It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baptism and the Flood of Noah for Dummies - Beasts in the Water

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So let me get this straight. If you like what we have to say, you answer with actual substance. If you don't like what we have to say, then you hide behind your "mirror" thread which appears to have been posted specifically to thumb your nose at us while we fume behind the brick wall of ignorance you have erected as a shield.

This is quite literally a mockery of everything ATS stands for. I'm infuriated by the injustice.
edit on 3-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

9 times saying 'you'. Take it to the mirror. Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

When something of value is said about the OP, we can talk.

edit on 3-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only reason I mentioned "he" and "him" is because you somehow turned what I said about your theology into attacking you personally. You're the one that turned it into a discussion about you, not me.

I have discussed what you have asked. You are the one who asked us to provide scripture that could be denied, and once I did you assumed I was somehow attacking you personally. No, I am disputing the theology that you use to interpret the bible, it is flawed, that has nothing to do with you personally, so stop playing the victim here, you asked for it.

14 times saying 'you'. Again, the word baptism or Noah relate to the OP.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

wildtimes

We aren't ranting. YOU are ranting...about how "right" you are about everything. We have the 'right' to dispute your theology. YOU presented it, presumably for others to read and interpret....YOUR "truth." If we disagree, you consider it "ranting."

News flash: if your idea gets shot down, that IS speaking to the topic. It is not an assault on YOU. It is on your ideas and your PRESENTATION.

I never once spoke of myself as being right. I merely speak to the subject as I see it.

11 times saying 'you'.

The subject here is baptism. The mirror you can speak to his here: Rant away...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

wildtimes

We aren't ranting. YOU are ranting...about how "right" you are about everything. We have the 'right' to dispute your theology. YOU presented it, presumably for others to read and interpret....YOUR "truth." If we disagree, you consider it "ranting."

News flash: if your idea gets shot down, that IS speaking to the topic. It is not an assault on YOU. It is on your ideas and your PRESENTATION.

Here is a little known fact about Alice in Wonderland and Snow White. In each story, the main character is speaking to their subconscious. The subconscious tells them what they want to hear (like the mirror on the wall) until the voice eventually tells them the truth. In most stories, this line of reasoning is a main theme. Depending on which side of truth the character leans toward, the story ends happily or sad for the main character. Listening to the truth is always the best option when examining yourself in a mirror. This is one of the values we get here on ATS by looking through the window at someone else. We see ourselves.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I never once spoke of myself as being right. I merely speak to the subject as I see it.

Oh, please.

Dude.

C'mon!! WE ARE NOT SCHOOL CHILDREN WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ MUSIC YET!!!

You refer to readers as "Dummies", and you claim incessantly that you have the TRUTH, and that we are all IGNORANT. And you KNOW IT. STOP treating people like idiots.

You've been politely 'chastised' for using "Dummies" in your threads...it isn't cute, or funny, or even a "pun." It's insulting (not just vaguely anymore) - and it REEKS of "Superiority". Are you telling me you honestly don't recognize this??

I don't believe in the "flood of Noah", and I don't believe "Baptism" is required for "salvation." But I am offended by your blanket use of "for Dummies." Desist.
edit on 11/3/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If this thread is about baptism, why did you change it into a debate on the bible's accuracy by asking for any scripture that could be denied as true?

Now that we have brought up scripture that can be labeled as untrue, you back track back to the original topic, something I addressed in my original post but you failed to acknowledge or even try to discuss. You are not looking for discussion, only to show how right you are.

This thread wasn't about you until you started to play the victim Enoch.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Enoch, why are you ignoring our evidence? We've proven your thread is based on lies. I can show you again if you want me to.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

11 times saying 'you'.

And HOW MANY TIMES SAYING 'for Dummies'?

Mark of the Beast for Dummies

Who is Adam - Son of God for Dummies

Overcoming Babylon for Dummies

Global Financial Meltdown for Dummies

Mankind and Adam - Origens for Dummies

Salvation for Dummies

Communication with God for Dummies

Egypt for Dummies

The Universe is a Hologram for Dummies - God's Image and Creation

Suffering for Dummies - The way to a happier life...

Amnesia / Amnesty for Dummies

To stop being dumb, don't ignore truth. Denying God is ignorance. Let it be said that ATS is a place to deny ignorance with Truth. AMEN!

NOW do you see it?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

wildtimes

Oh, please.

