It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backlash emerges at parents who allowed child to dress as Klansman for Halloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

A Craigsville, Va., woman’s nonchalant reaction has sparked additional outrage after she allowed her 7-year-old son to dress for Halloween in the robes of a Ku Klux Klan member.

www.rawstory.com...

7 years old.. The mom says there is nothing wrong with it.

"there’s nothing wrong with the costume or the Ku Klux Klan. “It’s suppose to be white with white. Black with black. Man with woman and all of that.”

Why would you want to teach your child to hate at 7 years old. I'm sure next year he will go as Hitler and mom wont think there is anything wrong with that either.

Some people have no business raising children and she's at the top of the list imo.

edit on 3-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That was in such poor taste and ignorant of the damned parents.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Night Star
That was in such poor taste and ignorant of the damned parents.

about as bad as a kids Halloween costume gets .. Like you said just poor taste and ignorance..

almost as bad as this costume

edit on 3-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
He's going to have a hell of a time dealing with a certain ethnic community at school for the next few months lol. Sometimes learning the hard way is the only way some people learn.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I am all for satire but i would be afraid for my childs safety
if he went out in this. This is just a bad idea, have they never
seen south park? If your child is mirroring something Eric Cartman
did, then well i just cant assume you thought it through very
well.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can't believe I read that. I did though. She really said that. There is nothing wrong with the K.K.K.? ? ? White with White, Black with Black?????

Has anyone bothered to tell her, the war ended in 1865?? Segregation and Racism as an institutional device pretty well died with the 1960's and into the 70s??

I won't even ask what her opinion might be of our President in those terms. Half White and Half Black. There may be laws against her answer to that one.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This should be considered child abuse! The social issues this mother is forcing her child to have will prevent this kid from ever leading any kind normal life.

Im all for free speech and having your own opinion. If this lady wants to have those kind of thoughts then more power to her, but to force this way of thinking on a child? Mental abuse like this creates adults who cant function in society, and the person responsible has no business being around children period.

On top of what i would consider mental abuse, she also put this kid in harms way by allowing him out in public dressed as one of the most hated figures in history.

I have no patience for anyone who would harm a child, mentally or physically.

DC

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I can't believe I read that. I did though. She really said that. There is nothing wrong with the K.K.K.? ? ? White with White, Black with Black?????

Has anyone bothered to tell her, the war ended in 1865?? Segregation and Racism as an institutional device pretty well died with the 1960's and into the 70s??

I won't even ask what her opinion might be of our President in those terms. Half White and Half Black. There may be laws against her answer to that one.

Yea well... he was following your president... just not that one. You know... Truman.

edit on 3-11-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, school should be a blast for him this week.

She has assured her son harassment at school from students, teachers, and possibly even other parents. As disgusting as this is... that part is most disgusting because he (by age alone) couldn't make the choice on his own. She made it without thought and without care of what the possible repercussions could be for him. I am sure she's bad arse (sarcasm) enough to handle her own business... but he will be alone to deal with it for most of his waking day. Selfish ignorance.

Hopefully when he grows up he will rise above his raising and not continue such a sick cycle of thinking.
edit on 11/3/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Lolololol...that is the silliest thing i have read. Good lord the ignorance and audacity of that mother. Yes we do have free speech but that is taking it a bit far.

new topics

top topics

join