It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night Seemed Extremely Long

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am on the East Coast USA and we did have Daylight Savings last night and turned our clocks back and also there was an eclipse. Don't know if that matters. Anyway at 2 am (that's the time that would normally be 3 am here) Me and my significant other awoke and I had a pretty long (it seemed) detailed dream about Total Recall (2012) I had just watched it before bed. Well anyway we both got up and I felt like it should have been 7 or even 8 am. I put it off to my wacky inner clock which is always broken it seems, but when he said he felt as if he had slept eight hours or more too, I was then not so sure because he doesn't usually have problems like that.

I know you could chalk it up to the time being set back, but the thing is, we lived with that all our lives and neither of us has ever had that happen on a change of the time, it once happened to us before but on a night where no clocks were set back. This was a few years ago.

Has anyone else here experienced this last night?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Cant believe its only 730am Pacific

Thought it was 9am

Going back to snooze

edit on 3-11-2013 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Seriously. Up til 3 eatings steaks and bar hopping. Watching gypsy girls dance and sing. Where does the time go?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Last night felt different to me too.
I didn't even do anything with the clocks yet, your post just reminded me.

All my dreams felt like I was half awake, yet I was dreaming. Like a lucid dream but all night. Plus, every dream was spent in underground shelters of sorts. I mostly remember dirt walls and floors.

Also I have two dogs that slept so soundly. The one that always barks, didn't bark once at anything (indoor dogs), and the little dog who sleeps with me, didn't move around like usual.
I was almost ready to jostle him to make sure he was ok.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There was a solar eclipse this morning. It was visible on the East Coast and it was just after sunrise. So that would indeed make the evening seem longer ....

USA Today - Solar Eclipse
Solar Eclipse at Sunrise on Sunday - CNN
edit on 11/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yeah the dream I had seemed half awake/half asleep too, I was even answering (remembered answering) my Significant other, and still being in the dream!!! Crazy...because I didn't associate the 2 things. There was something definitely odd to me about last night. Weird.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Tell me about it...... I had an insomniac attack night last night, somehow finished two full Jack Reacher novels. That is over 600 pages, that's a lot, even for me.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had a series of lucid dreams last night, all strung together with common themes like a set of short stories. Between each dream, I passed through a portal of a different texture and vivid color -- deep sapphire, glowing golden orange, etc. I wish that I could recall all the dreams...I remember old-fashioned elevators, shops with exquisite Victorian gowns, magic spells, my sister's laughter and -- oh yes -- Morgan Freeman dropped in for a cameo appearance.

Agreed -- long night!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Woke up early as well. I might even be early for work tomorow for a change.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It's really odd that you bring this up. I woke up and sat down at the computer with a cup of coffee; immediately came to ATS, and this is the first thread I open.

Odd because just before I came here, I had just been nursing my coffee for a few minutes remembering a rather remarkable and lucid dream I had. And very long. I believe it lasted most of the night.

Seems I'd been through a couple of days of bizarre incidents and ended up naked and alone in a bad neighborhood. A post-apocalyptic bad neighborhood. A girl I had been mildly in love with in high school (whom I had never before dreamt about, to my knowledge) came along and asked if I needed a ride home. The rest of the dream was our getting re-acquainted and personal stuff of no particular import.

But it was a very long and weird night, now that you mention it....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My dream last night .... self edited. It probably isn't of interest so I thought better of posting it.

I think you guys think it was a 'long night' because of the change of the clock backwards
AND because there was a solar eclipse that made the dark morning even longer.

edit on 11/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You got me to log on this morning with this thread.
I had some strange dreams last night as well, large groups of people coming together under strange circumstances, rather lucid as well. But the oddest thing was that both of my sons were just standing in my room expecting it to be morning, and right at 3 o'clock. I also woke up an hour later to them running around the house like it was mid morning. It was strange, because they don't usually do that. They have always slept well in their own rooms and woken up between 6 and 7 am. Both times I got them back to bed and fell back to sleep quickly ( which is odd for me after being woken up during the night) and my dreams resumed right where they had left off.
Asking them again just now my oldest has no idea why he was awake at that time, and my youngest tells me he was dreaming about daddy mooses and bears and animals, he's 3.

Your not alone on this one, and I am in Alaska, as far from the east coast as I can be and still be in the US .

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Wow incredible how many people feel that the night was long and odd. Do you normally have lucid dreams or not usually? I know for a fact I never answered before while dreaming and actually answered the question accordingly (usually I'll mumble incoherently, and won't even remember a question being asked) But I was coherent even though I was still in the dream... I was dreaming the movie I had just watched as if I was watching it again!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, I don't think the eclipse had much to do with it, seeing as how I woke up when it would still be dark thinking it should be light around 3 am without setting the clock back so it was actually 2 am by the computer time. And the time I thought it should have been is like 7-8ish am it would be normal to wake at 7am and the eclipse make it darker but I awoke when you'd expect it to be dark but felt it should have been morning at sunrise, even my body felt like I had slept a full night. That is something that never happens to me I would get up to go to the bathroom but I'd know internally it was still not morning. I'd feel like it was 2/3am or whatever. I wouldn't feel like it should be daylight. And like I said the time change never before made my internal clock messed up, however my internal clock would make me stay up late hours and such but I'm still pretty good at guessing the time just not feeling tired when I should normally.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well this is weird my girlfriend said to me this morning, that last night seemed really long and i agreed. I don't recall my dreams though, which i usually do.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 5ofineed5aladder

Are you setting your clocks back, too or not? Where are you from (generally not specifically) Are you on the East Coast?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Same with me.

Time was dragging all evening.

I had a weird sense all evening.

Even the TV shows were dragging on and on.

And ATS seemed very slow....not the internet, the threads were not as active as usual.

Then crazy dreams.

Woke up and got up twice for no reason.

Hmmm.

Add; I'm in Chicago.
edit on Nov-03-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Time did seem to drag along last night, and my wife and I both commented on how this morning has had the same feel to it. It has been lingering all day as well.

S'matter of fact, I live in Denver (north Berkeley neighborhood, along 44th Avenue), and today I decided to walk down to the far end of the 16th Street Mall to pick up a few things for my daughter. No good reason to drive on such a beautiful day, so off I went. I left right around 11 am, took my time, crossed the Platte River on 15th Street (via 29th), walked all the way down to my destination (500 block of 16th Street), browsed in the store for a good while, made a purchase, and headed home.

I was surprised when I walked in the front door at home and saw it was 1.10 pm.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

No, lucid dreaming is very unusual for me.

In the past (rarely) I've taken a valerian/passionflower combination to help me sleep. That sometimes causes lucid dreaming for me. But it's probably been 3 years or more since I've had any.

So, on the whole, this was quite a remarkable and unusual experience for me....

edit on 11/3/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Last night seemed long to me too. Mind you, I was wasted at least two different ways from about eight on Saturday night, till I went to bed yesterday night at eleven! Halloween parties are always hilariously messy affairs !

Seriously though, the only thing I noticed was how early it got dark, and that's pretty normal for this period in the year in my experience.

top topics

join