It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many laws have YOU broken today ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Like security systems in a computer, there are basically two methods of implementing them. You either ‘define’ that everything is allowed , and from thereon you start to define rules for what should be restricted and forbidden, or you ‘define’ that everything is forbidden , and from thereon you start to give permissions to certain things.

In my country they have chosen the latter. I know that the politicians in our country would like nothing more than to totally forbid everything they possibly could in order to control everybody, but they are ‘smart’, the kind of smartness that only politicians develop. They know that if they did this , that would mean accepting a totalitarian state, and thus there would always exist a risk that civil unrest sooner or later could break out. They also know that by forbidding everything, there would be no way to profit on the crimes that anyone would commit. They would have to put everybody in jail, and that would be a system that only leads to excessive expenses and waste of resources.

So they eventually have decided upon some sort of ‘in between’ solution where they somehow legalize everything ‘barely’. That is to say. They apposes so many rules, laws and regulations that they possibly can , on pretty much everything there is. In this way people are eventually doomed to break all kind of laws and regulations. Thus the multitude of governmental monitoring systems which (in my country) are pretty resourceful and clever at this, will pick these ‘crimes’ up , leaving you with a large fine and a bad conscience. Thus they can cash in on guilt.

This system has proved to function so well, that it has (as they say in my country) gone ‘sport’ in it. By that they mean that it has triggered competition. Thus there exist some kind of everlasting competition between lawmakers, bureaucrats and different governmental departments, who can come up with the most clever regulation or law that could create most profit.

It would of course be impossible for me to tell you about the multitude of those laws and regulations. They comes in thousands and thousands. Hey. We are actually talking about a detailed regulation of an entire population. Evil tongues have it that it is easier to define what is allowed and legal, than what is restricted, prohibited and limited.

It is of course getting worse every year, but always to my astonishment, people seems to adjust and quietly accept it like sheeps. Thus they are running to the poles each time there is a new election coming up asking for more. Sometimes I wonder if my people suffers by some kind of self-injury disorder. If the government would tell them to sleep on Nail mattresses they would do it without questioning.

So I have pretty much learnt that politicians basically always have three ways of dealing with (what they themselves) calls ‘problems’.

They introduce a law that forbids it.
They introduce regulations
They use the price mechanism.

The latter method has become very successful in my country. By using this method, the politicians does not have to monitor or fine everybody, they just cash in on the taxes they appose everything (raising them each year). It a win win situation for them.

Are there any other countries out there who has invented such fun systems?

edit on 2-11-2013 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

At least a 100 if not more by lunch..

I'm afraid I'll get a fined or jailed for just going to work

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I know we aren't talking about social rules, but if we were talking about social laws, my God. Not even possible to follow them because they are contradictory. For example, I went to a card tournament today. I put a lot of effort into my deck, and that was considered rude by some people. However, when I slacked off later in the tournament, that was considered rude by the other crowd. I smoked a cigarette and that was considered rude by some people. I drove my friends an hour to the tournament and told them to stop complaining and that was considered rude -

However, according to my social worker, I need to start standing up for myself, so enabling them to complain would have been considered the incorrect course of action.

It's all a bunch of bull. And that's why we never want our legal system to follow fads like the fashion industry.
edit on 02pmSat, 02 Nov 2013 23:30:33 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Its obviously a trap, dont tell them!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
None...ever...squeaky clean...all the time...

Hi NSA

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

hey - rather than speculate why not give us the top 10 of these aledged laws that " everyone must be breaking " ?

EDIT TO ADD :

and of course - the 2010 prosecution / conviction rate for each
edit on 2-11-2013 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

Look up extortion and blackmail… Parents do this to their kids all the time. When I learned what it meant, I queried my mother on this peculiar habit of hers, and by god! She was not amused at my insolence.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

0. And I think I am in the minority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join