It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can The Dead Really Live Again ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Would you say . . .

˙ yes ?
˙ no ?
˙ maybe ?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Death Is Like a Deep Sleep

“Give light to my eyes, so that I may not fall asleep in death.”—Psalm 13:3.

“‘Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him.’ The disciples then said to him: ‘Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.’ Jesus, however, had spoken about his death.”—John 11:11-13.

“David, on the one hand, rendered service to God in his own generation [and] fell asleep in death.”—Acts 13:36.

“Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.”—1 Corinthians 15:20.

“We do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope.”—1 Thessalonians 4:13.

The Dead Will Rise

“Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully!”—Isaiah 26:19.

“Many of those asleep in the dust of the earth will wake up.”—Daniel 12:2.

“The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.”—John 5:28, 29.

"And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." - Acts 24:15

TO THINK ABOUT

Why do we grow old and die?

The Bible answers that question at
GENESIS 3:17-19 and ROMANS 5:12.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Medicine and science bring people back from the dead all the time.
Near Death Experiences ... lots of them.

As far as praying someone back from the dead .... YES.
Read 'Raised from the Dead' by Albert J. Hebert.
Stories through the centuries of prayer raising people from the dead.

As for what the bible says about death being a 'deep sleep' ... the writers got it wrong.
They interjected their own thoughts on the matter. Their writings aren't from God.
I've had MANY encounters with ghosts .... so those souls aren't 'sleeping'.
I've had a few encounters with a particular saint .... and she wasn't 'sleeping'.
The dead are not asleep. They are awake and aware of everything here.

Why would a person long dead would want to be stuck back in an organic body when they
have been tooling around the multi-verses in an etherial body. That makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Add Isaiah 26 to this...

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
    their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
    wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
    the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
    and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
    until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
    to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
    the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I don't believe in resurrection of the body, but I don't think that spirit ever dies.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have no doubt of your said encounters, however the ability of super natural beings(Demons) to trick people abounds, any of your experiences that were 100% real were just that. Sorry that's what it is.
And I have had my encounters too, so I know what your saying, I also know what is behind the manifestation of these types of things.

When you read the book of Genesis, 2 options are shown to the first human pair one, die and go back to the dust, that one came from God. The other from Satan who basically said nah, you can live forever even if you sin against God. Satan continues to perpetuate the myth that people don't die, that they have an immortal soul because he started it.
It's no wonder that he has his Demons mimic the dead, he always tries to keep the ideology going.
You don't think they they can duplicate voices, images and have all the knowledge of what that person did and said ? And yes God allows it.

1 John 5:19
"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Each Self has chosen their own "death" prior to taking a body or "vessel" and if the Self leaves their vessel too early they become "stuck"

Are You familiar with the game of Poker? What if You KNEW Your cards, the other player's cards and the cards about to be turned between betting, how long would that game be "fun"?

Want to see what is on "the other side"? A great majority of the Spiritual is based on "intentions" what do You plan on doing with the knowledge? Some may type "service-to-Self" vs. "service-to-others" but absolutely nothing "positive" will happen until One LOVES their own Self. Conversely, the One who comes w/a "heavy heart" is equally accessible to the "non-positive"

death/re-birth/Life/death repeat if necessary. We are ALL "The Creator" working our way BACK to whence we came, The One Infinite Creator. You've "died" a 100x already, when You are done then it is You that decides if You've "learned enough yet" if not? Get a new Body. Want to see who You were before? Ask to be shown, I use meditation. Look into meditations to access the "Akashic Records" and clear out Your chakras and SEE for YourSelf. Don't be surprised by what You find, and the less "judgement used" it seems more is shown.

Enjoy Your trip.

namaste

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Blue_Jay33
Sorry that's what it is.

Sorry that's not what it is. You are free to think that demons pretend to be saints but that's just your belief. And while I agree that demons CAN fake being dead people, that doesn't mean that every event is a demon. The fact is that the dead are very active. Your beliefs run contrary to the evidence I've encountered. I'll trust the evidence over a persons religious beliefs.

When you read the book of Genesis,

God didn't write Genesis. Humans did. And it's full of folklore and myth.

edit on 11/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Your beliefs run contrary to the evidence I've encountered. I'll trust the evidence over a persons religious beliefs.

Our perception is our personal reality.
And perception can be manipulated by life experience.

One person I know came to believe in God because he saw the dark side of the spirit realm in action for a few years, their conclusion, if evil spirits exist, then the good ones must as well. What they saw of evil spirits in action confirmed the bible descriptions of demons and there actions.

Of coarse your experiences with the supernatural in itself taints your ability to see the truth.
I can't deny how powerful that must be on a persons perception of reality, so I empathize with your current perspective.

edit on 3-11-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Blue_Jay33
Of coarse your experiences with the supernatural in itself taints your ability to see the truth.

