It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Come back with your shield or on it."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So said my wife as I trekked far off to a job interview in a far off distant land.

Well, it's been a tough 3 days, much airport time, and what wasn't airport time was meetings, meetings, meetings.

But it looks like I came back WITH my shield.

They tempered an offer.

I accepted their offer.

SO now it's all down to paperwork, moving, logistics, our pets, our vehicles, a new apartment/house, budgets, buying land, creating and fostering relationships with different departments.

I've gone corporate.

Sometimes it do suck being a grown-up, but the rewards are good.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Where ya moving to Beez? Congratulations to you!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Night Star
Where ya moving to Beez? Congratulations to you!

Thank you l'il miss.

I'll be in the lower 48, but about as far removed as I can get. I could actually go to Canada for breakfast and still get to work on time.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you'll be in a constitution free zone, not sure if that's a bonus or not, but good luck on your new employment adventure.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hope you're close enough to drive there for medical care. Enjoy your penalty tax.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by beezzer

Hope you're close enough to drive there for medical care. Enjoy your penalty tax.

Actually working for a hospital with a medical plan that has 3500/year with a 500 dollar deductible. Again, I've gone corporate, but with the directors position I have that, plus a golden parachute.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

SpaDe_
reply to post by beezzer

So you'll be in a constitution free zone, not sure if that's a bonus or not, but good luck on your new employment adventure.

Thank you. I can not foresee any issue with the government. I'd be moving to a state that didn't have Obamacare exchanges, and that had (at the moment) just 14 people sign up for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I keep forgetting it's the US CITIZENS that get the big screw job, wish I could renounce my citizenship and just sneak in from Mexico!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Glad to hear everything came out carrots, Beez. You've earned it. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by beezzer

I keep forgetting it's the US CITIZENS that get the big screw job, wish I could renounce my citizenship and just sneak in from Mexico!

It's not US citizens ( I am one) it is US citizens that are at the mercy of insurance companies and government dictates that are going to suffer, Pedro. (wink)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Klassified
Glad to hear everything came out carrots, Beez. You've earned it. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Thankee-Sai. (taps throat)

It was a result of actual sweat equity.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No abla englais senor.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by beezzer

No abla englais senor.

Disculpas. Sé lo difícil que Obamacare es para todos. Nuestro gobierno ha puesto un peso pesado sobre todos nosotros.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Congratulations! A corporate bunny no less.

The move should be a B(r)eezer for yu! Get the wife to dig the new den in the side of the hill. Only hard part is, as you say, finding the land. You will need a bit of land to grow your own carrots. Them carrots in the US glow in the dark you know, it is the GMO nasties.

I have no idea where the lower 48 states are but that does not really matter.

P

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Thanks for your post. Basically, I could throw a rock and hit Canada, or a Canadian, but in the case of the latter, I would apologise and buy beer afterwards.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Congrats Beez, great news. Good hunting looking for a new place to rest your ears. Don't envy you moving but your job sounds fantastic.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Iamschist
Congrats Beez, great news. Good hunting looking for a new place to rest your ears. Don't envy you moving but your job sounds fantastic.

I'm just looking for a place that'd match salary requirements, match geographical locations, match future prognoses

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yer gettin' a little too close to that 49th parallel, Bunny boy...

I'm gonna have to stack up more empty cases of beer along the border to keep you from crossing this-a-way.

But you'll need to buy me more beer for my "Anti-Partisan Wall of Shame" project.

So start tossing those stones...

Congrats on your new adventure !

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

CranialSponge
Yer gettin' a little too close to that 49th parallel, Bunny boy...

I'm gonna have to stack up more empty cases of beer along the border to keep you from crossing this-a-way.

But you'll need to buy me more beer for my "Anti-Partisan Wall of Shame" project.

So start tossing those stones...

Congrats on your new adventure !

You know, it is a new adventure.

We should never be too old to explore, to have an adventure.

I'm old. Ancient. Tired. Beaten down by life. Aged. Arthritic. Crippled.

Um. . . . . . . F### that.

I got the steam.

Bring it on!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Congratulations to you Beezer. I wish you great luck and much prosperity in these latter years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join