It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I always so happy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Because your views are so contrary to mine, I am very interested in what you have to say.
I'm glad this thread did not turn into a love fest.

Perhaps you can tell me where I'm going wrong.

I was raised a spoiled rich kid but abandoned a guaranteed life of luxury to wander. I found myself penniless sitting outside a truck stop and I had an epiphany. I discovered freedom. I wont waste my time trying to explain just to have you spit on it. All I know is what I've experienced.

I'm now in my 40s, I own two properties and am about to purchase a third, I'm poor by American standards but still manage to live a life of comfort that would be the envy of the majority on this planet.
I live in a city with outrageous crime rates but I can't remember the last time some one was even rude to me.
I find myself on an almost daily basis experiencing grandeur that is usually reserved for the elite.
My circle of friends could move mountains.

What am I doing wrong?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well was listening to Rauni Kilde's videos and the love energy we need to send out to those harrassing us with their weapons, that it freezes them and neutralizes their weapons, especially if everyone was on board with this, large numbers. So I am committing to doing this, in meditation and quiet moments, and the world, family. With the leaders first in Canada, and North America, and then Royal Family and world in general, and found it really hard, was very flatline, without feeling because hills of eyes comes to mind for those creating this hellzone out of what should be paradise or at least, balanced with free will and more positivity.

So I reached into their childhood to the highly programmed youth and even abused youth in some cases, MK type abuse and compartmentalization. And started to feel compassion until this wave of love started flowing. Understanding their situation, having compassion, freed up love.

Up until then, this was my envisioning, gaining empowerment with the strength of angels and Micahel and then, the nardings, they take orbit out of the galaxy and get blue beamed up by the cosmic psych wards for the criminally insane. Found a good depiction of what I was seeing.

It takes time to send Love and sometimes we wonder, what is in our past, what is our relationship, with those currently toxic to us, beyond this world, (were we in the wrong to them in the past?) and to drop pain tactics and realize antying that isn't Love isn't real. Literally. Source/Infinite Consciousness/Spirit is real. And having more love, more understanding, more intellect, more empathy/telepathy, this is growing bigger in Source/Consciousness. Whereas the loss of compassion, love is a shrinking of Spirit/Consciousness and so only Love is real, is Consciousness.

And stronger than all they can throw at us.

So reluctantly, alas, must replace this which brought some joy to me, and probably they woke up walking with a limp at times.

Balls of Steel - The Ultimate Nutshot
edit on 2-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
From the other side of the spectrum I can say that sometimes I envy people like this, sometimes they annoy the hell out of me. Everyone likes a happy person, including me, but sometime the situations are such that their happiness is not only out of place, it is downright dismissive of other people's problems. Like a child visiting a sick relative in the hospital; seeing him running around and playing with everything it may be refreshing at first but at some point you really wish he would stop and show some consideration to the sick person. Or make the visit shorter. I'm the kind of person who find it annoying after first two minutes, no exceptions

"Choosing" how to view the world it means to me to deliberately fooling myself. The "it's all sunshine" attitude is no more real real than the "it's all crap" attitude. Life is what it is, and it comes at you in all the colors, and I never succeeded to choose only the pink and let the rest of it out. Maybe it feels good to do that, but I guess on the long run it makes one kind of insensitive and maybe a little irresponsible. I only guess that based on the people I know who are "always happy", I'm not making assumption about anybody here.

And based on the same observation I would never go to a "happy" person in times of need; they won't waste their time and burst their happy bubble with your problems; they don't want to be remembered, god forbid, that things can be bad sometimes. I would go to a balanced, responsible friend who can offer a better advice than " you can't changed what happened so why worry about it? let's see a movie instead."

I am aware that my mood is more on the "negative" side, if I can call it like that, but I need a reason to be happy, just like I need a reason to be unhappy. In between I'm just neutral (or almost). I use music, arts, books, walks in nature to elevate my mood if I'm too low, but I can't never decide I am happy, just like that. It feels fake and foolish, and I wish I knew what is the secret to succeed in that

edit on 3-11-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

As i wrote previously, I used to be really positive. People thought I was on drugs. Turned out I was bipolar and existing in the manic phase.

I've also had psychotic episodes. You find out who your friends really are then, and you see the world for what it truly is - ugly.

