It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First image emerges of LAX shooter’s AR-15 rifle, raising disturbing questions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
As per a reporter AR stands for assault rifle and had never heard of Armalite Rifle as what AR for.

People in calif can not buy assault rifles but there are many gang banger that leave the state and move to states where you can get assault rifles.
Plus many gangs like the Crips and Bloods have gang members across the US.

They will ship guns back to calif to make money.

I am waiting to hear if the gun from the airport shooting still has a SN# that can be traced back to the seller.
My guess is that we will never be told and that leaves a government coverup and the chance that it was a gun given to a known unstable person to cause a shooting.

The thing i find strange is the cops had a drill at the airport on just that kind of shooting two weeks before.

Its like they knew that it would happen.
Maybe because they supplied the gun.

The other thing is the rifle looked like a mini 14 and many believed it was.
Now a mini 14 is a lot easier to get and add a mini 14 tactical stock.
wpmedia.fullcomment.nationalpost.com...

was it a mini 14 and did the cops misidentify the gun on purpose because it you can still get ARs with bullet buttons that the state wants banned.
edit on 3-11-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

As per a reporter AR stands for assault rifle and had never heard of Armalite Rifle as what AR for.

maybe this will help.

The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a small arms rifle for the United States armed forces.[8] Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. After modifications (most notably the relocation of the charging handle from under the carrying handle like the AR-10 to the rear of the receiver), the new redesigned rifle was subsequently adopted as the M16 rifle.[9] Colt then started selling the semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle as the Colt AR-15 for civilian sales in 1963 and the term has been used to refer to semiautomatic-only versions of the rifle since then.[10] Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are independently made, modified and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.

. The "AR" in all AR pattern rifles stands for Armalite Rifle[12],

above are from this wiki.
AR-15

there is also a wiki for Armalite.
ArmaLite

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Thanks. Yep definitely a AR.

I wonder how the media missed that pic. Every story I've seen shows a grainy photo of the rifle at a distance.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't think it's all that fishy.

It's LA..... surely you can get anything you want, literally.

The real irony will be if this rifle comes up with a Fast & Furious serial number...

That would be epic, illegal gun, with several illegal features, bought illegally, from the US DOJ,
in a state with heavy anti-gun laws......

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

He got the gun on the black market, see, this shooting isn't a good situation for gun control activists.

Oh Beav... yeah maybe he purchased the gun in a police sting operation. Even worse for gun control activists.
edit on 03pmSun, 03 Nov 2013 13:15:26 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 03pmSun, 03 Nov 2013 13:15:38 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The coolest video making the rounds is the one where it shows the Harley Guy on a voice and video match with the witness Nick Pugh which NBC interviewed on the LAX affair...

I thought the Harley Guy was the most twisted part of the 911 staged event... sort of glad to see him back in the game...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-11-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

They don't sell AR-15's at walmart.
They sell the .22 caliber variant. There is a huge difference. Yes there is a waiting period for an AR-15, you have go to through a background check. You can buy the .22 right off the shelf.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Where do you live where a waiting period is defined by what TYPE of rifle it is? That's a new one on me. My state has no waiting period for any firearm, unless NICS comes back with a Delay result and then of course, it's 3 business days. If it's approved, it's cash and carry. Whether buying a .22, and AR-15 or an M-4 Automatic Weapon (Class III on that, naturally)

California has a waiting period on everything, if I recall (someone who lives there can correct me if there is some change from what I remember) and every state varies. Feds have no such requirement at all, so it's a state by state thing. Feds just demand a NICS check for any licensed dealer selling one.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Eric Holder and the US govt. Next question.

Seriously though, I askes this the other day. I was wondering how he got it there.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Great thread OP (S&F)!! I skipped over it when you posted, but I'm glad I came back after it developed. I wonder if anyone took the time to look at the comments in your source. Most sound like they're straight outta ATS.

MSM hasn't asked a lot of questions about the origin of the weapon. Understandable based on the direction of general interests. While the press did a fair job developing details of the weapons Adam Lanza had, he was dead at the end of the day and they didn't have much of anything else to focus on. It's apparent right now that MSM wants to hang this around the neck of "The Patriot Movement" if they can.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Indiana. It's like that all across the country unless you go to a gun show. You can't buy an AR-15 at a store you have to go to a gunshop and order one. Even if they have them in stock you still have to go through a background check. They don't just let anybody walk out of a gunshop with an AR-15, that would be crazy. My friend bought one this year trust me I know. He had to wait 5 days for the FBI screening to come back before he could pick up the rifle.

The guns sold at wal-mart have no requirements. You only have to be a certain age and show proof. Then the manager will carry your gun out to your car for you. Then you go do whatever you want. It's the law man. Go look it up. California and New York would be different since they are basically police states.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How long will it be until we find out he was taking antidepressants? All these shooters are taking them. Used to be these mentally unstable people were just quiet and withdrawn from society but when they take these drugs they seem to get bold and go wild. I truly believe that the antidepressant drugs are clouding the minds of these shooters and they lash out. We should ban the drugs not the guns...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It would be interesting to have the ability to run a serial number match on that weapon and see where it comes from. You never know it might be apart of the fast and furious program.....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Evanz... I've bought and sold a number of firearms over the past few years. I know the law. Thank you.

Indiana state law? I don't know. Missouri law I know intimately. Federal Law I know intimately. There isn't much and it takes just a couple pages at ATF. There IS NO distinction between types of rifles for how they are treated (for a licensed dealer) unless they are A. Collectible or B. Class III

BTW... NICS is the Federal Background check. That's what I said any gun dealer ..Walmart or a gun store..must run someone through. No store or licensed dealer, anywhere in the nation, can sell a firearm of *ANY* kind without the NICS check. That is no waiting period.

There IS no Federal Waiting period. As i said, in Missouri, I can buy a full automatic weapon w/ silencer attached and walk out the same time I pay for it ...IF i have a Class III permit (for the full automatic) and I pass the NICS with an "Approved" Status.

That is the law and I've dealt with it. Many times. I almost always get a "Delay" status so I do wait. My wife never does and never waits...and she bought me my AR-15. Cash & Carry. Easy Peazy.....at least in Missouri.

*I'll be happy to post all relevant laws in detail here tonight if needed for clarity

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You do raise some interesting points. The AR-15 is not banned in New Jersey, they just have some pretty strict rules on them. For instance, in NJ one cannot have a flash suppressor on the end of the barrel, and one cannot have more than a ten round magazine. Also, NJ doesn't allow any type of collapsible or telescoping stock.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Evanzsayz
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Indiana. It's like that all across the country unless you go to a gun show. You can't buy an AR-15 at a store you have to go to a gunshop and order one. Even if they have them in stock you still have to go through a background check. They don't just let anybody walk out of a gunshop with an AR-15, that would be crazy. My friend bought one this year trust me I know. He had to wait 5 days for the FBI screening to come back before he could pick up the rifle.

The guns sold at wal-mart have no requirements. You only have to be a certain age and show proof. Then the manager will carry your gun out to your car for you. Then you go do whatever you want. It's the law man. Go look it up. California and New York would be different since they are basically police states.

Ummmm.... here in Virginia I walked into the gun store, pointed at an AR-15 hanging on the wall and said "I'll take that one", paid for it, waited 30 minutes for my background check to clear, and went home with my new AR-15. Every once in a while you may have to wait a day or so here in Virginia, depending on the volume of background checks being processed by the State Police at that particular time, or if you buy a gun on Friday afternoon you may have to wait until Monday to pick it up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join