It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Blasts White House Leaks on Syria Strikes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Officials in Israel are slamming the Obama White House for apparently "Leaking" the fact that Israel attacked targets in Syria this week.

Israel seems to think the attacks should have been somehow kept secret ?

Perhaps this explains why this was possibly suppressed in MSM stories until the White House confirmed the bombings were carried out by Israel.

Hmmm.

Like nobody would have figured this out by themselves ?

Israeli officials expressed anger Friday at the White House's decision to disclose that Israel carried out the two attacks on targets in Syria Thursday. The attacks in Latakiya and Damascus are believed to have targeted SA-8 missiles that were about to be transferred to Hezbollah in Lebanon.

An Obama administration official confirmed to CNN that the target of the Israeli strike was "missiles and related equipment the Israelis felt might be transferred to Hezbollah."

According to Channel 2, Israeli officials said the US leak was "incensing and also puzzling."

Some interesting comments on the article's site as well;

1. Meaning of US leaks
BhO means by this leak to tell Israel he will do everything- up to treason of an ally - to avoid the attack on Iran nuclear installations
Philippe, Raanana (2/11/13)

2. USA
Don't trust anyone that includes the USA ,they have there own agenda.
Philip, London (2/11/13)

3. Bombing in Syria
Its clear that the miscreant in the White house is loyal to the quoran in which case Israel should desist in giving any information till there is a change of government.......its a stab in the back but then true to the ilk he belongs to.......never trust a crocodile or a muzzie if he is smiling at you and this is the proof.....
Abdullah, London (2/11/13)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I suppose this is the current understanding of stealth technologies where nations can think they can attack anyone anywhere with impunity, for any or no reason at all, so long as they don't get caught.

Instead of throwing a fit, they should be playing this song:

EDIT:

If Israel wants to operate with impunity, they're not going to have much success by operating from a position of strength and aggression. It's too controversial and someone, somewhere is going to to take offense.

For Israel to be successful in all its wants, desires, hopes and dreams, it need to employ some strategy in operating from a position of weakness.

How to do this?

Sacrifice Jerusalem with a low yield, relatively 'clean' nuke engineered to have an old Soviet signature and pin it on fanatic enemies of Israel.

What does this accomplish?

For one, Israel gets to shame Russia into participating as an ally since all accounts would point to the device coming from old Soviet stock smuggled out during the fall.

It gets Israel the sympathy and support of EVERYONE.
They get as close to a blank check as can be writ in casting about to enact retribution on any and all assumed enemies that could be held accountable.

They get to finally realize their dream about rebuilding their much sought after temple.

They could get all this and more if they just bombed themselves in the method described above.

edit on 11/2/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh brother! I didn't get that info from the White House. I got it from Infowars. Blame Alex Jones.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I do hope the White House enjoyed that little stunt.

I imagine Israel will live up to it's well earned reputation for being good to it's obligations. In this case, that would be returning the favor.

I'm betting that comes at a moment Obama can least possibly afford to have something sensitive blown all over the world press, and on an issue to do the most political damage possible to him, personally.

They are not a nation one crosses, lightly and the reputation for never leaving something like this lay is legendary. I think this either shows Obama is so far out of his league on these things, it may literally put our national security in direct risk ...or his running of his house is SO sloppy, this could have happened without his direct approval of it. Either way, knowing and having it confirmed are two entirely different things. Confirmation almost demands response from Syria where 'openly known secrets' don't.

Nice once Mr. President. What ally gets burned next, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What would Israel prefer? That the US continue to be blamed for Israel's treachery against a nation who is in the middle of a UN resolution with the US?

The audacity of Israel is beginning to strike a nerve.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I will not deny Israel's ability destroy things that are not in their line of thinking; however, he did manage to make it through reelection without a state visit to Israel. He must have some friends too. He made the 1967 boarder comment, and they barked a bit albeit but somewhere between a poodles bark and maybe a lab.

Me thinks that Obama rolls with dark forces that even Israel knows better than to interfere too deeply with.

edit on 2-11-2013 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
World War III is knocking on the door...

Do you answer or just wait and hope it goes away??

What path uses Secrecy?

Certainly not Truth and Justice!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

2 words. Plausible deniability. Its why the DC cess pool hasn't been prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I am glad that the White House confirmed Israel's involvement in the Syrian strikes. It's about time Israel is held accountable for their actions.

