It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Stone Hut on mars Sol 728 captured by Spirit rover ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its obvious the one in the foreground is the stone hut so the one in the distance must be a mega city of huts.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

It looks like the hut built on Mars was built by the same guy or company that built the hut in Spain. Sort of like a chain like McDonald's or Pizza Hut's.

Anyway what gets me is how come they didn't get up close and take pictures from every side. Why is it that when they show pictures of all these discoveries that they are so far away that you can't make out exactly what your looking at or it's out of focus ? I mean what's the point of trying to hide something if they wanted to hide something why even bother to show a picture of anything at all ?
The only thing that kind of makes any sense is that he/they are trying to put up some sort of hoax which is kind of ridiculous as well. So like what is it ? They want to show us some picture but don't want us to see exactly what it is and want us to just believe what they say it is ? That's kind of crazy too. Just saying..

Oh! yeah and they want you to think this was some kind of alien structure ? I mean they are supposed to be way more technologically advanced than we are right? So is this the best they can do ? So that's why I would call this one a phony

edit on 11/3/2013 by Mudwlke because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/2013 by Mudwlke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sorry to debunk this one but that is clearly Marouane Fellaini hiding from his terrible form.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm thinking that it must be really cool to build a house on the side of a hill, so everything inside rolls or slides to the lower edge.
I would think if they were smart, maybe they would build on a flat surface?
It really doesn't seem to me that the neighboring apartments were confining him to that space.

snrRog

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

tjack
To me, this one's all about scale.

You're right.

This photo comes from the rover's panoramic camera, and that camera is a stereo camera. The biggest advantage of a stereo camera is that it allows for a 3D vision of the scene and to get measurements, as they know exactly the characteristics of the cameras and the angle between the direction in which the cameras point.

Based on that, Clark Andersen made AlgorimancerPG, a program that, when using stereo images from the Mars rovers, shows what distance two points we choose in the left and right image are and the pixel size at that distance.

In the case of this photo and of the "stone hut", it says that the "hut" is at a distance of 14.6 metres from the camera and the pixel size at that distance is 4 millimetres.

With that pixel size, the "hut" (80 pixels wide) measures some 32 centimetres.

PS: it looks like the AlgorimancerPG site is not working.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Mudwlke
Anyway what gets me is how come they didn't get up close and take pictures from every side.

Because it's just a rock.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It would be interesting to see an orbiter picture of this area to observe the remaining underneath structure this is sitting upon. Unless its believed to be sitting on top the MARS surface. Also the cave pics would be nice as well

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is the first image where it actually is just rocks for once but the arrangement definitely doesn't seem natural.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
Its obvious the one in the foreground is the stone hut so the one in the distance must be a mega city of huts.

geez...c'mon people...here's the page...just check the different photos taken and see that it is a rock...(rolls eyes)
marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A bunch of dodgy pixels? It's definitely a strange formation if it's real. I'd love it to be a an ET cantina.

It also looks like one those burial mounds..

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

In the case of this photo and of the "stone hut", it says that the "hut" is at a distance of 14.6 metres from the camera and the pixel size at that distance is 4 millimetres.

With that pixel size, the "hut" (80 pixels wide) measures some 32 centimetres.

32 centimeters?!?

Well that actually answers the question in my post as to what NASA had to say about this pic. I'm sure they said nothing...as there's nothing to say about a 32 centimeter size rock.

I actually believe there are probably some things to be found on MARS and I love looking at the hi-res rover & orbiter pics. Just for the sheer beauty and also to hopefully spot something that would provide incontrovertible proof that "something" was there at some point in time.

But you have to use some common sense and laugh at yourself from time to time when appropriate otherwise you're just a...well...nut. Or to be kind - a close-minded alien-o-phile.

Thanks for the info and for the chuckle...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Empte
This is the first image where it actually is just rocks for once but the arrangement definitely doesn't seem natural.

No arrangement, the "hut" is just one rock.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

WOW. And check out the fossils too!

Some kind of fish?

[Kidding]

edit on 3/11/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

soficrow

WOW. And check out the fossils too!

Some kind of fish?

[Kidding]

edit on 3/11/13 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

A fish, or tyre tracks?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PredatorX

Glad to see you're awake.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PredatorX

Or swamp gas :O

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Looks photo shopped to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Well.. its taken directly from NASA´s archive ( as I linked to in my OP ) ..
So why would you think NASA would photoshop a hut into the picture

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Spacespider

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

WHY DOES NO ONE PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THESE PICTURES OF TREES, LAKES, FORESTS, RIVERBEDS, AND DELTAS ON MARS!!!!!??????

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Xterrain
WHY DOES NO ONE PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THESE PICTURES OF TREES, LAKES, FORESTS, RIVERBEDS, AND DELTAS ON MARS!!!!!??????

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

BECAUSE THOSE ARE NOT TREES, LAKES, FORESTS OR RIVERBEDS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join