I appreciate your polite responses .... but honestly your thought that the real life experiences somehow taint ability to see truth is backwards to common sense. A book (the bible) known to be full of myth, folklore, and cultural opinion masquerading as 'The Word of God' says something different than what my own personal experience states ... So I'm going with personal experience telling the truth rather than a book that can be easily proven wrong.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The consensus seems to be "Yes" so far, there is a divergence in belief of how this actually happens however.

It seems only hardcore atheists believe we go off into non-existence with no hope at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Blue_Jay33

I appreciate your polite responses .... but honestly your thought that the real life experiences somehow taint ability to see truth is backwards to common sense. A book (the bible) known to be full of myth, folklore, and cultural opinion masquerading as 'The Word of God' says something different than what my own personal experience states ... So I'm going with personal experience telling the truth rather than a book that can be easily proven wrong.

Sorry.

Uhm, yeah...uh yep, the supernatural experiences (REAL) taints you from the truth....

That's funny.

FlyersFan, have fun with this one.

I'm laughing right now...because it is too funny. Real life experiences don't count. He means if I stub my toe against the coffee table, then that's not enough for me to understand the truth that stubbing my toe brings pain?

Oh that darn supernatural, it just clouds everything....sheeesh.

Maybe the guy doesn't know that the coffee table is more real than we are, because it has more dense atoms and we are more empty space? Yeah, we are full of empty space, so therefore, everything is more tangible than we are.

Max Planck, the Nobel Prize winner in Physics said: “As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter”

Even the greatest biological scientist believes in a creator. Imagine that, Max Planck, a believer. Interesting. If the intelligent mind can create life, then why can't the intelligent mind bring back life or sustain it?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Blue_Jay33

Your beliefs run contrary to the evidence I've encountered. I'll trust the evidence over a persons religious beliefs.

One person I know came to believe in God because he saw the dark side of the spirit realm in action for a few years, their conclusion, if evil spirits exist, then the good ones must as well.

If FlyersFan is "tainted" by experience isn't your friend as well? You too as you said you had experienced some similar(?) things.

I don't believe in any spirits or ghosts but I would be more inclined to believe in them with some proof or first hand experience than I would believing in a collection of old stories written by men and then claimed to be the gospel truth by from the creator of the universe (and beyond.) Just saying.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you ask those who have actually died, death is nothing to be afraid of. Now if you ask people who have NEVER died, death is something to be afraid of and to abhor.

It seems only hardcore atheists believe we go off into non-existence with no hope at all.

I don't think any of us have the right to define death as hopeless. You're thinking like an animal. Existence is the number one priority. We must survive. For what? To keep surviving! But some want to ascribe some higher meaning to that animal instinct to avoid calling it what it is.

edit on 3-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Bassago
I don't believe in any spirits or ghosts but I would be more inclined to believe in them with some proof or first hand experience .....

Oh buddy .... the stories I could tell ....

I"m not going to invite you over to my house (that would be an insane thing to do), so I can't share my first hand experiences from this house with you. But If you want a first hand experience .... check here .... Shadowland Haunted PLaces Index . You might find something near you that will satisfy your need for a first hand experience.

My suggestion .... go stay over at the Farnsworth House in Gettysburg for a few nights. And dont go during the high tourist season. The quieter it is ... the more activity you'll get.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I"m not going to invite you over to my house

Why not?
Sorry that's what stood out first in you post.

Honest I'm safe.

On topic, the closest I've come to anything you describe was when house shopping one time. Went to look at a beautiful old 3 story Tudor home but it was too creepy once inside. While touring the 3rd (top) floor there was a small bedroom that gave me the chills. I swear I felt that some kid had been locked up there, killed and probably still haunted the place. Didn't see anything but it was bad enough to get the heck out of there.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
When in doubt blame it on demons...that seems to be the default mode of a lot of people that cant reconcile it being anything else as to align with their belief system.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I love Shadowlands.

That's a good site, they really have a lot of indexed stories. I am going to look at it now. And if you are being haunted now, I hope you get help with that.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

gadfire
When in doubt blame it on demons...that seems to be the default mode of a lot of people that cant reconcile it being anything else as to align with their belief system.

Who is doubting?

Let's see, the Bible does talk about it. The seven sons of Sceva thought they were exorcists and all got thrown out of the house.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

WarminIndy

gadfire

Who is doubting?

Let's see, the Bible does talk about it. The seven sons of Sceva thought they were exorcists and all got thrown out of the house.

Someone apparently was doubting flyersfan experience..they blamed it on demons.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can The Dead Really Live Again ?
NO.... just an wishfull thinking we are learned to be part of sociaty
you become just an memory for an while....then nothing remains.....just dust in the wind
edit on 3-11-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join