It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Stone Hut on mars Sol 728 captured by Spirit rover ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

breadinspector
John Lear states that there are 40 planets with life like earth in our solar system.

That's nonsense. Our solar system only has eight planets.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

JadeStar

breadinspector
John Lear states that there are 40 planets with life like earth in our solar system.

Pluto is a planet, damnit!

If pluto isn't a planet, midgets aren't people.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Good find but unless they 'rove' over and look we can't assume anything it may be part of a lot of tops of hills that are all like that and have drifting sand covering the others up.
I think NASA should check it out anyway as it looks different and to ignore it speaks volumes in why we are exploring Mars in the first place!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeap! Zoom in on the upper left and you can see a flag. It's a FORT!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
To me it looks like a honeycomb basaltic pumice rock, full of holes. Because it's a 'big' piece, elevated and stand alone, and not much bothered by dust I thought it would had garnered more interest from NASA, but there you go.
edit on 3-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

JadeStar

breadinspector

Well Chief..Obviously, the other 32 planets are invisible, with invisible life and invisible spacecraft.

And this stone hut was built by the invisible people!!.

Anyway Chief...when discussing Top Secret Information, the Control manual says....

We Must Use the Cone Of Silence!!!!

Uuugh, will ATS now please send us all a "Cone of Silence".......please???

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I remember noticing this in that image a few years back. To say the least there are some WEIRD things on Mars. It does look like some sort of structure. The only thing I wonder is what are the chances of us landing a rover within range of artifacts on that planet? Its smaller than earth but has the same land area as earth (land area of Earth minus the oceans). It would be like landing on Earth next to the Sphinx.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It might have a weird shape, but there's nothing that says it still can't be a natural geological erosion feature. Mars seems to have conditions that may favor hoodoo formation. Hopefully the people planning the rover mission will take a closer look at it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why is this thread still open? This photo is arround since at least 2006 and that has already been mentioned on page 1

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

aLLeKs
Why is this thread still open? This photo is arround since at least 2006 and that has already been mentioned on page 1

Since when did ATS threads have a time period limit...
It´s not like I put it under "breaking news"

I just happen to stumble over this abnormally now, perhaps NASA where not as good as covering their tracks back in the days..

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why is this a black and white photo? I am so sick of seeing black and white photos of Mars when I can get magazine quality photos with a damn $1000 Canon?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yes, it doesn't hurt to revisit old news, I thought I have looked at most of the threads on Mars but I missed this the first time around.
Thanks for the interesting photo OP!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Why do you care if this thread is open or closed?

Annnyway, thanks for posting this otherwise I probably never would have seen it. Rock or
not I think they should have gotten a closer inspection just for the mere fact that it is anomalous and interesting. Seems weird but maybe the rover was in an auto mode or something.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's clearly an afro like the musical genius Kid n Play made famous. You can tell by the distance of the dune and the size of the afro that this is a giant sleeping African American. I know he lives on Mars but if he has brown skin he's got to check that box. So anyways he can't be a martian.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

ArMaP

tjack
To me, this one's all about scale.

You're right.

This photo comes from the rover's panoramic camera, and that camera is a stereo camera. The biggest advantage of a stereo camera is that it allows for a 3D vision of the scene and to get measurements, as they know exactly the characteristics of the cameras and the angle between the direction in which the cameras point.

Why all those great technology cameras have to be black n white, always?
When I see a nasa's picture I feel like I am in the 50's

ArMaP

Mudwlke
Anyway what gets me is how come they didn't get up close and take pictures from every side.

Because it's just a rock.

But I though thats why the rover got there, to examine the rocks,
Why is it examing the smaller debris and they have no interest at the bigger one, Even if it was a meteorite the larger piece would be the most interesting.

It is things like that (since the first apollo mission) that make me and others ''skeptics'' about nasa's true role and purpose.

On the subject, I don't believe it is anything special or extraordinary, because if it was, it wouldn't make it to our eyes!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The figure of 32 centimeters seems to be the prevailing conclusion...

Doesn't anyone wonder if that software is just plain wrong?

It sure looks like a large structure to my eyes. We can see the ground form into a sand dune in front of the object. The ground alone makes it look far away, and huge.

Looks like it could be a huge tall tower of stones, hidden by that dune.

The question of why NASA let it out, might be that when it comes to REAL anomalies... They feel obligated to release photos that are edited to make them look uninteresting. The real structure here might be a futuristic-looking tower with clear windows etc., but maybe NASA thought it best to make it look like a pile of rocks and release it that way.

Then if the anomaly is noticed again in the future, NASA can point to this old pic and say, "Look, it's just a stone."
edit on 4-11-2013 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Dr1Akula
Why all those great technology cameras have to be black n white, always?
When I see a nasa's picture I feel like I am in the 50's

WormwoodSquirm
Why is this a black and white photo? I am so sick of seeing black and white photos of Mars when I can get magazine quality photos with a damn $1000 Canon?

Because most science cams shoot through filters.

90 percent of the stuff on Curiosity is not to take pretty pictures but to do actual science. Your $1000 Canon, nice as it is to photograph stuff in your life is mostly useless in a science context on Mars.
edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

rocktsar Rock or
not I think they should have gotten a closer inspection just for the mere fact that it is anomalous and interesting.

Its not anomalous or interesting to the science team. They have likely seen similar before.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

new_here

breadinspector
The ancient indian vedic texts say that all planets have life.

That too me definitely looks like a hut, and it looks like NASA slipped up, an image like this would usually be doctored to hide anything that looks like there is life on other planets.

Wonder why they leet this sleep thru, reminds me of the JPL incident where they forgot to color retouch mars's sky and it looked its original baby blue like earth as it should before NASA edits the photos.

There aren't 40 planets in our solar system. Did you mean galaxy? I don't mean to be condescending. Just asking for clarification...

The amount of planets with a P, are at 40 to factual ammounts, the liars at NAZA and the government have you believe there are only 9, however the sheeple and the gullible believe the govt lies.
edit on 11-4-2013 by breadinspector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

JadeStar

breadinspector

nah mate fraid your wrong theres closer to 40 planets in our solar system, not even close to 8 lol thats ridiculous those are establishment and NAZA lies.
our solar system has around 40 planets with life on each planet, ive personaly been in contact with beings from 1 planet and know of many others who have been in contact with beings from other planets in this solar system and ones out of this solar system

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join