It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Stone Hut on mars Sol 728 captured by Spirit rover ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

I'm positive this was formerly a Pizza Hut.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
wow...idk, it does have a very similar look to the other rock with all the holes, but it def looks alot bigger and almost structural as well...idk, im gonna have to sit the fence on this one

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Alien Sasquatch proof bump.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

On page 3 (iirc) ArMap demonstrated that this feature is @32 cm across, and this is repeated on page 7.

ETA - i quote:

This photo comes from the rover's panoramic camera, and that camera is a stereo camera. The biggest advantage of a stereo camera is that it allows for a 3D vision of the scene and to get measurements, as they know exactly the characteristics of the cameras and the angle between the direction in which the cameras point.

Based on that, Clark Andersen made AlgorimancerPG, a program that, when using stereo images from the Mars rovers, shows what distance two points we choose in the left and right image are and the pixel size at that distance.

In the case of this photo and of the "stone hut", it says that the "hut" is at a distance of 14.6 metres from the camera and the pixel size at that distance is 4 millimetres.

With that pixel size, the "hut" (80 pixels wide) measures some 32 centimetres.

edit on 5-11-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Perforated rock formation. The camera was low to the ground and gives the impression the anomalous rock is farther but it was already concluded that it was only a few centimeters in length. Would have been cool to find an alien stone hut, but unfortunately its just another Mars rock.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

breadinspector
youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc.

I guess that reddish dot I've been seeing with my own two eyes in the night sky for my whole life isn't the real planet, then.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

ArMaP

JohnnySasaki
That being said, I think most of us have known for a while that NASA doctors the color of their photo's to make them look more inhospitable, so anything's possible I guess.

That doesn't happen with greyscale images, but people still complain about them.

And unfortunately most people are stupid. I wasn't referring to this image btw.

That brings me to my next question. It's 2013, so why are we still taking grey scale images again? I'm not necessarily implying a grey scale conspiracy, I'm just a little ignorant I guess.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Chamberf=6
reply to post by breadinspector

Mate, theres mirrors in space that black the true form of the planets out of sight, youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc.
Evidence is wrong.

"True form"? Are these mirrors from a carnival fun house?

How are these "mirrors" "held" in place? Are they in orbit around them in perfect synchronization with Earth's view? Oh wait, we've sent spacecraft to study the planets multiple times from multiple angles...

Do these "mirrors" completely envelope these planets as spheres?

Why are they there?

You mention evidence, what's yours?

The same people who sent spacecraft into space put the mirrors up there.
The US government has been travelling to space long before the 1960s, the black projects got a hold of the vimanika shastra and used the text to design spacecraft and this was done before most "astronmers" were even able to use their modern telescopes to see the planets.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by lacrimaererum

We might get some more truth about mars when the Indian craft arrives.

Hopefully we will learn how much if any Methane there is in the Martian atmosphere as that's one of the main instruments on India's Mars Orbiter , other than that I wouldn't get your hopes up .

Mate, theres mirrors in space that black the true form of the planets out of sight, .

And of course you have a link to show that these "mirrors in space" exist .

youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc. Evidence is wrong

That is the real planet Mars you can deny it all you like but until you provide evidence to show otherwise you're just talking through your hat .

edit on 5-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

The indian space agency is controlled by the illuminati just like NASA dont expect any truth from them.
The evidence is on a godlikeproductions thread started by john lear. but they mention some of it in this video.

[SNIP]
edit on 11/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--No Plane Theory are persona non grata on ATS.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that John Lear is a nut job. Just because he may or may not have flown drugs for the CIA back in the day doesn't mean he has any clue as to what he's talking about. In fact, I'd be willing to bet he's a CIA disinfo agent spewing a whole host of ludicrous stories to discredit any of the real whistle blowers.

Why they would have went to all the trouble to use holographic planes on 9/11, when they could have very easily used real ones, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Must have been holographic plane shaped holes in the buildings, and holographic plane debris too right?

What's more, what the hell is a mirror going to do to disguise a planet? All you're going to see is a reflection of earth out there, which would be detrimental to their "plan".

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

breadinspector

[Snip]

Surely, you speak in jest. There is no way anyone with a basic understanding of science past the 6th grade level truly believes that. These holographic projectors....how on earth are they able to fool spectrometer readings used by independent scientists, universities and astronomers who are studying the composition of these stars, planets and galaxies? How about the observable radiation field behind the viewable universe? Surely, the instrumentation and satellites used for this must be faulty.

