It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Religious Opposition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Hope for one. Its not a challenge to find God when everyone knows him. How can he lead you down paths you knew not, If the world believed one thing? I would think God believes in constructive criticism. But it all leads back to ONE thing. His laws and commandments that are only found in ONE place.

edit on 3-11-2013 by jyajoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just found this a few minutes ago. It expresses my feelings quite eloquently.

Dependence is a poison. I don't respect any system that relies on encouraging its adherents to eat out of its hand.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Dependence is a poison. I don't respect any system that relies on encouraging its adherents to eat out of its hand.

dependence is not necessarily a poison. the generalizations you state contradicts some aspects of life as a human as we know it. aren't you dependent on the current system for your livelihood or your well-being? we are all dependent on some system in one way or another to continue to sustain us on this earthly plane of existence.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tomoe723

dependence is not necessarily a poison. the generalizations you state contradicts some aspects of life as a human as we know it. aren't you dependent on the current system for your livelihood or your well-being? we are all dependent on some system in one way or another to continue to sustain us on this earthly plane of existence.

I'm talking about emotional dependence.

edit on 4-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by tomoe723

I'm talking about emotional dependence.

edit on 4-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

then perhaps your image above is inappropriate... but even so with emotional dependence... unless you live alone on an island devoid of any human contact, you are still dependent emotionally on say your friends, relatives, or society at large...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Christians may be frightened to death they are wrong, atheist may be frightened to death that they are wrong, both having a need to be right then, both fighting hard to affirm that, people don't always tell you how they really feel, they may look good on the surface but underneathe is a world of differences and conflicts that they wish they did not have, beliefs even they wish they did not have yet they do, You cannot make yourself believe anything if you tell yourself it isn't possible no matter how hard you try.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

tomoe723
interesting thread...

what i don't like is the sarcasm of an atheist and the sanctimony/hypocrisy of a believer...
both are the same idiots who think they know better than the rest.

Yes good thread.
But knowing the Truth and telling people about it,
is not hypocrisy.
BTW do you not Believe in Jesus?
For Jesus Said : Even those that will come to Believe on Me,
Shall be Saved
The "truth" you speak of is only from your point of view because THAT is your religion. Your religion says it is true, so it is true to you.

My truth is different. What I believe to be true is totally different to you.

Who has the right truth?

No one can say with 100% certainty.

You believe your truth based on faith, I believe my truth by questioning.

In the spirit of the thread (understanding the point of view of the non-believer) I respect your faith, I respect what you believe to be true, I don't preach my point of view or look to convert anyone BUT when religious types attack me for my belief I will regrettably fight back to defend my point of view.

My point of view and belief is just as solid and unshakable as yours, it is also just as 100% valid as yours.

So why preach at all?

Live and let live.

Disclaimer: I use the words "your" and "you" to mean religious people as a whole, no paticular individual.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Faith is so powerful its almost like the World and Universe bends to your belief.

Faith is a moral anchor in the Universe kinda...

-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

If you are without Faith you stand on Sand!! Your world can be easily washed out beneath you.

Listen to the Language of Faith:

Theodore Parker
I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice.

He cannot calculate the Curve?? How did he know space was even curved in the 1800's??

Was it just blind faith he said this?

Martin Luther King Jr. later paraphrased him in speeches.

-Martin Luther King Jr.
“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.”

The strongest minds have always leaned on their Faith. Not all the time publicly, but when they are alone with their demons they are praying for clarity!!

-Albert Einstein
“God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”

You have the ability to tell the difference between right and wrong for a reason. Its a survival sense given as a choice of free will.

Does an impulsive Dog know he does wrong if you don't teach him its wrong?? The Domestication process... Humans were domesticated...for a higher purpose!!

Do you want to be more than a Dog??

Then let your conscience be your guide!

Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket - Always Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZzNOkcEgM
www.youtube.com...

They taught us young we only had 5 senses, furthest thing from the truth. I wonder why it was so important to do that to children....

In this frame of thought, the Universe feels more like a test or Simulation more and more and directly becomes a holographic, electric or even living Universe or Multi-verse!!

Holographic at its lowest level, still being Electric. Living or an alive Universe/multi-verse at its highest level.

