It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Cuts Starting NOV 1 Will Leave 47 Million Families Hungrier

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yup, I still feel that if you birth a crack baby you should lose your child/ren for life IDGAF what excuses they make. I am somebody who worked hard worked my ass off and the state took everything from me because I WASN't ON HELP and couldn't afford car insurance they took everything including my kids and I NEVER EVER ABUSED DRUGS OR HURT MY KIDS OR USED STATE HELP at that time...they took my kids for BS reasons that was because they made sure I couldn't get to work because of the fines and loss of my vehicle then compounded all kinds of fines simply because I was poor couldn't afford car insurance. SO they stopped me from even having a way to work, every area of my life they attacked, that they could possibly attack And I was an Army Veteran, with high IQ who busted my ass and they made my life a living hell meanwhile there were crack babies going home with their parents!!! It makes me so freaking angry they made (The state) MY LIFE HELL FOR NO REASON!!! Why?? To this day I haven't a damn clue. What had I done up to that point I tried to turn in a welfare abuser (That's one thing that you cannot anonymously do, you HAVE to give all your information to them) No lie that is what I did because I got sick of my boyfriend's kids coming over dirty, in dirty clothes, no shoes, diaper rash all over the legs and butt, and starving (Their mother was abusing welfare selling the stamps so she could gallivant with her new bf in NYC) I turned her in to the people on the website that one poster left and turned on the floodgates for them to constantly harass ME!!!! This is the only thing I can correlate to me being harassed...and guess what? She was never ever investigated. Even turned her in again through Philly when I moved out of state when I found her and my bf's daughter got abused and molested, and even turned her in from Florida when I moved there... of course anytime I turned her in, it was flagged probably anyway but even my BF turned her in finally and still to date NO INVESTIGATION!!! Others turned her in too like neighbors of theirs and friend of mine who'd been over to see, my bf mother who's passed away now, a LOT of people turned her in she still scamming the system having had another baby since my BF two with her are now adults!!!
edit on 3-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

If you knew anything about the legislation that food stamps come from, then you would know that the democrats AND the republicans have been blocking the tabling of a new Farm Bill. They have voted on a continuing resolution for the farm bill the past 2 years.

If the honey pot doesnt get bigger, but more baby bears are born daily to eat their share of the honey, then they all get just a little bit less honey.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

here's a website that gives a clear picture
www.cbpp.org...

seems that food stamp usage rose when the recession came into play, then slowly went down as more people found jobs...and working with congress, (republicans hate this) president Obama in feb. of 2012 signed into law restricting use of EBT cards, with jail time and fines for abuse.
edit on 3-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It's funny how abuse is never ever investigated though...
True story you can tell them till you're blue in the face and they refuse to ever investigate much less uphold the laws.

Truly that is not helping what they need to do is starve these people...the ones who truly need help may have to suffer, but in the grand picture I can see no other way to fix this severely broken system then to pull the darn plug, I'm sorry I have to say it, but it's the only way I see as actually weeding out the garbage from our midst.
edit on 3-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

dlbott

No offense, it is a common problem with Americans. Most go to church on Sunday and give that amount to help feed the starving i Africa or wherever but never realize the person in the seat behind them is so in distress because they don't know how to feed their family.

Do you actually go to church? Is this something you witness every Sunday? I don't go to church but I do know though my involvement with my friends that do that most put a lot of effort into their communities, including food and clothing.

YOU TELL ME how will they make 150 make it for a month for family of four, what do they give up, utilities, house payment, car insurance. So many suffer, and I mean suffer, in silence, they have swallowed every ounce of pride they had to ask the government for help. They seem to take all that you are, know everything about your life, it is humbling to go through the process and then to be told hey just make it with this you will be OK.

YOU TELL ME what did we do before 1972 when the federal food stamps program started? First thing you need to realize is the Government doesn't care about you individually. They look at big numbers but do not have a clue who you are.

Also, the food program is to offset the cost of food, not to pay for all food. Your little example above seems to be lacking one point that someone needs to work, and that isn't even correct in many states where welfare exceeds many people's work pay.

And to hear people say they can make it up somewhere, it just takes your spirit away. I know people who are hungry and there is hardly anything I can do. I have more than most but am raising a granddaughter and am right there with the rest. You pay your bills that must be paid and then there is no more for food and things like dentist. My granddaughter has the braces she needs but I have four broken teeth in my mouth and the wife needs work too.

