It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAX Shooting: Police chief says 'We prepared 3 weeks ago...'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Lol you do not train for an event that happens in the next day or soon after like 7/7 or 9/11, Boston, err all of them... Sorry coincidences do not fly when they are that close and precise.
Firepiston

Join Bonco in your disinfo campaign..
edit on 2-11-2013 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

And this didn't happen "the next day". This was three weeks ago. As far as Boston, of course you're going to train right up until the day of the marathon. It's an annual event so you don't train all the time for it.

And the exercises on 9/11 had nothing to do with what happened. They didn't do anything to slow the response of the alert aircraft.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Daughter2

Zaphod58
reply to post by St0rD

Something like this has been recognized as inevitable since before I worked at an airport in 98. The public areas of the terminal are so unsecured that it's not even funny. It's always been a matter of when, not if. There were a couple of high profile cases like this outside the US, that got people's guard up, but it didn't last long. The amazing thing is that the body count was so low, honestly.

Sure it was a well known threat. That's why there are cops on the curb by passenger pick-up ready to chase you away if you stop for more than a minute. They are worried about bombs outside the terminal. There's lots of different threats at airports.

So if this was known for decades why would a drill like this occur a few weeks before the actual event?
Ugh. Training like this occurs multiple times per year. It would be foolish of them NOT to train as often as possible.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Then why do they suck so much # when it does happen, if they are doing all this major training all the time?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

It's called drilling and being prepared. They prepare for all sorts of scenarios! It's what they do and we should be glad that they do. I don't see the problem in this. Without these types of drills, this incident could have been a lot worse.

Would you rather have had this guy state, "we were definitely not prepared for anything like this. We just hope that nothing bad ever happens."

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Because when you're training, at least with police, and civilian agencies, there's always that knowledge that you're "safe", so even though you train hard, and you get to where you know what to do, and it's second nature, there's always hesitation when the real thing comes up.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Then why do they suck so much # when it does happen, if they are doing all this major training all the time?
How did they "suck" here? A 60 second response time is fairly impressive, really.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

''We practiced to this not more than 3 weeks ago [...] and we practiced the exact scenario that played out today... that WE played out today...''

Wasn't that the same thing that was said after the Boston Bombing ? Hmmm.... Cowinkydink or not ?
edit on 2-11-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, the wheat and the chaff, comes to mind. Its interesting they always seem to do drills for their false flags, and also, the two behind him, looked visibly affected by what he said, even putting his head in his hand.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by St0rD

''We practiced to this not more than 3 weeks ago [...] and we practiced the exact scenario that played out today... that WE played out today...''

Wasn't that the same thing that was said after the Boston Bombing ? Hmmm.... Cowinkydink or not ?

Can you find the evidence for your statement?

Just curious.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by St0rD

It's the same thing that is said every time an event like this happens.. just like there are always reports of multiple gunmen, then later it's just a lone gunman who hears voices and needs mental help. Just like afterwards how people always start screaming for more gun control etc. Just look at all the events that took place in the last year alone and notice the similarities. For people to NOT stop and think about how weird this is, is weird in itself.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Urantia1111
Ha! That's hilarious! Chief Dumbass has ONE job to do and screws it up. His handlers flanking him do matching face-palms in response. Could it be any more perfect? Simply awesome lol.

ETA the news headline at the end says the shooter's last name is Ciancia??? CIA & CIA? Come on now...
edit on 2-11-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out. Nice observation.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Yep, the double facepalms is unmistakable.
His handlers were nothappy. lol.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if this were all a big act.
I haven't seen any coverage about it.
In fact this video was the first.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

They were practicing bomb drills in the same place earlier in the afternoon in Boston.
People sitting in the stands near the finish line said the police told them "don't get excited, we're only doing a drill".
Testimony by the college track coach whose name I don't recall.
Might be an Australian .

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Feltrick
reply to post by St0rD

It's called drilling and being prepared. They prepare for all sorts of scenarios! It's what they do and we should be glad that they do. I don't see the problem in this. Without these types of drills, this incident could have been a lot worse.

Would you rather have had this guy state, "we were definitely not prepared for anything like this. We just hope that nothing bad ever happens."

Nobody questionned if they should be having drills training or not, in fact it doesn't matter because the answer is pretty obvious. The problem isn't with the drill itselfs but rather in the relation it has with the LAX shooting.

(post by Pinkorchid removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

redoubt

There are power levels that have high walls. Those wayyy up there who may know things... try to get those below ready for something but never tell them exactly what to expect or when...

... separation is safe and complete.

I don't blame all TSA agents for their horrible routines and rules. They are just trying to keep jobs and feed their families like us. When somebody goes over the edge because their country has a government in the process of purposeful suicide, what comes next is anyone's guess.

Of course, what comes next is another possible run against the 2nd... I don't know anyone who is fooled. heck, the emperor just evoked an imperial edict on global warming. All things considered, chances are 50/50 that your charcoal grill will be outlawed soon and tailagters and cookouts could become UN crimes.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Excellent commentary/analysis, imho.
THX THX.

Question: What percentage of your family; co-workers and others in your social network have even half your awareness and understanding of the realities we are facing?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I know there are cops who sometimes read this board, I would like to know from a city police officer how often there are drills like the one a few weeks ago.

Also, aren't cops taught to shoot to kill in a situation like this one? Don't you think they would have shot a few more times, just to be sure he was dead? I'm thinking about the Boston bomber being shot in the leg too. Don't they train with those targets?

As a side note, how in the world could a person bleed that much and not have more on their cloths?
edit on November 3rd 2013 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by St0rD

because every f-ing time there is a terror attack there is ALSO a drill happening the same exact day or close to it. Doesn't fit right in my head if you wanna know.

They always drill. In fact drilling during a disaster would be the stupidest thing on their part if they were trying to pull off and cover up a conspiracy.

I think the idea that is being suggested is that they knew about an attack and let it happen, training the men just weeks before so the situation could be handled as best as possible.

I saw a look of dread on the two mean's faces, but to be fair, they all could have discussed it before hand and asked not to mention it because of implications (while being completely innocent of any wrong doing.)

It is not really evidence of anything at all, and choosing to take something like this as, would make you nuttier than chunky peanut butter.

Interesting though.

Would have more "umph" if you knew exactly who the two suits were…

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join