Attacking another nation-state is an act of war. You can't just go around attacking whoever you please in the name of premature self defence, without expecting retaliation.

Israel should stand up for their actions and explain why they shouldn't be held accountable for attacking another country. As far as i am concerned, they should be in big trouble for pulling this. But since they are Israel, what's the bet that they will just get let off?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

This isn't about just Israel and it could be outer Mongolia for all I really care in the end. The fact is, he burned an Ally and he burned them hard ..for what purpose? This is while we have leaks, damn near daily about NEW ways HIS National Security Agency has violated both enemy and Ally alike in the most personal of ways, daily and for years.

We don't have a whole lot of good friends left in the world, and I'd say as the example here? Israel isn't far from dropping off the list by their own choosing. That may sound trivial, but whatever anyone's feelings about Israeli politics? That will leave nothing truly friendly to the United States in the Eastern half of the Med except maybe Cyprus..but I wouldn't count on it. Egypt sure isn't a very close friend while the debate was left open whether this current Government is even legitimate....by our 'lofty ideals' in Washington, anyway.

We can ill afford to back stab and burn any MORE allies, whoever they may be, IMO. The list shortens, and I do start to wonder if that's intentional from the inside of our own side. We sure can't BUILD alliances, except outright trying to buy them with aid and/or weapons.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I thought this was crazy when I first heard about it. Is it really okay to bomb a country and then not claim responsibility? That seens more like terrorism than defensice pre emptive strike. Does Israel think this is okay? Either us or Israel would get the blame which is pribably why we said. That or we aren't in support of Israek pushing for Iran right now because our gov knows the people won't support it and they want to/are going so they want the time to be right.

Btw this strike had nothing to do with Lebanon and everything to do with Iran and weakening air defence over Syria so there will be less threat to Israels jets when they are flying missions on Iran.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just to be trollish ( I know no surprise right)
I suggest maybe Israel retaliate to the US outing their manned strike on another country's terrorists.
By making every drone strike the US does daily Headlines.

That would probably shut Obama's white house up pretty quick.

X

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

That's precisely what I expect to see happen. Not long term like that, but it'll be a little nuke of a leak on something big enough to hurt real bad. They sounded absolutely furious over this, and we're a BIG glass house to be throwing rocks from.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So..... the white house is the only way the story could get out??? Hmmm...
Even if the terrorist Israelis used unmarked vehicles in the attack, they would still be identified....Hmmm that sounds familiar...cough.. USS Liberty.. cough..
It seems with all of the different "advisors" in Syria, that someone would have known these jets to have been from the terrorist Israeli regime.
RT probably knew who did the strike, I'm sure they would have "leaked" it.
All out wars do not get "leaked" they get televised.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I do hope the White House enjoyed that little stunt.

I imagine Israel will live up to it's well earned reputation for being good to it's obligations. In this case, that would be returning the favor.

I'm betting that comes at a moment Obama can least possibly afford to have something sensitive blown all over the world press, and on an issue to do the most political damage possible to him, personally.

They are not a nation one crosses, lightly and the reputation for never leaving something like this lay is legendary. I think this either shows Obama is so far out of his league on these things, it may literally put our national security in direct risk ...or his running of his house is SO sloppy, this could have happened without his direct approval of it. Either way, knowing and having it confirmed are two entirely different things. Confirmation almost demands response from Syria where 'openly known secrets' don't.

Nice once Mr. President. What ally gets burned next, I wonder?

Didn't realize Ariel Sharon was on ATS!

Israel's warmongering is Obama's fault? Yessir, this here kool-aide tastes great!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
I suppose this is the current understanding of stealth technologies where nations can think they can attack anyone anywhere with impunity, for any or no reason at all, so long as they don't get caught.

Instead of throwing a fit, they should be playing this song:

EDIT:

If Israel wants to operate with impunity, they're not going to have much success by operating from a position of strength and aggression. It's too controversial and someone, somewhere is going to to take offense.

For Israel to be successful in all its wants, desires, hopes and dreams, it need to employ some strategy in operating from a position of weakness.

How to do this?

Sacrifice Jerusalem with a low yield, relatively 'clean' nuke engineered to have an old Soviet signature and pin it on fanatic enemies of Israel.

What does this accomplish?

For one, Israel gets to shame Russia into participating as an ally since all accounts would point to the device coming from old Soviet stock smuggled out during the fall.

It gets Israel the sympathy and support of EVERYONE.
They get as close to a blank check as can be writ in casting about to enact retribution on any and all assumed enemies that could be held accountable.