Look guy, if you take what someone like John Lear says seriously, you are hopeless and need to reexamine your understanding of fundamental physics.
edit on 11/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed T&C violating quote.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalRazor

obviously, you're right. but you are chasing a lost cause with this one.

ETA: but i gave you a star for trying

edit on 5-11-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If there was pic where you could see a door I would be inclined to think that, just maybe, it was a hut.

At the moment I would hazard a guess that it is just a rock, albeit a "funny" looking rock.

It is very interesting, though, so thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

breadinspector

Chamberf=6

Mate, theres mirrors in space that black the true form of the planets out of sight, youve never seen the real planet mars, venus etc.
Evidence is wrong.

"True form"? Are these mirrors from a carnival fun house?

How are these "mirrors" "held" in place? Are they in orbit around them in perfect synchronization with Earth's view? Oh wait, we've sent spacecraft to study the planets multiple times from multiple angles...

Do these "mirrors" completely envelope these planets as spheres?

Why are they there?

You mention evidence, what's yours?

The same people who sent spacecraft into space put the mirrors up there.
The US government has been travelling to space long before the 1960s, the black projects got a hold of the vimanika shastra and used the text to design spacecraft and this was done before most "astronmers" were even able to use their modern telescopes to see the planets.

This right here. This is the sort of ridiculous lunacy that has come to destroy this site over the past two years. I mean, really?! They put mirrors in space before anyone could see the planets with telescopes? Do you honestly not see how completely ridiculous that notion is?!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Didn't you know we are all brains in vats and don't know #e from shinola?

It would be pretty funny if some evil cabal spent their lives screwing with the "sheep" and all we thought we knew about physics and our odd universe was, in fact, a poorly produced stage production... and while we're at it, it would be funny if some arbitrary religious cult were on the money about reality, too...

But then again... we could be totally bamboozled... I, like most folks, just chose to have some concrete concept on which to build my understanding of reality.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow these threads about supposed alien objects on Mars are pure pareidolia and nothing but pareidolia and the fact people keep this on the homepage time and time again by flagging just annoys me.

No its not a stone hut. Seriously how can anyone, really anyone not see its clearly just a rock made of the same gravel type of rock as the one in the front of the picture. Hell if youve ever been near a vulcano or hiking through mountains, and see how many different rocks there are you would know these exact TYPE of rocks can be found on earth.

Whats the difference between the rock and the supposed hut? The supposed hut is less sharp, so people who have an obsession to find alien life on Mars see all kinds of stuff they want to see. It is not there, not in this photo and not in the 100s of others posted on this site, NONE.

I would love to find alien life on Mars, but for the love of god, stop making these threads unless its absolutely 100% clear it has to be something crafted or something that lived. And this absolutely 100% is not at all. Not even close.

PS. I try not to click on these but they keep turning up, each as bad as the other 100s. Stop this paradoleia madness please.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

JohnnySasaki
That brings me to my next question. It's 2013, so why are we still taking grey scale images again? I'm not necessarily implying a grey scale conspiracy, I'm just a little ignorant I guess.

Some times not having colours is better, I suppose that's why many surveillance cameras are greyscale.

In this case, the cameras are greyscale because they are used to take photos for specific wavelengths. The panoramic camera, the one that took the photo from the OP, has 8 filters (the other camera, similar to this one, used to make stereo images, also has 8 filters, but for different wavelengths) and the one used in this photo was filter 1, a 430 nm filter that corresponds to violet light (if I'm not mistaken).

Just by changing the filter they can see how things look in any colour or in several different infrared wavelengths, and different minerals are known to look different when seen with ultraviolet or infrared light.

PS: don't forget that, although we are in 2013, this particular rover was sent to Mars in 2003 (I think) and planned years before that, so we are looking at technology that is more than 10 years old, besides the fact that, as usual, they do not use the most recent technology in space missions, they prefer older technology that is well known and has proved to be efficient.

PPS: the image name tells us what filter was used, in this case the "R1" near the end of the file name mean that the image is from the right camera, filter 1.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I said more than once that this camera is one of two to make stereo images, so here's a stereo panorama taken with that camera and the left side camera.

I hope it helps.

(click for full size)

(red/blue glasses needed, sorry)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

ArMaP.

Gotcha. I appreciate the response.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
After reflecting on the original photo for 2 days, I believe that this is actually a giant boulder that was hurled out of a volcano, perhaps many miles away, thousands of years ago. The wind has eroded away the looser, lighter material, leaving behind what we see today. Does this sound plausible?
-cwm

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join