It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baptism and the Flood of Noah for Dummies - Beasts in the Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Although it is true I write these threads to be read by others, I mainly write them concerning myself. These are breadcrumbs on the trail of life. Ignorance is ignoring truth. I assume many people have trouble facing their own ignorance. I face it openly. You can't know the error in another unless you first see it in yourself.

Well!
Okay, then! That explains a lot.

Thanks for sharing.
By the way, I don't for one nanosecond agree to the Prayer of Humble Access.
To wit:

We do not presume to come to this thy Table, O merciful Lord, trusting in our own righteousness, but in thy manifold and great mercies. We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under thy Table. But thou art the same Lord, whose property is always to have mercy: Grant us therefore, gracious Lord, so to eat the flesh of thy dear Son Jesus Christ, and to drink his blood, that our sinful bodies may be made clean by his body, and our souls washed through his most precious blood, and that we may evermore dwell in him, and he in us. Amen.

Oh, and this one, too:

Most merciful God,
we confess that we have sinned against you
in thought, word, and deed,
by what we have done,
and by what we have left undone.
We have not loved you with our whole heart;
we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We are truly sorry and we
humbly repent. For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ,
have mercy on us and forgive us;
that we may delight in your will,
and walk in your ways,
to the glory of your Name. Amen.

As a little girl......having to recite these things.....my question was:
What the hell did I do? NOT do? Why am I unworthy of crumbs off the floor?

Oh well. My own 'cross' to bear, I guess. It just, well.....damaged me.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Amazing to see you here after I just linked one of your posts in response to his challenge above.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

EnochWasRight

AfterInfinity

Why is the bible the highest axiom?

Pick a passage claiming a truth. Deny it if it is false. Your answer comes from the fact you cannot find a passage that is not true.

edit on 2-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

How about Romans 13?

Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Tell me how this is true today. Are our leaders agents of God who do good?

You are missing the reason we obey.

1 Peter 2

13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Why? Satan is given authority to rule. Why? The saints will be the meek of this age. Why are they instructed to follow the authority of a corrupt system? Because light reveals what it hits. We are in bondage to Egypt for a reason. We are slaves to a cruel master for a reason. It is the rulers that should be asking why they are in places of authority.

Think it through. Who were the fallen in Genesis 6? Where did they go? Who are the sons of light? Read this document.

Eyes Wide Open

There is a story behind our story. The Bible reveals this as a struggle between the darkness and light. While the darkness rules, the light is revealed. As the light shines in weakness, the darkness is exposed. It is a destiny that is revealed in the Bible as a judgment against those who reveal themselves in the open. They do not realize the facts of who they are. God already knows. The experience crystallizes the truth in the minds of both the wicked and righteous alike. God allows this to make his judgment clear. Remember, we are known already.

Enoch One

1.1 These are the words of the blessing of Enoch; according to which he
blessed the chosen and righteous who must be present on the day of
distress, which is appointed, for the removal of all the wicked and impious.
1.2 And Enoch began his story and said: -
There was a righteous man whose eyes were opened by the Lord, and he
saw a Holy vision in the Heavens, which the Angels showed to me. And I
heard everything from them, and I understood what I saw: but not for this
generation, but for a distant generation that will come

The wicked and righteous must be together. Who rules now? Who is being shown what the wicked are all about? The entire book of Enoch is a framework for his opening statement.

Acts 24

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

You are asking why we should turn the other cheek. There is a reason. Paul knew that BOTH the righteous and wicked would be raised to become evident to each other by nature. God will judge the wicked. How will the righteous know that his judgement are true? Easy. We are ruled by them and experience their deceit.

While this happens, endure.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't forget my post. Its on this page. I wouldn't want you to miss it. I'm interested to see how you justify your position.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Check my posts above. I answered your challenge. Your move now. Make it count. And don't just ignore me either.

Your link went to a Wildtimes post. Make a new thread with your challenge and I will answer it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So many people here on ATS seem to be against the easily discerned information in the Bible, yet they never come out and say what they really think.

Yes, Ed. WE DO come out and say what we really think.

If it is so 'easily discerned', then why do you feel compelled to title your threads "for Dummies"? You obviously DO have a 'superior'ity complex. The Bible is NOT the be-all and end-all of humanity. Sorry, but....

no.

I wish you no ill, nor harm, but....merely hope that you will place yourself on the same playing-field as the rest of us: We just don't know. Period.

We don't.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You're ignoring the most important part of the passage.