Once you've been to the other side you can never come back.

All I'm saying is that, when you finally see the truth, it's going to be one hell of a ride.

No need for the spit jab. Part of positivity is not sticking others with your needle.
edit on 11/3/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Whining about the weather does not change the weather.

Well said. I choose to embrace the weather, whatever it brings.

Life really is about how you approach it. Better to choose joy and "leaning into" whatever comes your way.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by tanda7

A kindred spirit! My wife gets on my case because she confuses my unchecked optimism for "not caring" about our situation. It's like people get upset when you don't panic with them and assume you aren't "concerned".

My husband is the same way. He thinks I have my head in the sand. In reality, I am aware of what is going on in the world, but I choose to manage only my little corner of it.

If we all just took care of our own little corners and made them the best and brightest they could be, the world would be a far better place!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You only have to experience or witness depression to know how truly great your own optimism is. There are people out there who are searching endlessly through the darkness and the happiness and the light is so far away they are in a constant nightmare. When the chemicals in your brain that create optimism are upset, it's almost impossible to have different thoughts. Thank god for medication.

Just make sure you don't do with your optimism as Jesus did. Cause that ending wasn't fun.
edit on 3-11-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2013 by Parksie because: drunkness

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Just another excuse for taking ones own responsibility in some cases. Society creates the split, the priest, the politician, society as a whole is more comfortable when nature is denied and the split between ones own nature and that of the deemed acceptable norm become diametrically opposed. So really the norm is a schitzo reality. To be whole is frowned upon and labeled by the comfort zones of the most insane.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think people with happiness are blessed, they have a higher assignment often without knowing it, and hold higher frequency over earth.

An example, the average perceived down syndrome child, even adult (though in real life, there is alot of variance and also alot of trauma and adult issues facing them, but there still remains some that fit that average perception). less responsibilty ie. accountability, but holding love and light. Angels come in for roles like that and its not that they're just protected from consequences as is normally perceived, but that they have already acheived those grades and so it would be useless to fall again over and over in a very negative world like this, where its easy to be overhwelmed by the grid frequency and pulled down.

And they're also wayshowers. For seeing with Love tends to go understanding and Love versus karma and law.

Through that out and rise above what you're seeing in the world, and seek to joni in the force of Happiness and Love. Nurture this in yourself and those around you.

edit on 3-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No need for the spit jab. Part of positivity is not sticking others with your needle.
You're right, I made an assumption. The tone of your posts led me to believe that you would take pleasure in seeing my happiness destroyed and I have trouble tolerating that attitude. I'll apologize and give you the benefit of the doubt.
What I find beautiful is that you, who have made the most pessimistic replies, are now giving pointers on how to stay positive. Bravo!

...and you see the world for what it truly is - ugly
I know the world is ugly but is that the only truth we can say about the world?

when you finally see the truth, it's going to be one hell of a ride.
Lay some truth on me, I'm ready!

I'll go first.
There is an intimate relationship between your thoughts and your experience or "reality".

edit on 3-11-2013 by tanda7 because: spacing

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Restricted

antar
reply to post by geobro

No I didn't mean a schitzo, more like the people who are always happy and smiling and usually rocking too. It may be easier in life to be mediocre or mentally slow, happy all the time for no reason. Perhaps intelligence is a curse.

I think you nailed it.

And schizos can be pretty damn smart.
one dyslexic one just invented a new word
fame at last
edit on 3/11/13 by geobro because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I definitely don't wish I were you, what I mean is that I don't wish I were someone else. I'm glad that I am myself. However, I definitely wish that I had your optimism. When I was younger up until my twenties, I was an optimist and was generally a happy person. But I started spending too much time with someone negative and sad to say that it's definitely rubbed off on me. The bad news is that I have to fight a tendency to see people as stupid and cruel. I think that someone ignorant might say that you're a weak person who lacks a certain fierceness (this is what I gather from what someone in general might think of an optimist in general; I don't know you at all). I personally think that an optimist such as you is actually very strong-willed and is unwilling to let other people's bad attitude rub off on you. I really do admire you and your optimism. Keep it up.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Restricted
If you understood the true nature of the world those glasses wouldn't be so rosy.