They get to finally realize their dream about rebuilding their much sought after temple.

They could get all this and more if they just bombed themselves in the method described above.

edit on 11/2/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

Israel??? False-flag??? Never!!!!

You could be the next CFR or AIPAC crisis engineer!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Would Israel be an ally without the aid it receives each year from the USA?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Does anyone else find it incredible that the 'story' here seems to be Israeli anger over the NEWS that Israel has yet again totally ignored international law and UN charters by unilaterally bombing a sovereign nation without provocation?

Is the 'Israeli outrage' over telling the international community of the bombing a diversionary tactic?

Make the story about the leaks, not about the illegal act of war.

Utterly arrogant and utterly criminal.

Can you imagine the Israeli anger and outrage, the calls for the International community to attack Syria and bomb it into oblivion, the UN speeches and calls to arms, the fist waving and teeth gnashing...if Syria had been the ones to have performed an illegal airstrike upon Israel?

Yeah...here it is folks, the literal meaning of hypocrisy delivered courtesy of that little psychopathic state...yet again.
edit on 3-11-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I couldn't agree with you more. If a country interferes and bombs other countries because of its own paranoia then its well time for it to be taken to task and sanctions imposed. Bombing and murder seem to be all part of the Israeli Government's tactics. I note there is no mention of innocent civilian deaths when Israel decides to bomb somewhere - perhaps its victims are not so important as Israeli lives?

Why is it that Israel seems to have to continue 'to reinvent the wheel' politically? Its popularity within the world arena took a nose-dive when it bombed civilians in Gaza and we all saw the destruction and bleeding women and children there. The Lebanon also was a disgusting and shameful operation. I will never forget the people shown left on the dock and a family separated, with the father and 1 child left behind, whilst the mother and another child were rescued by the British. Obviously their misery and lives nothing in comparison to Israeli lives.

Imagine what would happen had France decided to bomb Greece in order to persuade the Greeks to pay their loans etc would we have all turned a blind eye? No! Certainly not and it should be no different for Israel, which gets aid, instead of loans.

With today's technology and the fact that there appear to be no USA missile bases in Israel, the excuse that Israel is, among other things, the West's listening post into the ME doesn't ring true.

I know many Jews hate what is happening but there is a group within Israel that are pure criminal and act in a way no decent person would. They are only bombing Syria so they can get their hands on Syrian land, oil and gas. I notice the world seems silent on Israel chemical weapons - how about a disclosure Israel, do you have them and should you be allowed to keep them as you were so keen for Assad to give up his? What about your atomic weapons, should you have them and other country's near you not? Perhaps if you led the way and approached your neighbours to all sign an agreement to dump all chemical, biological, uranium tipped and nuclear weapons you could sleep easily once you all contributed to finance Inspectors to monitor each country fairly. In fact you would gain back good will if you dealt with the Palestinian people and gave them their own State, cooperation could make your country prosperous and peaceful - what you are doing today doesn't work and earns you more disdain each illegal act you carry out.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Lets consider for a minute the simple truth... this wasn't told to anyone by the white house.. it was ALL OVER twitter and other places minutes after the bombing started.

At worst all that happened was that someone working at the white house confirmed the accounts...

Well duh... we didn't need that anyway, there were already pictures of Israeli planes and such dropping bombs...

What did you want? The White House to lie?

Are you not sick of all the damn lying going? Are you not ready to stop the lies already?

I for one would like to see the truth a hell of a lot more often... allies that don't do anything but suck dry the tax payers money I would never in a million years be happy to lie for... enough already!

If Israel wants to bomb people we can suppose that is their business... there is no need to lie to Americans about what is happening in the world when everyone already had proof for goodness sakes!

what do you want? Us to look like this?

American sees Israeli plane dropping bombs on Syria...

American asks their government was that an Israeli Plane sir?

"Why no that wasn't an Israeli plane dropping bombs... they were giving out party hats to all the happy Syrians on the ground!"

Syrian tells American, "Israel just dropped bombs on us and we just showed you proof!"

American says "Your lying those were party hats and you are happy about it!"

American goes to watch american idol on tv...

I certainly do not prefer lies over the truth when the truth is staring us in the face so that Americans can ignore the reality that is going on around us! Israel is about to start WW3. Would you prefer lies?

Hate Obama but don't hate truth and beg for lies just because of it!
edit on 3-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join