You know people who are hungry? THEN FEED THEM!! I do. Buy them a 50 pound bag of rice or beans, case of can veggies or something, basic food is not that hard to afford. BTW where do you live? Do you know that if you and your wife went to a dentist in Mexico you can get great dental work done for about 20% of the cost of the typical copay of 50% of the bill? A crown cost me 500 dollars for my copay, one in Mexico is around 100 dollars and just as good.

She has no insurance yet and the free help in rural America is not so good. We know the battle these people are fighting to survive and they are good hard working god fearing people who don't want hand outs. You go and tell that family of four how to Make it with 100 to 150 for whole month.

I'm missing your point on the 100 to 150 a month? Are you saying that is all they get? Nothing more comes into the home but that?

Once again, sad story I agree, but they have a better chance of doing better within their own community and not with handouts from the Government. We should go back to Government food stores where they give real food basics instead of EBT cards. The waste and fraud of those cards could feed all the hungry in America 10 times over.

So let me tell you a story about Government....

In Portland they had a great program where leftover food from about 50 restaurants/hotels was given to soup kitchens to feed the poor/homeless about 3 times a week. The City shut it down stating it didn't meet regulations....like eating out of a garbage can does...

YOUR GOVERMENT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU! They want you dependent on them, when churches and social minded people feed their community the Government looses that control, and they don't like that. Now they can use your EBT card as fear...vote for me or you will lose your free money etc... The OP already has that attitude deep in their post....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

ldyserenity

Truly that is not helping what they need to do is starve these people...the ones who truly need help may have to suffer, but in the grand picture I can see no other way to fix this severely broken system then to pull the darn plug, I'm sorry I have to say it, but it's the only way I see as actually weeding out the garbage from our midst.

I can buy EBT cards 30 cents on the dollar, or less..... If I had a family of 4 and I was on the program I would buy the crack user's card with a little cash and subsidize real food for my family real cheap....

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Xtrozero

ldyserenity

I can buy EBT cards 30 cents on the dollar, or less..... If I had a family of 4 and I was on the program I would buy the crack user's card with a little cash and subsidize real food for my family real cheap....

It's just as wrong for the buyers and yes they can be prosecuted, more often than not, they're the ones who do get prosecuted while the Succubi never do...it just compounds the situation. If it wasn't there to begin with, this wouldn't be an issue.

We're on the same side. I think they should just cut it off completely.
Those who can't provide should lose their children. Period!

I've spent time late night fishing to feed my family without a license to fish and even told the gaming authority why, guess what they left us to it! They let us fish to feed our family even though we have no licenses. We provided. As well, I know tshtf soon so I want to get bows and arrows and start hunting. Here you can hunt on family or your own property without a game license. We have wild turkey at some family's homes. So I'd be in my glory I love turkey a lot more than fish!!!
edit on 3-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: the not he lol

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

One thing I have noticed in my neck of the woods is that the children that are in very bad environment, extreme poverty, and have health problems due to mothers that are dependent of drugs or born to them, are left to be dealt with by the families.

But when the children are healthy and from a clean environment but that become targets to the services they have no problem removing them.

This bring the issue of race, in many instances children from black background are not view the same as children from any other racial background.

I always believe that we should help those that are in need and I have done my fair share of helping but the waste and abuse by those that are lifetime welfare recipients takes away from those that needs the programs the most.

The solution the government have is to punish everybody regardless, or reward them, because is not resources and an neither manpower to address each single case base on their priority of needs.

Welfare has become one of those mammoth programs that nobody knows what to do with it, the easier way is to just keep throwing money to it and then claim that they are helping.

Because after all is a political tool.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Here in my neck of the woods you can get a 150 dollar card for 70 to 100 dollars, now you see why since this cards became part of the government waste and abuse they are so popular and the favorite business of those with shady backgrounds.

Is a big underground trade of this cards.

What the government is doing about it?, like another poster said no government will touch the issue, they rather allow the waste and abuse.

And then we most hear that people have been cut on the program and the littler children will starve.

