It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Blasts White House Leaks on Syria Strikes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Shiloh7
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Would Israel be an ally without the aid it receives each year from the USA?

If America were to cut off aid to Israel overnight it would become the biggest anti American nation in the ME.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

While so many Americans are subsisting on food stamps, losing their homes, and accumulating credit card debt they will never be able to pay off, the US is giving Israel $3 billion in direct foreign aid every year and, according to Congressman James Traficant, another $12-17 billion in indirect aid such as valuable military equipment deemed “scrapped,” loan guarantees, and preferential contracts. Israel is an affluent country with more than 10,000 millionaires and, according to the International Monetary Fund, was one of the few economies that weathered the 2008 financial storm nearly unscathed.

In Stauffer’s estimation, US aid to Israel costs 275,000 American jobs per year due to unfair trade imbalances and sanctions on Israel’s enemies. In one example of under the table aid, Stauffer pointed out that the US actually gave Russia and Romania billions of dollars in undeclared aid to facilitate Jews moving to Israel. The US has also spent hundreds of billions in the region to secure friendly relationships with Israel.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Yet none of this is enough... we must lie and stick our noses in the dirt and pretend they aren't doing anything at all.... Nope... wasn't Israel...

edit on 3-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I do think that America has suffered under such a strong Zionist influence and is in the position it is in today
financially due to this.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Btw this strike had nothing to do with Lebanon and everything to do with Iran and weakening air defence over Syria so there will be less threat to Israels jets when they are flying missions on Iran.

That is my opinion as well. It could very well be that they are trying to probe Iran's ability to react and if what ever they are planning would need more fighter protection. Kinda old style information gathering. Quite possible Iran guessed what they were up to and reacted with delay just to fatten the soup.

Obama is in on it as well as the whole 'furious' is a load of crap. If they were really mad they wouldn't be using the press-nice cover story anyway.

Kind of begs the question of: What in the land of Goshen are they planning? I wonder if anyone really knows the ability of Iran's tactical response to airspace infiltration.

I believe on Sunday afternoon Obama plays basketball then inhales a pack of Marlboros and a 12 pack of BudLite beer. He must get a thrill out of how easy it is for him to use the media to fool people.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I thought this was crazy when I first heard about it. Is it really okay to bomb a country and then not claim responsibility? That seens more like terrorism than defensice pre emptive strike.

Sensible statement. In what situation would anonymous bombing be worthwhile? Can't come up with one myself.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I can come up with some, but the are all very bad.
Like illegal strikes, and attempting to commit acts of war without repercussion. It's not good because it generally points to the strikes being unjustifiable.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There are few in the region with the ability and the motive to do it, so anybody in the corridors of power knew who did it pretty soon after. Its just embarrassing that the white house would publicly confirm the covert strike conducted by an ally. Almost as embarrassing as being caught hacking their mobile phones.

Other than reinforcing the current american administrations reputation for ineptitude it wont change much. Israel still cant survive without sustained US military hand outs and the US Israel lobby still wields influence with lawmakers in Washington.

The Israelis have just decided to put their own interests first (as they usually do). There are plenty of things they can be criticised for and when put in context covertly destroying some Sam launchers in a neighbouring civil war can be assessed as far down the list.
edit on 3-11-2013 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As if we needed some WH official to leak to the media that it was the Israel that did the bombing.
Oh, the indignation of the Israeli's! How could somebody tell us what they did in plain sight!

I was thinking earlier, left on my own, that some other country had done the deed. But, no, the Israel's popped up to admit to the caper...in a roundabout way. --Real clever if not so damned stupid.

The world is a circus.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

What did you want? The White House to lie?

Are you not sick of all the damn lying going? Are you not ready to stop the lies already?

Lets put this into real and more direct terms people can relate to as a pure hypothetical....

If you confide something to the staff of a website. Any website, but it's something in confidence ..or better yet to a direct comparison, a website's staff see something in the course of other business which is, obvious on it's face, intended to be confidential and anything but public in some way?