Dude.

C'mon!! WE ARE NOT SCHOOL CHILDREN WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ MUSIC YET!!!

You refer to readers as "Dummies", and you claim incessantly that you have the TRUTH, and that we are all IGNORANT. And you KNOW IT. STOP treating people like idiots.

You've been politely 'chastised' for using "Dummies" in your threads...it isn't cute, or funny, or even a "pun." It's insulting (not just vaguely anymore) - and it REEKS of "Superiority". Are you telling me you honestly don't recognize this??

I don't believe in the "flood of Noah", and I don't believe "Baptism" is required for "salvation." But I am offended by your blanket use of "for Dummies." Desist.

An opinion of me does not constitute an argument for or against the OP. As for baptism, I agree with what you say. It does not save. It is the catalyst in the water for Word to be experienced. The Living Word saves. He is the way, truth and life.

Christ is the Word.

Speak to the subject only. Think of me how you wish. I can accept your opinion, but this does nothing to serve well toward debate. There is a mirror for this.

Mirror...

Yell at it all you like.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yet Paul says clearly that rulers do not bear the sword against those who are good. He says it clear as day, you are just choosing to ignore it. Denial.

If rulers don't bear the sword against those who do good (as Paul clearly says), then why did they persecute and kill thousands of Christians who spread and believed the truth? Is believing and spreading the truth a bad thing? Were the Roman rulers of the time bearing the sword against only wrongdoers as Paul clearly states as fact?

Were the Christians good or bad? If good, why were the rulers bearing their swords and killing them like Paul said they wouldn't?

You're using a red herring to avoid the issue.

I'm not using a red herring. None of us are good. If you ever read the scriptures from front to back you should know these things. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. These bodies we are in cannot be redeemed, that is why they must be destroyed by death, or changed by the Lord at the first shofar blast of Rosh HaShana.

Romans 3:10-18

10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13 “Their throat is an open tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”; [c]
“The poison of asps is under their lips”; [d]
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”[e]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.”[f]
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[g]

If we were good we wouldn't need Jesus to pay our sin debt for the things we do wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Speak to the subject only. Think of me how you wish. I can accept your opinion, but this does nothing to serve well toward debate. There is a mirror for this.

Mirror...

Yell at it all you like.

STOP POINTING US TO YOUR OTHER THREAD IN "RANT"!!!

You don't WANT a "debate" -- not at all. You want to "enlighten" all of us "Dummies," believing you know THE TRUTH.

Ugh. I'm done here. You are being impossible.
*facepalm*

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

If this thread is about baptism, why did you change it into a debate on the bible's accuracy by asking for any scripture that could be denied as true?

Now that we have brought up scripture that can be labeled as untrue, you back track back to the original topic, something I addressed in my original post but you failed to acknowledge or even try to discuss. You are not looking for discussion, only to show how right you are.

This thread wasn't about you until you started to play the victim Enoch.

Tell the Mirror. It will listen.

I invited you to make a thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Enoch, why are you ignoring our evidence? We've proven your thread is based on lies. I can show you again if you want me to.

It's okay if you do not believe in what I have outlined. Really. I am okay with it if you would rather say it once.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

wildtimes

11 times saying 'you'.

And HOW MANY TIMES SAYING 'for Dummies'?

Mark of the Beast for Dummies

Who is Adam - Son of God for Dummies

Overcoming Babylon for Dummies

Global Financial Meltdown for Dummies

Mankind and Adam - Origens for Dummies

Salvation for Dummies

Communication with God for Dummies

Egypt for Dummies

The Universe is a Hologram for Dummies - God's Image and Creation

Suffering for Dummies - The way to a happier life...

Amnesia / Amnesty for Dummies

To stop being dumb, don't ignore truth. Denying God is ignorance. Let it be said that ATS is a place to deny ignorance with Truth. AMEN!

NOW do you see it?

Some people like a simple version.

Clearly, you do not value the thread. You have made it clear. Share something of the subject and we will know why.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

wildtimes

Mirror...

Yell at it all you like.

STOP POINTING US TO YOUR OTHER THREAD IN "RANT"!!!

You don't WANT a "debate" -- not at all. You want to "enlighten" all of us "Dummies," believing you know THE TRUTH.

