeks.months off....Another story for another time i suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join