It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I always so happy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Tanda

When I made that comment it was not directed specifically at you - just at what you said.

You sound like a really good person but many people strive to contain themselves in a self contained bubble of 'optimism' - read delusion. In other words they are so busy being 'happy' that they deny their pain - they bury it, they project it and they reek of it .. especially to more sensitive souls. Despite their denial.

They ' see no evil, hear no evil ' but neglect to acknowledge that evil surrounds us all in this dimension - look no further then your local slaughter house or abusive family or even the more innocuous but none the less evil of our dogmas and institutions.

Like schools who uniformly, take lovely creative beings and mold them and beat the creative out of them - so that they leave the system 18 years later - restless/ confused / indoctrinated and disconnected from 'life' but ready for our 'system'. Heart and mind separated for a lifetime...

I am glad you are happy and that you are an optimist but the world needs people who also have their eyes 'wide open', illuminating 'grubby' corners with their light - not denying the existence of such darkness.

This response is not directed at you at all - just how I perceive 'optimism' as felt by many IMO.
edit on 5-11-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Me I think i might have discovered the humor underpinning the absurdity of life, which sustains me in an entirely optimistic and even a mirthful outlook in the face of the most grave circumstances and the "vicissitudes" and trials and tribulations of life.

Because of this, I can be helpful to others in sharing their sorrows and burdens and helping to lighten their load, because I have no problem with how ridiculous and absurd I am and have been, as well.

Eternal optimism is, imho, the only rational and reasonable position to take, no matter how unreasonably reasonable it may be.

I think it's funny too how the cynic calls himself a "realist", but is really just another part of the problem and not the solution, yet completely blind to that truth. The only problem with that type of person is that they generally cannot be persuaded to recognize the humor and the irony of their own worldview in the light of what is possible.

My I'm interested in the hand that's capable of wiping away the tears from our eyes, until we weep with laughter and hilarity at our prior ignorance and absurdity including that of the "world" at large.

No other response is reasonable, and that too is rather amuzing imho.

Best regards,

NAM aka Bob

edit on 5-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The GUT
Not saying it's like this, but I'll tell it anyway.

In a town I spent a good portion of my youth in were two folk we would all see quite often.

One was an older man that would walk around talking and mumbling to himself--always angry talk--while throwing his hands up in despair or karate chopping some imagined and hated obstacle.

The other was a rather obese 20-something who would literally skip down the streets singing, laughing, and clapping his hands with pure joy.

They were both utterly consistent.

Even at my young age, I decided, should it ever come to that: I wanna be the skippy, happy guy.

Perfect. That's what it comes down to, a choice and in the space of the freedom of that choice, it's amuzing that anyone would choose to be angry and upset, conflicted and at odds with everything and everyone.

And then in the realization, after a few tears and a big facepalm of regret, we are restored to our true self in the humor of understanding.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Dude, don't question it, and thank your lucky stars.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
We are the creatora of our own reality...?
It is all in the mind...?

It doesn't matter if you are smiling or not, if you are in chains whether you think positive and smile you will still be in chains...

The greatest slave is the one happily not knowing they are in chains.

Seeking pleasure and just trying to be happy with "now" makes it easy to m I n d c o n t r o l people.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We must be acutely aware of the chains that bind us, to be free of them, and of the nature of the snare, to be liberated from it.

Imagine therefore the one who goes in with eyes wide open firm in the knowledge that he has the power to break the chains and be liberated from the snare - now that's power.

It's funny, I tell you.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There are no chains. You haven't even truly left home. So the chains are in your mind. Clear it, and be happy. There is nothing in this soap opera, never ending story, spore like movie that is going on, that we entered, that i approve of, except Love, Learning, Laughter, Growth, Hugs, Joy, Family, and Beauty, Compassion But the whole thing needs to be rolled up and everyone shaken free.

The chain is in our minds. Not in reality. For there is no matter to really matter here.

