It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Not a Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Note: You may move this wherever you like because I have no idea where to put this...

I wish I was a conspiracy theorist so that I could post well thought out posts on conspiracy forum threads. Certain forums are easy and lose their magic easily (for example: Secret Societies). But there are some really interesting forums like Deconstructing Disinformation. I was just reading a thread that I thought was interesting, I wanted to jump in and then I realize... I have absolutely nothing to add to this conversation. I mean, if I would have gotten in on that one it would've been pretty embarrassing. I would've had my a** handed to me.

I really do appreciate my esoteric knowledge that I'm able to contribute, but there are some really interesting conversations going on in certain conspiracy forums. I know that this makes me sound like some kind of ATS poster boy, but it's just how I feel right now. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

If you have very little to add to a discussion, you are in the right place!

Take a look at some of the ridiculous contributions in some of the most fantastic threads.

If I were you, I guess I would just enjoy reading and chime in if you have something to say. Try not to feel left out if you don't have much to add.

Or do like some around here and just jibber-jabber about any old thing that comes to your mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It is entertainment at best.

You can't deny that.

Welcome to the forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Wow, thanks for the advice. I guess I'm not as introverted as some (on Myers-Briggs my Introvertedness is 11%) but I am still introverted enough to weigh what I am going to say heavily. But I will try to realize that no one's going to judge me, and that I can say whatever I want (I just have to close my eyes after I do it like some big baby; JK). But thanks for giving me that much needed encouragement, and I really like your background image.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well, if you relly looked at it, some of the biggest conspiracy theories are completely without any substance. It's what makes them so great. You just have to know the know, you know..

Like I've met people who tell me all about charles manson, 9/11, the moon landings.. oh they're 'in on the know' because they're in agreement that these things are all cover ups.

But if pushed to answer why? They ramble on incoherently linking one thing to another without any thought for rational. Logic is an obscure resource to them. But they know, you know...

And if you don't know, then you're a sheep. and doomed to ridicule and scorn, because you should know, once you've been told, and if you don't know after that, well.. you know.. you're one of them..

And if you're like me and demand substance to an allegation rather than illogical leaps of confusion, then man.. you cop it thick..

I was a conspiracy theorist when I was young and naive. When I used to ponder the existance of god, or how best to tell people that UFO's were definitely visiting us.

But I've grown more steady in what thoughts I put trust in. I no longer leap around fanciful ideas and try to make them work. I no longer break the puzzle to fit the wrong picture.

But when I'm wrong I admit it. And I come across as a prick at times. If people don't get that about me by now, they should.. or they will. or they'll be my nemisis till the ends of the earth when we do battle, me on the side of all things tangible and holding on to the steady ground, as they skip along the rainbow of confusion and throw illogical arguments at me, which disintegrate apon the shield of *raspberries* I produce.

A well thought out and described conspiracy may exist. But only to a select few, and they've most likely long since given up the game when all they see are rainbow sprinkler ladies, chemtrail planers, sun ufo goobers and martian rat men...

There are strange things in this reality. Very very strange. but not everything is a conspiracy, and sometimes even the bogeyman can be scared too!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
Or do like some around here and just jibber-jabber about any old thing that comes to your mind.

Ooooh poor ol' jibby got the squiggles.

Oops.. must not talk about the deceased.

edit on 2-11-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well, this one that I'm talking about (at least to a novice) was well thought out and well described. It was like watching a bunch of well-oiled machines (that's one of my favorite descriptive terms when I feel that somebody is really good at what they do, by the way). And I didn't want to f** with it; I just wanted to let them do their thing. Hahaha. It was wonderful...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you have absolutely nothing to add then yeah, just read on. However opinions and simple points of view can add to the value of a thread IMO. Jokes not so much. While I think my sense of humor is fine sometimes ATS is a tough crowd in that regard.

Disinfo forum, ha! Try jumping into the Military Weapons forum sometime. I still have some teeth marks from my last visit.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

My idol. Your thread is the one that impressed me...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Don't take it so serious. This is an open forum.

Post as if you are having a discussion - you may find out that criticism is good for the soul.

....but when you know you are right - game on - stretch those neurons and enjoy a combative discussion.

Never take any of this to heart - this is just quality entertainment designed to spark an interest.

(The fat/bald cat avatar guy is usually right, but it is fun as heck to state otherwise
)
edit on 3-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: smily error 1

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Just become a shill. I can give you a posting manual and consistent pay check, suddenly, online life will be a dream come true.

Nevermind… I just reread the t&c's.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on 3-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
I wanted to jump in and then I realize... I have absolutely nothing to add to this conversation.

You could do what a lot of ATS users do:

1. Start posting about your own favorite topic
eg. "... and this only goes to prove the electric universe theory"
eg. "... and thats because he drank water from the tap, laced with deadly fluoride!"

or
2. Postulate a completely wacky link to something irrelevent
eg. "Could this arrest be related to all those comets in the sky right now? The shooter was influenced by Nibiru, right?"
eg. "Is that political corruption because of the solar flares I was reading about yesterday?"

edit on 3-11-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Or you could do what I do and try to illustrate absurdity by showing absurdity (check out my thread titled "I kill babies and bathe in virgins' blood... In Secret Societies forum, no less... Lol)

On a more conversational note, by definition a conspiracy theorist has no room for falsification. Any evidence that is contrary to their belief is considered tainted, irrelevant, or planted. What normal, critical thinking adult would want to be that special kind of irrational?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I felt like I was becoming an unofficial shill for this website when I was talking about how great certain forums were. Hahaha. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well, what I realize is that there's a forum for pretty much anything... Music, art, you name it. Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I also think that that is much too black and white for my thinking as well. But it definitely does look interesting when they start presenting their arguments. Thanks, and I really like your avatar.

new topics

top topics

join