The irony.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

marg6043

One thing I have noticed in my neck of the woods is that the children that are in very bad environment, extreme poverty, and have health problems due to mothers that are dependent of drugs or born to them, are left to be dealt with by the families.

But when the children are healthy and from a clean environment but that become targets to the services they have no problem removing them.

This bring the issue of race, in many instances children from black background are not view the same as children from any other racial background.

I always believe that we should help those that are in need and I have done my fair share of helping but the waste and abuse by those that are lifetime welfare recipients takes away from those that needs the programs the most.

The solution the government have is to punish everybody regardless, or reward them, because is not resources and an neither manpower to address each single case base on their priority of needs.

Welfare has become one of those mammoth programs that nobody knows what to do with it, the easier way is to just keep throwing money to it and then claim that they are helping.

Because after all is a political tool.

EXACTLY!!!
There's the conundrum, there's no doubt some people need the help and there's no doubt that there are a greater number of abuses everyday.

SO we need to end it, and as a community take care (NOT THE GOVERNMENT BUT NEIGHBORHOODS) pull together and help those who truly are in need. Starting a community garden is one way, offering help like job services to them, counseling, day care, and between that and a community garden, they should not need help from the government. Sadly a lot of people don't care about community anymore. I mean even I like to be private and stay to myself but if a neighbor asked me for help I will help them, I just don't really want to hang out socialize with them...but maybe if there was a more community feel that would change with me.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

While that is the way I grew up and the way things used to be 30 or 40 years ago, the government intruding on the peoples rights has prompted regulations of everything, because after all in a nation that everything is for profits, we can not have people going around taking away the business of the big interest and entrepreneurs.

Sad isn't it.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm all for helping people that deserve and actually need the help. I fully believe that we should care for our elderly, our disabled, and of course little children that have no choice or voice in this world.

We should be caring for those that can't help themselves, or those that need a helping hand to get on their feet, its when we are caring for those who won't, that's when I have a problem.

I know a group of people here, a guy, and two women. At one point, they actually all lived together in some sort of dysfunctional, poly-amorous, abusive, love triangle.

Woman 1 has an older boy that's being raised by her mother, a set of identical triplets with the guy, followed by another baby with the same guy.

Woman 2 has an older girl that's being raised by someone else, a boy with the guy, and two more kids after. She also miscarried twins.

So the guy has a boy who is 6, a daughter who is 4, the triplet boys that are 3, the baby with the triplets mom who is probably 2 now, and allegedly has a few other kids out there. So that is a minimum of six kids for him under the age of 6. The miscarried twins were his as well. He has NEVER paid a dime in child support, ever. The mothers still don't go after him because they know there is little point.

So at one point, the three people and at least 9 of the kids were living together. They got about 1400 in food stamps per month, WIC for all the kids under the age of five (both women were getting the maximum of both programs), their rent was paid by the state, and their utilities paid, full medical coverage for all aside from the guy, and the guy... well, he got to hop from bed to bed as much as he wanted. No one worked, the house was disgusting, the kids were always dirty, there was fist fighting happening between the adults... it was really, really bad.

And yet.... the women always had their nails done, hair professionally colored and cut, iPhones, cable, etc.

THAT is my problem with the system. You can have a crazy amount of kids with just whoever, live in a situation that would make Jerry Springer cringe, you don't have to hold a job or pay child support AND you can eat better than the average American all while getting free/very low rent and free utilities.

And all the while... Working households get almost nothing in comparison. Those that ARE trying to help themselves, and are completely deserving of a helping hand, get screwed. The system gives the greatest reward to those who do the least and that is why the system is horribly flawed.

(These people were reported by their own families and nothing was ever done about any of it)

So, understand that I'm not cold or uncaring (as some have alluded to), I'm not against food stamps or assistance, I'm against the misuse and abuse of the system. I don't think deserving families should see cuts. However, I'm not sorry that abusers like these are seeing less each month (but I do feel horrible for the kids just to be clear).

