It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I always so happy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Serdgiam
Do you think duality is "wrong?"

It is not wrong, however being lost in it hurts like hell.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Is that universal? Or not?

Is "hurting like hell" bad?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

It could be genetic. I have several people in my life through marriage that are persistently happy, smile alll the time. Most of them live in halfway houses...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

tanda7
Why am I always so happy?

because ya have the brain damage.....there are many causes of the brain damage ,,chemical & other things effect the brain in many different ways

fortunately for you , it effected a region of your brain society approves of

edit on 2-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Serdgiam

Is "hurting like hell" bad?

There is either a seeking for relief or not. If there is no seeking then one has been found. If there is seeking then it seems there is more than one.
It is not right or wrong, not good or bad - it is what happens.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by tanda7

It could be genetic. I have several people in my life through marriage that are persistently happy, smile alll the time. Most of them live in halfway houses...
you never meet a lonely scitzo always somebody to keep them company .

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I agree - labels can be an issue but they serve a purpose.

When speaking of being happy it is important to think positive thoughts - or allow even "negative" ones to roll on through. This is not how the mind works though.

An extreme example:
A guy can be optimistic and then go to war - he may develop PTDS (overwhelming the minds ability to cope). With PTSD as an example there is a prolonged fight or flight response, or intense stress that isn't reconciled so remains - only to develop into PTSD. Brain chemistry is altered, and as a protective mechanism - to feel some sense of security, control, and competence in his abilities again, surviving becomes the priority. Because the stress of the events were beyond his coping capabilities (overwhelming - outside of his frame of reference), he may be unable to get back what he once had.

Injury to the mind is not like an injury to the body. With the body we set out to get it fixed so our physical capabilities are not impaired. The mind has ways around this. In this case, thinking positive could help or could hinder their healing - rendering them, at worst, psychologically crippled for life (denial that sets schemes of the event into place). Or it could be the thing that brings enough motivation to reach out - to understand what they are experiencing is normal, and taking steps to heal the mind . Mental injury is no more a character defect than a broken bone, yet the way people face the two injuries is miles apart in most cases.

Few know what to do (or have the motivation to take action), when forces such as chemicals, circumstances, or coping style are in opposition of happiness. Thinking positive can work in favor of good outcomes but there are times it can be a hindrance if one fails to acknowledge and reconcile the distressing things in life. In this case labels are very important. To say otherwise is to have not experienced anything as profound as shock to the mind. I know where you are going with your idea and appreciate the idealism of it. But if the mind worked like that everyone would do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

A kindred spirit! My wife gets on my case because she confuses my unchecked optimism for "not caring" about our situation. It's like people get upset when you don't panic with them and assume you aren't "concerned".

My only concern is when people start panicking and making life harder to navigate. Nothing is made easier by worry and panic.

It is nice to hear somebody speak like this. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Dianec
Thinking positive can work in favor of good outcomes but there are times it can be a hindrance if one fails to acknowledge and reconcile the distressing things in life. In this case labels are very important. To say otherwise is to have not experienced anything as profound as shock to the mind. I know where you are going with your idea and appreciate the idealism of it. But if the mind worked like that everyone would do it.

Thinking cannot be controlled and if one is suffering from PTSD one desperately wants control - it is a vicious circle. Battling with intrusive thoughts - like the man battling with the fly in the video - causes more thoughts of lack of control, feelings of helplessness as the thoughts refuse to be suppressed by will, anger and frustration appear.

I have suffered from depression and what I would consider PTSD and have found that the space between the thoughts and around thoughts is what saved me.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the input everyone.

I want to be clear about one or two things.

I don't live with blinders on. I try to constantly update my world view and my presence here is a testament to that fact.

I'm not emotionally detached. I see the tragedies of life all the time, sometimes up close, but when a tragedy occurs, the emotions quickly wash over me, I take a moment to experience those emotions, then I go into "repairman" mode.
I cry quite easily and I enjoy doing so, but I also have a reputation for being calm during a crisis. My hands don't shake when I'm dressing a wound.

I haven't always been this happy but I've had realizations along the way that have taught me the futility of indulging in negative emotions for too long. This may be way too simplistic for ATS sensibilities but I feel like life is too short and fragile to dwell on the negative, I make a decision then move on.

Our favorite post so far;
from Blowback

because ya have the brain damage
I love that answer, as a matter of fact that will be my answer the next time someone ask me why I'm so happy.
I will save so much time and frustration.

Mr. and Mrs. tanda will be laughing and calling each other brain damaged for the rest of the day.
edit on 2-11-2013 by tanda7 because: I have the brain damage!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If one can stay aware of the world but from a higher viewpoint of protecting their positivity, seeking to regain it if it slips in nature, with music, comedies and meditation, and project that energy out, then they're changing the world. Solutions to problems come from positive states. Sending Love energy to the leaders of this world who are actively harming us, takes away their weapons, it is stronger than any of their weapons including nuclear and scalar. Directing the force of our happy thoughts and love with intent is a very positive thing to do, sending Love and Peace to the world, to war countries, to our friends and family and to our leaders. Strive to be happy and SHINE as much as possible.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Driving along the other day I listened to some music on the radio and was struck by some beautiful lyrics by The Incredible String Band:

"I used to search for happiness, And I used to follow pleasure, But I've found a door behind my mind, And that's the greatest treasure...."

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

No I didn't mean a schitzo, more like the people who are always happy and smiling and usually rocking too. It may be easier in life to be mediocre or mentally slow, happy all the time for no reason. Perhaps intelligence is a curse.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Now that I can relate to. The people at the top have occult powers which seek to keep them from harm all the while able to wreak havoc on the lovers and the friends of life, love and nature.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I see you are new here, hehehehe... ah, time will have its way with you if you start looking into the rabbit hole long enough, I mean to say even sitting on the edge of the hole, compromising what you see as your reality (right now) will still affect you in time, no need to jump in, just sit safety by the side.

I used to agree with you wholeheartedly, but alas I suppose I jumped in burning the candles at both ends to get a closer view. It changes you.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by geobro

No I didn't mean a schitzo, more like the people who are always happy and smiling and usually rocking too. It may be easier in life to be mediocre or mentally slow, happy all the time for no reason. Perhaps intelligence is a curse.

I think you nailed it.

And schizos can be pretty damn smart.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Hehehe, I like your sense of humor.

Ok off to do some house work. La la la la la! (To George Winston Winter)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Optimism leads to disappointment; pessimism to pleasant surprise.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was able to beat 2 cancers and PTSD and going from 7 Rx meds to 2 by just changing My thinking. I worked in law enforcement both at the fed/state level and along w/a broken back/neck, I was diagnosed w/PTSD and hypertension and high cholesterol. My b.p. has spiked just recently due to a $$ centric family member and His shiester lawyer having My now deceased Father change a Trust while on His deathbed, 2 days prior to departure. (It must be working because I somehow was able to "steal" My Mom's jewelry from 3,000 miles away, ninja type fecal matter) and since I've discovered "B'day cake ice cream" my cholesterol has gone from 153 to 160 and My b.p. although now "spiked" is 104/71

It is ALL an illusion. You really are what You think. I started some meditation from YouTube™ videos after reading the TaoTeChing

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

edit on 11/2/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join