It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Vows to Silence Dalai Lama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
China vows to silence the Dalai Lama in Tibet. And how will they be doing this? NO PRIVACY is the main way. The Chinese Government will be creating party cells in some websites, confiscating satellite dishes and registering telephone and Internet users by name ... and then monitor everything. That, in addition to the usual shutting down of freedom of information - China style. People still getting the information from the Dalai Lama face the Chinese Gov't telling them they are breaking the law. The punishments over there are a frightening thing to think about.

China Vows to Silence Dalai Lama

AFP - China's ruling Communist Party aims to silence the voice of the Dalai Lama in his Tibetan homeland by tightening controls on media and the Internet, a top official said on Saturday.

The party's top-ranking official in the Tibet region Chen Quanguo vowed to "ensure that the voices of hostile forces and the Dalai group are not seen or heard," in an editorial published in a party journal called Qiushi.

Officials would "make sure that the voice of the party is heard and seen everywhere in this vast 120 million square kilometre region," Chen wrote in the editorial.

India News - China Vows to Ensure Dalai Lamas Voice Unheard in Tibet

The Dalai Lama, who fled to India after a failed uprising in 1959, says he simply wants genuine autonomy for Tibet, and denies espousing violence. Chen said the party would seek to expose the Dalai Lama's "hypocrisy and deception" and his "reactionary plots". China has long defended its iron-fisted rule in Tibet, saying the region suffered from dire poverty, brutal exploitation and economic stagnation until 1950, when Communist troops "peacefully liberated" Tibet.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I like this Dalai Lama. He seems to be a nice guy. Maybe it is because we have the same forehead markings that I feel at home with his talking. The New Pope is a really nice guy also, he does not appear as a stuffed shirt to me.

I suppose the good nature of the Dalai Lama is a threat to the Chinese government. They can't have everyone being happy in China.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Seems like they are going after the "spokesman" of an ideology that doesn't agree with theirs rather than just the man. Why a huge country like China feels threatened in the potential loss of Tibet is beyond me.

So I think it's more his ideas.

ETA: FlyersFan I just noticed that you have over 1, 300, 000 stars--holy crap.

edit on 11/3/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I think you underestimate the power of

PRIDE

in several Asian countries . . . particularly China and Japan.

And, they LOVE POWER.

I think the two are wedded. Power and Pride.

Certainly greed is rampant but I think power and pride both trump greed . . . though all those motivations and traits tend to be wedded there.

Some have claimed that China was not acquisitive. Nonsense. They are masters at VERY CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION.

True, at various points in their history, they had enough to deal with in just maintaining the conquests they had achieved . . . and some were not very outward looking--content to focus on the kingdoms they had amassed to that point in time.

However, I expect them to take over all SE Asia, Japan, Australia, Philippines etc either before or after their attack on the West Coast of the USA after taking Hawaii.

I think the puppet masters have also scheduled such.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Imho it is impossible to silence an idea. The philosophy of Tibetan Buddhism has existed for centuries and through many incarnations of the Dalai Lama. China has been trying to silence those ideas since they invaded Tibet, without success. Freedom is the real threat China opposes and she is losing that fight inside as well as outside her borders.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It sounds like China is growing weary of Tibet acting like they are Tibet or something. How silly of them. After all, as I was shocked to see last year in geography, "Tibet" isn't even carried as a notation on many modern world maps for how totally China has erased it as an entity on any level.

Of course, the world has ignored that piece of ongoing global drama since China invaded them and made them a province. Why? Why knows... No oil or other strategic resources anyone but China is interested in, I'd guess.

This news saddens me, but doesn't surprise me. The Tibetan culture is the only thing China has failed, thus far, to totally wipe out. Obviously, they seek to correct that 'oversight'.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Chinese authorities are so afraid of loosing an once of power over their population that they desperately need to silence the ideas of a man of peace and understanding.

I feel sad for the Chinese population.

Anyway, you can silence a man but you can't silence an idea which it's time has come.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised that there are enough native Tibetens left for the Chinese government to worry about. I guess their genocide program wasn't as effective as they had hoped.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If China had not taken Tibet when it did, one of two things would have happened.

India would have taken it or it would now be full of US missile sites. It is a buffer zone between two huge armies, the Chinese and the Indian. China saw what the West was doing after WW2 splitting countries, creating countries, putting puppet governments in power and did not want and could not afford to have this happen to Tibet. So, she acted!

While it is not reported in the MSM, China has problems with 'peaceful Tibetans' armed with AKs coming over the border from Pakistan. Some of those groups were insurgents backed by the US back in the sixties. Tibet is one of the poorest countries and would have sold out to graft and corruption had she remained 'independent.'

P

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
You ddont mean she would sell out to graft and corruption like the USA or Canada say......or do you mean sell out to graft and corruption like the USSR or yugoslavia?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Fear!!

Why be so afraid of a monk??

edit on 4-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: phrase change.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I completely agree.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The 'west' has a very romanticised notion of Tibet. The treatment of people under the Tibetan theocracy was disgusting. The Chinese did the right thing to 'liberate' the Tibetans.

The Dalai Lama received funding from the CIA.

new topics

top topics

join