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

ldyserenity

I've spent time late night fishing to feed my family without a license to fish and even told the gaming authority why, guess what they left us to it! They let us fish to feed our family even though we have no licenses. We provided. As well, I know tshtf soon so I want to get bows and arrows and start hunting. Here you can hunt on family or your own property without a game license. We have wild turkey at some family's homes. So I'd be in my glory I love turkey a lot more than fish!!!
edit on 3-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: the not he lol

A big problem in America is our poor are also FAT! This is not a sign of starving people, but a sign of people who eat junk food 3 or 4 times a day. Junk food is also expensive, so lets look at real food. Another problem is our portion sizes is about 5 times larger than the rest of the world. In the 50s a Big Mac was the size of a child meal today, as example.

100lbs bag of rice/beans: about 40 bucks, feed a family of 4 for months...20 bucks a month
Case of veggies, 24: about 30 cents a can 48 cans ..............................15 bucks a month
Chicken 1.30 a pound 20lbs+ 15 days...............................................30 bucks a month
Hamburger meat 2.20 a pound 20lbs+ 15 days...................................50 bucks a month
Can soups for meals and dishes 60 cents a can 20+ cans........................15 bucks a month
milk 2.50 a gallon 2 gallons per week..............................................20 bucks a month

This is what 150 EBT card can get you per month. Once again people do not use it wisely, don't fish
, don't look for other ways to help, eat expensive process foods/fast foods.

I live well, make good money with little worries, but a typical meal my wife makes is chicken/meat chunks with some kind of sauce over rice with veggies on the side. Kids love it....

edit on 3-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

That's what is the most sickening that they never investigate the allegations of fraud.
I am totally against the whole system, unlike you, however...and here's why, I think that when other humans see someone that's really struggling and having troubles with financial issues, we tend to help, but the ones that are not attempting to do anything, we'd pity the children and help the children but NOT the household. I think if we went back to no handouts it would self regulate with us helping those who are in need and letting the others, well suck it up!!! I think we as humans would fill in the gaps because most of us would be empathetic since we have gone through tough times ourselves/have struggled. Of course the very rich could give a darn about anyone in the USA but leave them to help the starving African continent, which is what they mostly do anyway. Stop governmental help with them as well.

I think anytime government is involved, we end up getting screwed to the core. I used to think that it wouldn't self regulate, but I now think that I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Oh I agree, I went fishing as at the time we had absolutely no income. I grew veggies and had rice (from pantry at church) and fished that was our meals almost every night. We went via motorcycle cause it was less on fuel. While our children were at a family members or there was someone from the family at our place watching them for the night. I agree that those on stamps can do it and choose not to, I'm stating that if they removed food stamps then they can do this. That was what I was saying.

To be clear I think there's no excuse for anybody to use it with a little ingenuity, people can survive since we had for thousands of years without it.
edit on 3-11-2013 by ldyserenity because: nm

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

ldyserenity

I think anytime government is involved, we end up getting screwed to the core. I used to think that it wouldn't self regulate, but I now think that I was wrong.

An that is the problem with Government, there is no accountability. If you are a private business you have accountability or you disappear. If you are a private food bank you know each and every can of food, and that food passes from hand to hand with total involvement. Not some debit card that gets credited every month.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Xtrozero

ldyserenity

An that is the problem with Government, there is no accountability. If you are a private business you have accountability or you disappear. If you are a private food bank you know each and every can of food, and that food passes from hand to hand with total involvement. Not some debit card that gets credited every month.

Totally agree which is why they should end the handouts here and overseas, I believe that it will self regulate. Those not worthy of feeding their own children (except the disabled which we as communities would also help) Would be left to their own vices, their children taken over by the community. This would work better then the system of today.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Xtrozero

dlbott

No offense, it is a common problem with Americans. Most go to church on Sunday and give that amount to help feed the starving i Africa or wherever but never realize the person in the seat behind them is so in distress because they don't know how to feed their family.

Do you actually go to church? Is this something you witness every Sunday? I don't go to church but I do know though my involvement with my friends that do that most put a lot of effort into their communities, including food and clothing.

YOU TELL ME how will they make 150 make it for a month for family of four, what do they give up, utilities, house payment, car insurance. So many suffer, and I mean suffer, in silence, they have swallowed every ounce of pride they had to ask the government for help. They seem to take all that you are, know everything about your life, it is humbling to go through the process and then to be told hey just make it with this you will be OK.

YOU TELL ME what did we do before 1972 when the federal food stamps program started? First thing you need to realize is the Government doesn't care about you individually. They look at big numbers but do not have a clue who you are.