It's nice that you shield yourself from the negative, but it means that when you crash, you'll crash hard.

Stand by for incoming.

well said restricted !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

How can we ' clean up' if we deny the 'dirt' ??????
BTW The ' emperor has no clothes'

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

How can we ' clean up' if we deny the 'dirt' ??????

I am cleaning up, constantly. I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I am "denying the dirt".

My life is practically dedicated to cleaning up the dirt, on a local level.

Every day I try to create something beautiful, usually out of materials that are bound for the landfill;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

When there is a crisis it's well known in my community that I do my part and then some;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today I spent 4 hours teaching a class of inner city kids (young adults) how to operate power tools.

It started with cleaning up the dirt in my mind, then cleaning up the dirt in my body.
Now I clean up dirt wherever I find it.

What are you doing to clean up the dirt?

edit on 4-11-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In most cases I strive do what's necessary to survive but not more than that, even in a material world such as ours I strive for peace and would rather to be optimistic once error and fault's been ruled out and the day is said and done. As individuals the grand majority of us are all tragically beautiful in our own unique rights. It's so shameful that in our society inner selves are so commonly suppressed by dogmas, poverty and hysteria. I too commonly try to balance that weight on my own shoulders...

Can't save the world because you need to get everybody on board with it and with the incredible diversity and number of humans, most people are in different stages of life with different needs all at the same time. Chaos and ignorance born each day, a single will cannot account for its influence.

Yet, I can't stand there and contribute to the problem by neglecting it so I try not to overstep my own personal aura into violating others and I try to be polite where possible. In my life experience, there is necessary evil and it truly hurts to have to go through with this necessary evil for survival. But life is better than death, and living is more interesting than nothingness.

OP. I am glad you are happy, please be well by all of us when you do find time to.
edit on 4-11-2013 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i am pretty dam happy because === i have taken all the stress out of my life .

kids - nope .
job- nope retired at 42 .
bills - next to none $900.00 has kept me for the last 9 months and i smoke and drink so that is half of it .
free rent less than $30 every 5 weeks in electricity .
hermit life style & loving it i gave up women at 42 as well .

not a care in the world these days

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'll share a secret.

Happiness has nothing to do with your optimism/cynicism. I feel more pain and negativity to the average human than pretty much anyone I personally know bar one person, and when I start talking about what's REALLY going on in my perception, people start to scratch their heads and drift away. This of course makes the whole situation worse.

That said, I have the ability to generate my own happiness. I can literally connect to it and feel it whenever I want. It's amazing. I can make it feel so good that I'm literally breathing heavily/jolting. I am in complete control of it. And being in this state makes me more open and better to other people (which, by the way, has helped not just me but them too, or so they say, but I'll take their word for it.)

I'm convinced that this is what all the New Age or even religious movements of the past have been getting at when they drone on and one about "love" and "rebirth" and things like that, but of course those words are cliches now which fail to actually get people to do it.

Recap: you can have no faith in the human race and still live inside with joy. (I think this is, after all, because we are dealing with things like brain chemicals and the like, which can be trained.)
edit on 4-11-2013 by LoveFurther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Strange thread

im glad that you're glad.

carry on then

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My partners father is a wise man and a highly successful botanist who came from a very poor and deprived back ground. In my darkest moments transitioning into an adulthood i onced asked him 'what makes you so happy and successful?'.

He simply smiled and spoke softly saying: 'the secret'.

I skeptically said, 'you mean that bloody stupid book?' He said, 'yes, although it's more than a book it's an idea, the book is simply an extension of that idea, that your thoughts create your reality'.

Since then i have followed this philosophy to the letter and have nothing but good things come my way. It seems at least in my own experience that the subconscious is far more powerful than we give it credit for. I think people dismiss such a simple concept and refuse to take control over their own happiness believing it to be finite impossible or simply not for them.

Being positive 95% of the time does take significant energy and can irritate others who are not of the same mind set.

Even having knowledge of the corrupt and sick working of this world should not stop one from reaching a safe but sincere level of happiness. Like someone here pointed out, there are times when your own happiness must come second to the heartache of others.

Otherwise i say carry on! You are the architect of your own future. No one else can truly tell you how and why that should be structured.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join