It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 - German invents radar camouflaging paint.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

At work yet another night, we're playing shut down catchup. What's funny is that the funding summary doc with Li's 500k had an "other funding" 32 mill and change to produce a demo run of lhm paint for an airframe at PW. Will see if I can find a copy to post, this was 2001 or 2002 IIRC. Will also see what I can find on the other thing you put up.

Some active LHM coatings can be rigged to return zero or negative dopplers.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ahk, I couldn't find the original doc with that in it, I actually couldn't find the first doc on the SBIR website, mainly just copies on CT websites.

Do you know if the second one was a SAP or turned into one? I can find an article about DAPRA giving $40 million dollars to a university to do research on LHM but that was mainly to do research with lensing and wave guides.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Hmmm...the plot thickens.

This may tie into another contentious theory...chemtrails.

Think for a moment the effect on these aircraft, tanks etc. of flying or driving through an area saturated with barium sulfate or nitrate or nanoparticle sized aluminium particles...what would the effect on it's visible or IR signature if these elements came into contact with these hi-tech coatings?

I would hazard a guess that they would lose a significant portion of their 'invisibility', in all spectrums.

Maybe this is the real reason for chemtrails...they're using the nano particles as a way to 'see' camouflaged craft, when radar or even the Human eye can't detect them.

Another way to detect these so-called invisible craft, is to use a series of low power laser grids.

In the case of detecting aircraft, vertical laser grids, placed well in advance of sensitive or key installations, would be able to detect a break in the grid when a craft crosses or breaks the beams.

It wouldn't matter if you could see it or not, if something large enough breaks the laser grid, you know you have an incursion and can then blanket the area with AAA or the equivalent.

Another method might be to use X-Rays as a detection resource...are these coatings also invisible to X-Rays?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Chemtrails aren't real.

If chemtrails were being used to give aircraft stealth properties then whatever else flew through it would be hidden aswell, that would make it pretty hard for regular pax a/c as they fly the same routes as the 'chemtrail a/c'. ATC would probably notice when suddenly all it's aircraft disappear off the radar screens.

As for the other point I doubt Russia would overfly the US, they closest they come is when they test the response times with their bears. They are actually allowed to do a fly over of a preprogrammed route thanks to the 'Open Skies' policy, and the US can do the same. This is like satellites though and doesn't have the element of surprise.

The laser thing probably wouldn't work either, not in the way you described it anyway, you would need a fair few lasers if they were just pointing straight up.

Any country that planned on trying an air attack on the US would be pretty stupid and they'd need a pretty special aircraft to penetrate the airspace and usually when you drop bombs your RCS goes right up on account of the bomb bay doors opening.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Stealthbomber
reply to post by Bedlam

Ahk, I couldn't find the original doc with that in it, I actually couldn't find the first doc on the SBIR website, mainly just copies on CT websites.

Do you know if the second one was a SAP or turned into one? I can find an article about DAPRA giving $40 million dollars to a university to do research on LHM but that was mainly to do research with lensing and wave guides.

You know, I don't know. I have a copy of it back home on my work machine, but went looking for the original award docs that USED to be on the net and couldn't find them. Doesn't mean they're not there, I just didn't dredge it up.

The lensing thing ... that's a big deal at NRO - if you can make a diffraction compensated "perfect" lens, you can get past that pesky Rayleigh limit for telescopes in low earth orbit. They may talk about it in other terms, but if you see "evanescent waves" or "perfect lenses" or "metamaterial lensing" the thrust is for either perfect spaceborne lensing or nanotech imaging.

I think the funniest part of the award was that PW was about to stir up a batch of the stuff back in 2001, which sort of compresses the timeline on when meta coatings were supposedly invented by Shelly Schwartz.

eta: it's a real beeyotch to get grant data from AFOSR for some reason. I haven't had a lot of time. If nothing else, my next break at the house is Dec 10, you can always drop me a u2u to jog my memory while I can get to my work machine, it's got better/different credentials than the one here at the customer's.

I did find a really interesting letter from Schwartz to AFOSR where he said he found it difficult to bring himself to tell them all the ramifications.
Apparently, he was about to run off the edge of the grant before he generated the first 'report', it was less than two pages. Although it was interesting. Sad that I can find that but not what he got paid. Yet.

edit on 14-11-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

MysterX
This may tie into another contentious theory...chemtrails.

Likely not, as they don't exist.

Think for a moment the effect on these aircraft, tanks etc. of flying or driving through an area saturated with barium sulfate or nitrate or nanoparticle sized aluminium particles...what would the effect on it's visible or IR signature if these elements came into contact with these hi-tech coatings?

