It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Cuts Starting NOV 1 Will Leave 47 Million Families Hungrier

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Xtrozero

ldyserenity

I've spent time late night fishing to feed my family without a license to fish and even told the gaming authority why, guess what they left us to it! They let us fish to feed our family even though we have no licenses. We provided. As well, I know tshtf soon so I want to get bows and arrows and start hunting. Here you can hunt on family or your own property without a game license. We have wild turkey at some family's homes. So I'd be in my glory I love turkey a lot more than fish!!!
edit on 3-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: the not he lol

A big problem in America is our poor are also FAT! This is not a sign of starving people, but a sign of people who eat junk food 3 or 4 times a day. Junk food is also expensive, so lets look at real food. Another problem is our portion sizes is about 5 times larger than the rest of the world. In the 50s a Big Mac was the size of a child meal today, as example.

100lbs bag of rice/beans: about 40 bucks, feed a family of 4 for months...20 bucks a month
Case of veggies, 24: about 30 cents a can 48 cans ..............................15 bucks a month
Chicken 1.30 a pound 20lbs+ 15 days...............................................30 bucks a month
Hamburger meat 2.20 a pound 20lbs+ 15 days...................................50 bucks a month
Can soups for meals and dishes 60 cents a can 20+ cans........................15 bucks a month
milk 2.50 a gallon 2 gallons per week..............................................20 bucks a month

This is what 150 EBT card can get you per month. Once again people do not use it wisely, don't fish
, don't look for other ways to help, eat expensive process foods/fast foods.

I live well, make good money with little worries, but a typical meal my wife makes is chicken/meat chunks with some kind of sauce over rice with veggies on the side. Kids love it....

edit on 3-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

Love to know where you shop lol can't buy that here lol. There are no case deals on anything lol. Even Walmart is. 77 on can goods here and they have no 100 pound bag of anything. Lol

Honest, I am overweight, but it is not because I eat junk food. It is because I am unable to exercise. Despite sugar levels out of wack I don't eat but one meal a day. I would love to be able to both exercise and eat more, neither realistically going to be able to happen.

There are only two stores within forty miles and neither have anything remotely close to your list. I also asked if I could order large bag and they said no, what you see is what you get lol.

The Bot

<< 3  4  5   >>

join