Would you see any difference between a member just guessing that piece of information and blabbing it in total ignorance to it's accuracy vs. someone working for that website public sharing that information with the self evident position of credibility a good % give to what is said, strictly by what the writer does for a living (and how they got what they shared?)

Again, this is purely hypothetical, but it's nothing more than a personal level comparison to what was just done. WHO says something can make ALL the difference to it's meaning, how it's taken and how seriously it's reacted to.

The media speculating or even proving Israel did it ..is common and expected. The WHITE HOUSE saying it, makes it a given fact and statement with the authority and resources to know, which the Government allows. I see a Night/Day difference and a radical one ...based 100% on who and in what context this was confirmed.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by OpinionatedB

What did you want? The White House to lie?

Are you not sick of all the damn lying going? Are you not ready to stop the lies already?

Lets put this into real and more direct terms people can relate to as a pure hypothetical....

If you confide something to the staff of a website. Any website, but it's something in confidence ..or better yet to a direct comparison, a website's staff see something in the course of other business which is, obvious on it's face, intended to be confidential and anything but public in some way?

Would you see any difference between a member just guessing that piece of information and blabbing it in total ignorance to it's accuracy vs. someone working for that website public sharing that information with the self evident position of credibility a good % give to what is said, strictly by what the writer does for a living (and how they got what they shared?)

Again, this is purely hypothetical, but it's nothing more than a personal level comparison to what was just done. WHO says something can make ALL the difference to it's meaning, how it's taken and how seriously it's reacted to.

The media speculating or even proving Israel did it ..is common and expected. The WHITE HOUSE saying it, makes it a given fact and statement with the authority and resources to know, which the Government allows. I see a Night/Day difference and a radical one ...based 100% on who and in what context this was confirmed.

Israel had to be put in it's place;

Otherwise the attack would have been seen as conspiratorial between the two nations; Izzy/merica?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Shiloh7

Would Israel be an ally without the aid it receives each year from the USA?

Aid to Israel is a whole different matter and one governed by a series of different agreements and treaties we can't just 'turn off' on a whim. There is a process and for the largest of aid, a major issue involved here.

If we cut off Israel, we MUST cut off Egypt at the same time. Israel gets it's aid and Egypt gets it's aid dating back to the agreements coming out of the Camp David Accords, which intended to see those two former combatants hold a position of rough parity. One couldn't grow strong enough to independently menace and seriously threaten the other. At least not without help, and that's been enough to keep peace for 30+ years.

Cut one, cut both. In all honesty? I have no problem with that, as long as it is equal. Israel is full of big boys and girls who can manage without us, if given the chance. It also means we'll have absolutely no leverage left to influence policy there, but then, perhaps letting them settle their own issues among themselves isn't such a bad idea anyway. However that would turn out.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I can't help wondering though if the aid to Egypt is also for keeping open the Suez Canal so I don't quite see the parity between these two countries. The canal is vitally important for access for both warships and trade. Israel gets aid for what exactly?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

isreal not to be the US's ally?
LOL

what, and give up ALL THAT FREE LOOT?
never happen
the us (under obama ) is a just a pay pig

the us has destroyed countries for far less crimes than this that never even happened
edit on 4-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

oh yeah funny thing
alciaduh is also attacking Syria
with allys like that who needs the US?
go figure....
edit on 4-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Screw Israel.

If you attack someone, you own up to it. Candy assed stuff like this is what allows them to continue to bulldoze homes of Palestinians while still proclaming that they are victims of Palestinian violence.

Ignore one truth, focus on the other.

Really. Screw Israel. THey have been the source of global problems since 1949.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Israel was put there by the West. They've done a cracking job and are completely expendable.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Shiloh7

I can't help wondering though if the aid to Egypt is also for keeping open the Suez Canal so I don't quite see the parity between these two countries. The canal is vitally important for access for both warships and trade. Israel gets aid for what exactly?