Imagine if the Universe is rendered around you like you are in a video game...You would never know the difference...

The Matrix Explained....and The Choice.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=frxvwSrertY
www.youtube.com...

I see you chose the red one...

"The Matrix" (1999) -- 'Construct' Scenes
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGZiLMGdCE0
www.youtube.com...

The cosmic game:

-Albert Einstein
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

edit on 5-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Faith is so powerful its almost like the World and Universe bends to your belief.

And this is considered rational in some circles. Terrifying.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Did Martin Luther King Jr. not bend the Universe towards his Faith??

What about Joan of Arc??

No Joan of Arc, No USA!!

what do they call that....oh..

Manifest Destiny Wikipedia Reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

He changed a few million people. Not the whole universe. There's a difference. Not to degrade what he did...it was a monumental feat with a devastating price for him and hundreds of others like him. His victory was a true hero's victory. But he didn't bend the universe.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I like how you never addressed Joan of Arc...

At least read the green text:

Acts 17 NIV

In Athens

16 While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

"Understanding Religious Opposition" ...Hmmmm
edit on 5-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Quoting Bible passages is about as useful as me presenting you with letters from Santa....

Read this next line CAREFULLY...

We DO NOT BELIEVE in your God or your religion!!

(got it?)

No, I didn't think so *sigh*

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I like how your precious scripture didn't exactly address the Joan of Arc either. It means you have no defense for your claim that she "bent the universe". No, she did approximately the same thing Martin did.

Stop throwing strawmen at me, I'm running out of garbage bins.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OP is telling skeptics to not question?

Lets not doubt anything(oh damn but we are on a conspiracy site)....

Its like OP telling people, they want to be ignorant and other should not interfere.

Deny Ignorance indeed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Man, that is awesome, it seems you know God's Gender.. its a "He"!??? what does he likes to do in the weekends? any info on that? who tells you these things?

World is more than Abrahamic religion....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
All the Greatest minds are Believers in God!!

Great Minds think alike!!

Chris Langan highlights
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HXSHXUtFw
www.youtube.com...

I strongly disagree with Chris's Eugenics stance. He is heading the direction of Demolition Man Movie. If women were taught that a mans sperm can penetrate their brain cells and re-write or over-write existing DNA. They would slow down a bit...

Atheist wannabe's whine a lot!

You don't question, you don't read...

You see a Bible you whine.

You see the word "God", you whine!!

You can never, ever in your life say, "Oh my God!". If you do, you will be giving into the designed reflex of pleaing with your maker.

Wannabe Atheists are holding Society back!!

Wannabe Atheists have scientists scared to talk about the truth!!

The truth....

edit on 7-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

1 Timothy KJV

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Is this not true??

2 Timothy 4 KJV

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

edit on 7-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

All the Greatest minds are Believers in God!!

Einstein rebuked your god in no unclear terms, and rebuked the systems which were based upon such a being.

. . . I came—though the child of entirely irreligious (Jewish) parents—to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of freethinking coupled with the impression that youth is intentionally being deceived by the state through lies; it was a crushing impression. Mistrust of every kind of authority grew out of this experience, a skeptical attitude toward the convictions that were alive in any specific social environment—an attitude that has never again left me, even though, later on, it has been tempered by a better insight into the causal connections. It is quite clear to me that the religious paradise of youth, which was thus lost, was a first attempt to free myself from the chains of the 'merely personal,' from an existence dominated by wishes, hopes, and primitive feelings. Out yonder there was this huge world, which exists independently of us human beings and which stands before us like a great, eternal riddle, at least partially accessible to our inspection and thinking. The contemplation of this world beckoned as a liberation, and I soon noticed that many a man whom I had learned to esteem and to admire had found inner freedom and security in its pursuit. The mental grasp of this extra-personal world within the frame of our capabilities presented itself to my mind, half consciously, half unconsciously, as a supreme goal. Similarly motivated men of the present and of the past, as well as the insights they had achieved, were the friends who could not be lost. The road to this paradise was not as comfortable and alluring as the road to the religious paradise; but it has shown itself reliable, and I have never regretted having chosen it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The truth here is simple, Able: you see what you want to see. No more, no less.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Dude, we been through this already in another thread!!

You ready to get slammed again??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join