But everyone here with consciousness, from the smallest kitten, to the biggest whale, to the children of the cosmos, all of us, matter very much.

edit on 5-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by tanda7

Me I think i might have discovered the humor underpinning the absurdity of life, which sustains me in an entirely optimistic and even a mirthful outlook in the face of the most grave circumstances and the "vicissitudes" and trials and tribulations of life.

Because of this, I can be helpful to others in sharing their sorrows and burdens and helping to lighten their load, because I have no problem with how ridiculous and absurd I am and have been, as well.

Eternal optimism is, imho, the only rational and reasonable position to take, no matter how unreasonably reasonable it may be.

I think it's funny too how the cynic calls himself a "realist", but is really just another part of the problem and not the solution, yet completely blind to that truth. The only problem with that type of person is that they generally cannot be persuaded to recognize the humor and the irony of their own worldview in the light of what is possible.

My I'm interested in the hand that's capable of wiping away the tears from our eyes, until we weep with laughter and hilarity at our prior ignorance and absurdity including that of the "world" at large.

In total agreement here... certainly not unaware nor am I delusional about the ills of humanity and the dreary plight that many souls face on this planet but in spite of it all something has given me the strength to count my blessings and rejoice in the moment. I've always been this way for the most part and even more so as I've aged into my 30s and 40s. Optimism has been my solid antidote for the darkness that threatens to encroach at every turn, I've seen it swallow up many a family and friend and it's not cute.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
For some people happiness is not a choice.

I mean If you are not personaly affected by those bad things happening around you then yes you can choose not to give a damn and make only happy thoughts and be happy.
But is happiness a choice for one whocan't find a job no matter how he tries? and he is forced to do something he hates just to keep living? who will never fulfill his dreams of having a family because he is the victim of the economy collapse?
Is Happiness a choice for one who hasn't got money to pay for his house? or can't feed his children?
Is Happiness a choice for one who is forced to live a life he doesn't want just because he wasn't born with the opportunities some others had?

I am not trying to be negative, I mean good for you for being happy and living your life, but don't ever accuse someone for not being like you cause he may haven't been in his life as lucky as you.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
because you are a happy person

thats why

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Tell that to the slaves in poor countries or the gays and small religious groups being killed and prosecuted around the world.

Injustice is happening. Until Justice - respecting each other's freewill happens, there will be abuse, mistreatment, and enslavement of others happening.

Land is supposed to be FREE for millions of years humans and other life forms lived for FREE...

Did you hear about the govenment destroying the home of natives who lived for FREE and kicking them out and selling it for MONEY?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I am happy when there are things to be happy about.
Sad when sadness is required.
mostly I am neither, not to loose the meaning of words.

It is not required that you always be a happy person.
Be a real person and respond to your environment.

Having a positive attitude does not always require happiness

I heard it said, that to be truly happy, one must be able to loose every thing.
edit on 9-11-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I totally understand where OP's coming from.

I used to be like that. I've been asked a few times in the past how come I'm always so happy.. I've beet told to my face that I have very good vibes a few times.

It's just that in the current situation, there are powers that are going to take away your happiness if you don't stand up and fight. We're on a brink (or have already entered) the global spiritual awakening. It happens in different ways, but one thing is certain: it comes from inside and it's all about realization. Not only self, but that we're all connected.

You can see all around you and you see most people defending themselves since they don't truly understand what it's all about and try to hide behind empty, childish cynicism until it falls like a house of cards and it strikes them like a bolt of lightning.

It's a fusion. It's a freight train. It simply cannot be stopped. It hasn't changed. It cannot be changed, because it is the naked truth, no many how many lies and sins you bury it under.

It will bring you permanent happiness, if you're ready to receive.

You're right, don't let the lies and propaganda control you. But if you don't fight it, they will shove it down your throat by force, by any means necessary. To me, this site is all about spreading awareness and fighting all that BS.
edit on 11/11/2013 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join