Oh, I think you have an outstanding point there and I'd never suggest that the Camp David Accords under Carter or the agreements to come from them were actually deeply rooted in humanitarian concerns for Egyptians OR Israelis. (Okay, maybe Carter as a person ..He's an odd duck for a President ..but no one around him had warm hearts). I'd say it's always been about three things.

#1. The Suez Canal, as perhaps the single most strategically important passage and choke point in the world. Even the Panama Canal doesn't hold comparison here, as the US literally exists at equal distance on both sides of it from our ports on the Pacific Coast and Gulf Coast. If the Suez closed to us, or to everyone? Well...It's a LONG trip around South Africa and the Cape.

#2. Regional or World war, and that is the trigger point. One of only a few, but absolutely one of them where a war could, if it went off the rails (or perhaps wouldn't have to these days), could blow up to suck in nations from all around. There are other places like it. None quite as strategic, as noted above OR as volatile.

#3. End Times. Now I know for many folks here, bashing and belittling religion is almost a sport. I don't bring this up for that. To those who DO believe in any of the 3 Abrahamic Faiths, that is a flash point and potential trigger for the ultimate events those Faiths describe and await. Up until now, people avoided artificially helping the process along ...as if to tempt fate and test it, to see if there is truth to the 3 religions. (bad bad bad idea...IMO..and I'm not even a follower of any of the three).

As far as why Israel gets aid? Well, among other things, we have treaties with Israel (as we do many nations) on everything ranging from science and technology, to medicine, to humanitarian cooperation, to military matters. It's natural to see it here.

MORE importantly though ...Israel is vicious to an extreme to those it deems it's enemies. Ask the people aboard the U.S.S. Liberty how Israel feels about being back stabbed....even when they only perceive it to be happening. That was an intelligence collection vessel, on record as such. Israel wasn't getting intelligence from it, so they assumed Egypt WAS. That damn near saw the ship become a Submarine in ways it was never intended.

Cut Israel and NOT Egypt? Well, Egypt may control the Canal, but Israel equally controls the approach in real terms and can do so on both North and South ends of it. Furthermore? We have U.S. Military deployed and have on a rotating basis all this time in the Sinai Peninsula as part of the MFO.

So you see, cutting Israeli aid is a WHOLE lot more complicated than just cancelling their credit card and telling them to fend for themselves.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Thats kind of the rub, huh? We have been kind of forced into this bad relationship that really isn't benefitting anyone. It is the single most destabilizing thing in the world. But I am not sure that we can really do anything about it.

That is the worst part to me. We created a problem that is really the only problem in the world, and we are powerless to stop it any time soon.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
twitter.com...

and this may be why as well.

maybe,,,

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

BobAthome
twitter.com...

and this may be why as well.

maybe,,,

khamenei.ir ‏@khamenei_ir
3 Nov
#US takes the most heed of #Zionists & they have to do that but we had always said that it is considered an illegal and bastard regime.

ohh ya and that goes with,, pic.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah, we are between a rock and a hard place. It really doesn't matter now who or why the relative international stability of the past few decades went south with a vengeance over the past couple years. It has though, and that's all that matters now. So, what looked like a good idea to support and nuture, even that recently? Looks more and more like a suicide pact with a warmonger.

I don't mean Israeli people. Not for an instant. Bibi is in love with the idea of 'sticking it to Iran' though and the man is starting to come across as almost unstable, IMO.

Sure Sure..Israel can turn Tehran into a glowing, smoking hole in the ground ..Iran is HUGE .. 1/3rd the land mass, roughly, of the United States. Israel is the size of New Jersey and their population is sardined into a much smaller realistic area. So, they can give punishment, but they cannot take much of it as a pure mathematical fact. He doesn't seem to care about that either way ...and I'd be flaming pissed by now if I were an Israeli who would take this right in the teeth when/if it goes bad.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join