Also, the food program is to offset the cost of food, not to pay for all food. Your little example above seems to be lacking one point that someone needs to work, and that isn't even correct in many states where welfare exceeds many people's work pay.

And to hear people say they can make it up somewhere, it just takes your spirit away. I know people who are hungry and there is hardly anything I can do. I have more than most but am raising a granddaughter and am right there with the rest. You pay your bills that must be paid and then there is no more for food and things like dentist. My granddaughter has the braces she needs but I have four broken teeth in my mouth and the wife needs work too.

You know people who are hungry? THEN FEED THEM!! I do. Buy them a 50 pound bag of rice or beans, case of can veggies or something, basic food is not that hard to afford. BTW where do you live? Do you know that if you and your wife went to a dentist in Mexico you can get great dental work done for about 20% of the cost of the typical copay of 50% of the bill? A crown cost me 500 dollars for my copay, one in Mexico is around 100 dollars and just as good.

She has no insurance yet and the free help in rural America is not so good. We know the battle these people are fighting to survive and they are good hard working god fearing people who don't want hand outs. You go and tell that family of four how to Make it with 100 to 150 for whole month.

I'm missing your point on the 100 to 150 a month? Are you saying that is all they get? Nothing more comes into the home but that?

Once again, sad story I agree, but they have a better chance of doing better within their own community and not with handouts from the Government. We should go back to Government food stores where they give real food basics instead of EBT cards. The waste and fraud of those cards could feed all the hungry in America 10 times over.

So let me tell you a story about Government....

In Portland they had a great program where leftover food from about 50 restaurants/hotels was given to soup kitchens to feed the poor/homeless about 3 times a week. The City shut it down stating it didn't meet regulations....like eating out of a garbage can does...

YOUR GOVERMENT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU! They want you dependent on them, when churches and social minded people feed their community the Government looses that control, and they don't like that. Now they can use your EBT card as fear...vote for me or you will lose your free money etc... The OP already has that attitude deep in their post....

I commend you for helping, there is nothing more gratifying than giving to help another. I have been on both sides of this debate. We try to give back even when times are bad. This week it was giving a family an old fridge for salvage. It was no much, an extra twenty bucks, and I have to check myself because I find myself falling into the same trap as others here. Being god, passing judgment.

Yes I am honest, I find myself passing judgment on this family and I disgust myself. Yes I have smelt alcohol on her breath and I have wondered why he could not find work. They have three or four kids and have a sister and her child living with them because they have no where else to go. I found myself doing the same thing many of you are doing, I was judging them and at first did not want to help them, feeling like many of you from what I see from your post.

Then I realized I had become that person with the blinders on. That i had become that which I despise. You see it is not for me to judge. Turns out he was hurt doing the only job he could find, forestry work that paid minimum wage and no health insurance. Neither finished high school and she stays home with the baby and other little one. Despite what some think there is no welfare in America anymore. She gets three hundred a month for three of her children and 150 in food stamps for family of five. For some reason they don't count the others living there. He was denied workman's comp despite breaking bones. They tell him he can appeal but he must appear miles away which he can't do and they know it. They screwed him to his face. So they must try and live with three hundred cash and 150 in stamps. Of course they can't and despite it not being his fault he is now marked and no one will hire him. So he cuts the cast off thinking it will help and she begs for any scrap metal she can scrounge. And I was judging her for alcohol on her breath.

In retrospect I think I would need a drink to go beg too. You asked how people used to make it. Well people were different, we were more godly. In times gone by you broke bones your neighbors came and built the barn for you, they brought you food until you were back on your feet. It is rare now. We think their food stamps will get them by. What did daryllyn say, those cuts are not bad. It is sad we think like this. Why have we become like this. Do we really think the majority of minority women are having kids for 100 a month, really. Look I am sure there are those who abuse the system, but it is not for us to judge but give them benefit of the doubt.

I chose to try and live with blinders off. I did call local store and food purchase here is taxed on ebt purchase.

We will never evolve if we continue to judge instead help each other.