Unless it's somehow chemically corrosive, aluminum oxide, barium sulfate and barium nitrate don't have a lot of radar cross section, and would not affect either a visible or IR signature. In fact, you can sort of # up an IR detector with the right barium goop injected into the engine exhaust. But I digress.

I would hazard a guess that they would lose a significant portion of their 'invisibility', in all spectrums.

Not at all.

Another way to detect these so-called invisible craft, is to use a series of low power laser grids.

In the case of detecting aircraft, vertical laser grids, placed well in advance of sensitive or key installations, would be able to detect a break in the grid when a craft crosses or breaks the beams.

It wouldn't matter if you could see it or not, if something large enough breaks the laser grid, you know you have an incursion and can then blanket the area with AAA or the equivalent.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "breaks the grid". I know on movies and sci-fi, there is a propensity to use "laser grids" as detection. The issue is this - it's fiction. If you have some sort of optical receiver on the other side, then sure, if something flies through the beam you will detect it. This is sort of how multistatic radar setups detect stealth. However, just honking a laser beam into free space doesn't do crap for you in terms of detection, unless the target is reflective. If it's good and black, fugedaboudit.

OTOH, you could possibly use the GuideStar system to put up a bunch of near-space 'dots' to look at, but you'd have to go to a lot of effort.

Another method might be to use X-Rays as a detection resource...are these coatings also invisible to X-Rays?

Same issue - you'd have to have a detector on the other side that the plane flew through. Also, you've got one hellacious attenuation rate for x-rays in atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks,

I've tried looking into it a bit more and still came up with nothing so i'll drop you a PM closer to when you get back.

I've looked into the perfect lens and plasmonic metamaterials a little while ago, the applications in the private sector will be great not just for the NRO

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Or you simply light up the background, say put a few hundred thousand Watts into the ionosphere with something like HAARP, and then look for any moving dark spots.

However its probably well known what the weak points of most types of stealth are, which is why the best approach likely adds electronic warfare aircraft working in combined operations with stealth ones. This is because methods best suited to beat stealth are also a lot more sensitive and vulnerable to active jamming. Thus a combo approach renders stealth fairly undetectable once again.
edit on 12-12-2013 by pauljs75 because: improve clarity.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

You wouldn't really be flying a stealth plane in the ionosphere anyway so HAARP wouldn't apply here.

Bedlams the man on here to debunk HAARP related stuff though, so if he sees this he'll be able to give you a better explanation.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Precision aimed radar

This is very important research effort, in the white, which, as a betting man, is maybe a decade behind (if not more) DARPA research.

The device, which weighs less than a pound, may be used to focus radio waves precisely on molecules to create high-resolution images. Furthermore this lightweight devices can be mounted on satellites to image stars and other celestial bodies in space, said Ehrenberg.

What looks out, could also look down and fit into a tiny little space rocket with a tiny little cargo bay.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Wasn't there also some plasma technology that was added/applied to the stealth bombers that either confused radar or made them more airstream?

So much information out there that I either archive away or forget.

Cheers,

Kratos

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Now, a team of researchers at the University of Central Florida, led by Debashis Chanda, have perfected a nanotransfer printing technique that makes it possible to create larger swaths of the metamaterial—about four by four inch squares. From there, multiple pieces can be stitched together with an automated tool to create a very large area of coverage, Chanda explained in an email.

Want an invisible cloak? tailored to size Sir! suits you Sir!

I just cannot believe this isn't a talking point all across ATS. This is here and now.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It actually surprise me too.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It actually surprise me too.

All over the internet, time and time again, little snippets fall like rain drops into the public pond. If you look carefully you can see that a (almost perfectly) sight avoiding VVVLO microwave energy vampire is maybe already in the skies above us - like some terrible nightmarish cuttlefish with all seeing eyes and terrible claws.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I've followed more bread crumbs to an actual project, just based on the little things that they let out like this. You follow it long enough and you come across something really interesting. Of course some of those bread crumbs are really really really small and hard to find.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That German fellow seems to be about 80 years too late though, so~

None the less, perhaps this is just a Snake-oil operation, Ala the many "Totally new revolutionary cure" for *insert med problem here*?

Otherwise this probably works into Drone usage over the U.S.

edit on 3-5-2014 by Szarekh because: You ain't my big brother

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
how about this

truthfall.com... ness-mufon-isaac-real-prometheus-connection/

Any comment

Can't make a new treath

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

I personally adore the Cuttlefish.

True Facts About The CuttleFish

edit on 44731America/ChicagoMon, 28 Jul 2014 18:44:39 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 17th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join