It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing footage of an exploding Electrical Fireball in Lachine, Canada - Nov 1, 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Here is a video of what looks like an Electrical Fireball, seems like a transformer blew? I really don't know, the person doesn't leave a description on his video so I found this:
Link

The sky was lighting up with all kinds of colors and while shooting the thunderstorm, Huw Griffiths captured an electrical fireball.

The fireball continues its way over the power lines and explodes.

Huw Griffiths wonders whether it was just transformers blowing one by one or an unexplained natural phenomenon.

Ball lightning is an unexplained atmospheric electrical phenomenon. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is usually associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt. Many of the early reports say that the ball eventually explodes.

It would of scared me if I had witnessed that!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

I don't think I would have stuck around filming it as close as he was. Something like that would have scared my last bejeeber out of me and I'm trying to save it for something special and unique.

It is a pretty cool sight though isn't it?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not to sound to harsh I'm glad he did stand that close, or we wouldn't have this great footage, a brave and top man.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

amazing phenomena ! how well captured by this brave bloke.

this world never ceases to surprise me.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. LOL

I think that he was in to much awe with what he was witnessing and only when it explodes does he realize that he may be in danger as evidenced by him dropping the F-bomb at that point and ducking back into the house.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is not too far from where I live! There were some nasty gusts of wind on Friday, they knocked down a lot of electrical polls and dispersed construction cones wreaking havoc on the highways.

I must admit that the sight in the video is absolutely stunning and rare. I have seen a transformer explode from a far (colors are amazing and bright) like it did in the video when the guys turns away and says "#" , but never seen an electrical ark travel like that.

Awesome! Hope nobody was hurt. Awesome!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

That was totally weird! It flashed, then it flashed, then it flashed... multiple times!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Looks like ball lightning that was following the wires and then blew out a transformer. Very cool. S&F

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Intense!

I was once part of an unfortunate event where I was walking home from school one day and I was under a transformer that exploded directly above me just as I passed under. The sparks and flashing was intense, but not nearly as long or as intense as in this video. I will never forget the sound as the transformer made above me when it exploded; it sounded like electricity was running through my body vibrating vigorously.

This video doesn't look like a transformer exploding (in my opinion). Thanks for posting, I wonder what others have to say.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

that's a vid that should make the internet rounds and local and national newscasts. I'd like to hear from people who work with electricity and the routing of electricity to see if this is something known in the industry or is an anomaly. Thanks for the post.

EDIT: When I was a teen a good friend and his family had a ball lightning come through his front door, down the hall, and into the kitchen. They were both freaked out and, imnho, very lucky to have seen that. I'm not saying this vid is ball lightning, I've never seen it but sure wouldn't mind.

edit on 3-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think this is just an electrical arc. I have made these types of arcs on a very small scale (5000Vac at 500Watts). The reason why I think this one is travelling sideways along the wire instead of staying in one spot is that there may be a small DC current in the wires magnetically pushing the arc.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Awesome video.
Not anything that can't be logically explained but still very cool to see..
Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I wonder if that's what it would look like if it was caused by a CME ?
Major solar storms lately. Northern latitudes are much more susceptible
obviously. And it was a solar storm that caused the '03 rolling brown out in Canada.
edit on 3-11-2013 by sealing because: syntax

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Power cables running in parallel through an ionised gas (air post lightning strike) is a an almost perfect situation to generate a high voltage traveling arc so this proably the most likely explanation.

It reminded me of this event
which again involves power cables.

I'm sure ball lightning exists but whenever it;s along power lines there is always going to be doubt.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Moly Smokes! That was pretty electrifying!

I see the makings of a better-than-average B movie here. The electrical grid develops some form of AI and starts attacking folk.

Fire-balls chase cars along their lines and jump off exploding the cars and frying the passengers. People try and shut down the grids and are attacked by Medusa-like wires.

It even has its own sequel built in. When humankind finally does succeed in killing the power: BLACKOUT!

edit on 3-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Wow!! My hubby would be asking for a change clothes. Lol

Cool video.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Probably initiated by something falling on the power lines like a tree branch. Once the air is ionised it will begin arcing like that. Not sure why it travelled down the wires though instead of staying in the same place, but evidently it travelled down the line to a transformer, which then blew up. The impedance was evidently too high for it to trip protection equipment.
edit on 4/11/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That is jaw dropping.

Electric Universe!!

new topics

top topics

join