The Bot

P. S. I do what little I can, I am unable to give that fifty pound bag, we have it better than others but we too suffer. The last two weeks of the month there is nothing I the bank and it is difficult. I wish I could afford to drive to Texas and go to Mexico. I don't remember having that care available across border in Texas. Been away for long time now though. You live border in Texas i come stay with you and you can take me over, as if I could afford it lol.
edit on 3-11-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
While I do agree that cuts need to be made elsewhere, I can't deny that some cuts also need to be made to the entire welfare system.

I don't wish to lump everyone using SNAP together but where I live the fraud is rampant. Pretty much anyone here who applies for it gets it and it is disgusting! Not just the food assistance but also free health care, help with utility bills etc. I know more than several single, with no children, able bodies adults who receive benefits monthly. The only thing wrong with them is they use illegal drugs, sell drugs, and are LAZY! They joke about it too, knowing full well that they shouldn't qualify but proud that they 'got it'. Being addicted to drugs should not entitle them to the welfare system!!!

On a regular basis I see mothers/fathers buying (junk) foods from the gas stations with their snap cards. We all know that's one of the most expensive ways to buy foods. I can't even afford to buy food there without messing up my grocery budget and coming up short at the end of the month. If they can afford to buy it there then they are getting too much 'free' money. If they are stupid enough to buy it there and then run out then they can just go hungry like the rest of us. As for their children going hungry, if they are not competent enough to feed their children with what is freely handed out to them then they should not have custody of them as they are not properly caring for them. If I didn't feed my children I would be charged with neglect and the children removed, what the hell is the difference?

I'm constantly being asked by people if I want to trade SNAP money for cash. CONSTANTLY! If it was just here and there or just a few people it would be one thing but I have people ask me regularly, not just for them either, they will ask for their friend or Aunty. It is really getting out of hand and so very irritating. Once again if this many people are trading SNAP for cash and stuff they must not need it that badly.

Again, I know there are many people using these programs appropriately and that's great but too many are abusing, too many. Something has to be done and if that means lowering the benefit amount across the board then so be it. I see no difference from the working families who have lost part of their income and have to cut back. If we working folk have lowered incomes and have to cut back on our spending then every one of these programs should be cut back too. They are not the only areas of government that need it, not even the areas that need it most but still, it is needed. It would be much better if they had more restrictions to who would qualify of course or cut off the many frauds but we all know that will not happen.

It's just a mess.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Hello. I am going to say they are blowing smoke and you are buying it.

If a family qualifies for full benefits, then a family a five receives $750 a month, just in SNAP food stamps. www.cbpp.org... (and yes that IS the reduced (ie: cut) amount! )

Thats a LOT of food money.

Certain things will disqualify you from ever receiving food stamp benefits for yourself and your children. If you have a drug related conviction in my state you AND your children do not qualify for food stamps (so long as they are your dependents and your responsibility)

The reason for the above disqualification is that drug addicts are the ones who typically abuse the system selling their food stamps for drugs... The drug addict does not care their children will be unable to eat, they sell them anyway and the kids still go hungry.

The drug addict who is clean during a hard time in life will often go back onto drugs.. statistics are not with a drug addict getting or staying clean.

Therefore, someone convicted of a drug crime is automatically barred for life from the food stamp program. Same goes to anyone who has ever been convicted of food stamp or welfare fraud.. its an automatic: "No more food stamps ever"

If a parent cares for their children they will find work, and work hard. If the man is not working he can look after the children while the woman works. They are not seeming to face any daycare issues as a result. Is work no good in your area? As a parent I would be moving to a place work was more plentiful if I could not feed my kids. You can actually apply for housing in cities you do not live in over the internet and through mail... ensuring government housing assistance in a new city where there is prospects for jobs.

All I can say is there is a reason these people are not receiving benefits, and I would not necessarily buy into their story quite so fast. I have a neighbor. He is on Social Security Disability and makes over 900 a month on that. He works a job under the table where he gets 20 dollars a day and his wife also works part time cash under the table. But OMG to hear him tell he has it worse than anyone in the world. He makes more than me but always has a sob story for why he is asking me for money for this or that. And

Do I feel sorry for him? Nope. Because he has money to drink every night and I refuse to support his damn habit when he makes more than me.

But I know the truth of his income, he cons lots of people who have no idea what his income is... Why? Cause he has the BEST sob story!

The people you know get less than the monthly allotment for 1 person. There is a reason why. And its not because there is an income in that house of 300 dollars either!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join