Ugh. I'm done here. You are being impossible.
*facepalm*

Did you have something to say about the thread you are in?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yet Paul says clearly that rulers do not bear the sword against those who are good. He says it clear as day, you are just choosing to ignore it. Denial.

If rulers don't bear the sword against those who do good (as Paul clearly says), then why did they persecute and kill thousands of Christians who spread and believed the truth? Is believing and spreading the truth a bad thing? Were the Roman rulers of the time bearing the sword against only wrongdoers as Paul clearly states as fact?

Were the Christians good or bad? If good, why were the rulers bearing their swords and killing them like Paul said they wouldn't?

You're using a red herring to avoid the issue.

I'm not using a red herring. None of us are good. If you ever read the scriptures from front to back you should know these things. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. These bodies we are in cannot be redeemed, that is why they must be destroyed by death, or changed by the Lord at the first shofar blast of Rosh HaShana.

Romans 3:10-18

10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13 “Their throat is an open tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”; [c]
“The poison of asps is under their lips”; [d]
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”[e]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.”[f]
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[g]

If we were good we wouldn't need Jesus to pay our sin debt for the things we do wrong.

I see myself in those words. I am a sinner. Because of this, I greatly value God sending the flood to save us. For so many years, mankind has see the flood as genocide of those God removed. In reality, the flood is a blessing and mercy toward those he saves. All are welcomed to the ARK, which is Christ.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

edit on 11/3/13 by wildtimes because: DONE HERE

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

wildtimes

The entire "subject" -- in all of your threads -- is you claiming to have The Truth, and how everyone else are "dummies."

THAT is my problem with the thread.

Do you disagree that ignorance is denying truth? I would assume that you know that people ignore truth in place of false assumptions and fallacious thinking. My comments above show the truth. A person who is dumb has no voice. Why? Truth is the only voice that speaks well of what is true. Learning to speak requires that we overcome ignorance. ATS is a place to give voice to the dumb, but only with the words of truth. AMEN means true.

You are welcome to voice a true value to the subject, but condemning me takes your voice away. As I showed you, the mirror is what you need. See clearly by examining yourself first. If you wish to examine the subject, then feel free. It is what we are here to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Do you disagree that ignorance is denying truth?
Yes, I disagree. "Ignorance" is being UNAWARE.

I would assume that you know that people ignore truth in place of false assumptions and fallacious thinking.

Well, isn't that refreshing!!

Yes, I know that people ignore truth in the place of false assumptions because they are ENTRENCHED in what they "think" they know.

My comments above show the truth.

No, your comments show YOUR OPINION. Your TONE also shows YOUR OPINION --- of others. You keep trying to couch it in platitudes like "some people like it simple" and "I was talking about myself" and so forth....but your threads are STILL just YOUR OPINION, which you hold in higher esteem than the opinions of anyone else (hence, they are "Dummies").

Yeah, keep it up...Keep telling people they have "fallacious thinking", and that YOU ALONE are the fountain of knowledge....that YOU ALONE get it, and know The Truth. Great way to win friends and influence people.
/sarcasm

Erm, NOT.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

wildtimes

Do you disagree that ignorance is denying truth?
Yes, I disagree. "Ignorance" is being UNAWARE.

I would assume that you know that people ignore truth in place of false assumptions and fallacious thinking.

Well, isn't that refreshing!!

Yes, I know that people ignore truth in the place of false assumptions because they are ENTRENCHED in what they "think" they know.

My comments above show the truth.

No, your comments show YOUR OPINION. Your TONE also shows YOUR OPINION --- of others. You keep trying to couch it in platitudes like "some people like it simple" and "I was talking about myself" and so forth....but your threads are STILL just YOUR OPINION, which you hold in higher esteem than the opinions of anyone else (hence, they are "Dummies").

Yeah, keep it up...Keep telling people they have "fallacious thinking", and that YOU ALONE are the fountain of knowledge....that YOU ALONE get it, and know The Truth. Great way to win friends and influence people.
/sarcasm

Erm, NOT.

The OP is my position on the subject, which is based on scripture and faith in what scripture says about God. This is my foundation. Your foundation, so far, has been expressed as a position against me. Can you express your view of the thread's subject without speaking of me? Further, what would your foundation of thought rest upon?

I really don't think you are having trouble with me here. As I suggested to Afterinfinity and 3NL, poke holes in the foundation. It is the subject of the thread. I am merely relating the message from the platform I stand on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join