Romans 13
3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Who do rulers hold terror for, the good or the bad? Read Mark 3:26 for your answer. They hold terror for the good and always have, even in the time that this epistle was written. Hell, Rome was persecuting Christians at the time of this epistle being written as well! I guess those Christians were bad people huh? Even Paul himself persecuted them on behalf of the Roman empire!

If they are Satan's minions, then why does this passage state that they are God's agents for our good? How is anything they do today for our good?

You ignored the most important parts of the passage, for good reason too, because they are absolutely NOT true in any way.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're ignoring the most important part of the passage.

Romans 13
3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Who do rulers hold terror for, the good or the bad? Read Mark 3:26 for your answer. They hold terror for the good and always have, even in the time that this epistle was written. Hell, Rome was persecuting Christians at the time of this epistle being written as well! I guess those Christians were bad people huh? Even Paul himself persecuted them on behalf of the Roman empire!

If they are Satan's minions, then why does this passage state that they are God's agents for our good? How is anything they do today for our good?

You ignored the most important parts of the passage, for good reason too, because they are absolutely NOT true in any way.

I answered it correctly. Read the end.

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

The Day Is Near

11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Again, we are all in the place that suits us best. It is the night (Time of Darkness). The light comes when the saints rule the wicked in judgment from what came before. Again, there is a reason we turn the other cheek. As he says, love fulfills all law, even those made by men.

Light reveals what it hits. Light will come and all things will be revealed. All things will be known, even when a ruler denies justice to a saint who turns the other cheek.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Because Wildtimes always raises excellent points and you are intimidated by the quality of her research? There is nothing wrong with her post. Stop making excuses and answer it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You told me to prove a passage wrong. This is me proving several chapters wrong. Lets see some of that righteous self-confidence that spawned this thread. But this time, lets see it earn its keep.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Your link went to a Wildtimes post. Make a new thread with your challenge and I will answer it.

THAT is a cop out.

The "Wildtimes" post was a repeat (forward) of a FlyersFan post that included several pertinent links.

You're just going to ignore it because it was 'second hand'?

Ironic. Interestingly ironic.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I knew it would prove useful. Now if only we could get some actual responses...that would be peachy.
edit on 2-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

wildtimes

THAT is a cop out.

The "Wildtimes" post was a repeat (forward) of a FlyersFan post that included several pertinent links.

You're just going to ignore it because it was 'second hand'?

Ironic. Interestingly ironic.

I will answer it when it is in a thread dedicated to the topic. I will not derail the other threads or my own thread with a new topic. As I said, post it in a new thread and we'll address it as a discussion on topic of individual character. This is what the Terms and Conditions of ATS outline. It is the respectful thing to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Evidently, your research frightens him.

Nah.

Meh....thanks all the same, but.....all I do is read whatever I can lay my eyes on....

I'm not presuming to judge Ed. I'm only trying to provide feedback and input. The "for Dummies" thing is off-putting. That's all I'm trying to say. (Thanks for linking my post - but FF deserves the credit for it!)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I will answer it when it is in a thread dedicated to the topic.

WHICH "topic"? It was a post in a thread that is still ongoing....in this forum.

What would you like the thread "title" to be so it is fit for your response?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

wildtimes

I will answer it when it is in a thread dedicated to the topic.

WHICH "topic"? It was a post in a thread that is still ongoing....in this forum.

What would you like the thread "title" to be so it is fit for your response?

The Highest Axiom for Dummies

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here you go, Ed:
What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

That's the thread. Please, I'd like very much for you to participate.

Take your time reading through it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You claim the Bible is the highest axiom and I challenged that statement. You have the link to the post providing, in part, the foundation of my challenge. You can respond to it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you decide not to respond, I will take it as admission of your inability to defend your statement. Which, of course, invalidates it. In public eye. Your choice.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Darn it wild....

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

wildtimes
Here you go, Ed:
What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

That's the thread. Please, I'd like very much for you to participate.

Take your time reading through it.

I have already participated in this thread. As it is 41 pages long, a new thread on the challenge topic would be more likely to keep from derailing.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What! What did I do now????

@Ed:

It doesn't really matter how many pages it is....
you asked for a separate thread: so, make one.

ETA: Oh, I see this is your proposed (preferred) thread title:

The Highest Axiom for Dummies

Then, fine. Go, you!!!

(Expect people to be disenchanted by calling them "Dummies". That is all the advice I have to offer. Sorry for derailing your thread here.)

Carry on, then.

edit on 11/2/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join