It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Political Party Formed - Democrians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Plotus
We need to elect somebody who is not some spastic weirdo or gay or lez or black or woman or....what the heck ever unusual clown entertainment, we need TRUE LEADERSHIP, not curiosities..
edit on 5-11-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

You left out Hispanic, Asian and Jew.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Both republicans and democrats are terrible...

Let's please not combine them...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I suggest calling it PC or Progressive Conservative, sounds better, and splits the middle in the same way.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

pauljs75
I don't know about everybody being able to vote on stuff via the net. That might be hard to implement with bulletproof security that can't be gamed or otherwise hacked.

im not talking internet, im talking about building a secured seperate network.
not accessible from the internet, but like a second "internet" however, this would be designed to not allow outside devices to connect and be geared for security. another member here suggested open source software that can be checked for hacks by all. i thought that was brilliant.

But what I'd really like that could or should be implemented is a party which has a fully open doctrine in regards to representative government. A party with a policy that completely forbids closed door meetings. All proceedings, activities, and documentation are public. People can listen in on phonecalls, see scans of letters and postcards, read emails, everything. No waiting to see these things years later or trying to use FOIA, this kind of thing would be done as close to real-time as possible.

so you are going to keep paying the same people, to run the same system, that they have already learned how to game. its clear they have it worked out, as all westernised democracies do the same things.
im in australia and i can assure you teh left rigth paradigm is rife here. it divides us all. as long as teh current system is propped up we will be forever subjected to the inequality and corruption
you are right about openess, but by removing power fromt he central government and redistributing it down to teh indvidual and the local state/city/prefecture kind of level we can monitor things more clearly.

I'd even allow lobbying as it currently exists, but keep in mind that all the voting public are going to see your lobbying effort streamed on webcam and recorded for posterity when dealing with any office holders under this party. Attempts at dirty dealings or other activity not in the public intrest would be available for public scrutiny and discourse right from the very beginning. Sure beats waiting until some 50 page bill with obsfucating legalise gets put up for proposal, at which point having a clear discussion about it might be too late.

they will find another way to get around that. they have been playing this democracy for hundreds of years. i keep saying they, i guess i shoudl clarify, i mean old networks of power and money, as aopposed to any specific nefarious groups.
its already lost. they usurped all democracies years ago.
i think, we need a new system, and i think we can use the internet to come together and design something. we finally have all the power of the collective human brains to design something that is fair and balanced.

Also keep in mind that running for office under this party might be difficult for most people. You pretty much have to agree to give up your own privacy and make all your activity (even personal things) public in order to get its support. When you're doing your job as a representative with this team, you do so knowing that everyone and anyone is watching and listening 24-7.

we shouldnt have to watch over, who has time for that. are we supposed to pay someone with government money to do that? if you cant trust the people who ruyn the system, get rid of them.
the system has been changed so much for all of us world wide, that its nearly impossible to tweak the system back to make it fair.
in iceland they ejected thier entire parliament. they have as i understand it, institued a form of direct democracy. its not impossible, i just think if thats a consideration we shoudl also consider redesigning the whole system to see if somethign better can be done.

we are all looking to get fairness, to rebalance the scales. let make sure the scale isnt also part of the problem

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

TheMistro81
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Destruction of the system? Really? Its pretty simple really... enforce the laws we have concerning our politicians...

Put a stop to the lobbyists, its a bribe, plain and simple. If needed make new laws and enforce them, to keep our reps accountable for their actions. That is the biggest problem with the system. They get away with things that the rest of the citizens would be thrown in prison for...

As per the op... I don't see this idea doing any good. Anyone in authority will abuse their authority every chance they get. So making a new party would be the same old crap.

Who do u intend to get to risk their lives enforcing the laws?
As long as power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
then there will never be any accountability! Also if the
representatives are corrupted then who is going to make the new
laws to keep them honest? One more thing nothing is simple!
The only way we will ever have change is by taking away
those incentives which create corruption in the first place!
This is why our whole system needs to be revamped!
Tear it down and create a new system where transparency is apparent!
Incentives to help each other are all that exist and integrity is held
to the highest ethical standards! This is the only way to create balance
with nature and each other!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

nosacrificenofreedom

Who do u intend to get to risk their lives enforcing the laws?
As long as power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely
then there will never be any accountability! Also if the
representatives are corrupted then who is going to make the new
laws to keep them honest? One more thing nothing is simple!
The only way we will ever have change is by taking away
those incentives which create corruption in the first place!
This is why our whole system needs to be revamped!
Tear it down and create a new system where transparency is apparent!
Incentives to help each other are all that exist and integrity is held
to the highest ethical standards! This is the only way to create balance
with nature and each other!

it really is the only way. do you keep patching up a leaky boat, until there is more patch than boat?
or do you stop, and make major changes to try to stop the leaks for good?

i think the idea of the current system is fatigue. keep us all moving so fast we cant keep up. then we only think we have time to try to make changes to what we have rather than even consider to replace it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You basically described the Libertarian party.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I agree with you. I'm not sure why you replied to me with that... but ok :-)

Good post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join