It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Syria’s civil war, a 40-foot statue of Jesus rises,“I Have Come to Save the World,”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Well your observation is obviously quite stupid.

Firstly, Russia has been tolerant of religion (read: Christianity since they are not tolerant of Muslims and Jews) since the collapse of communism. In fact, in the later years of the USSR Christianity experienced a considerable revival.

With that said, it has not helped in any way. Your basic moral guides (which are innate to any person living in a society) have not changed the fact that alcoholism and drug abuse run rampant in Russia. In fact, the Russian military is experiencing a shortage of men due to the fact that many of them are dying due to alcoholism.

Corruption and organized criminal networks literally - not figuratively - run the country. The Russian Mafia is imbedded into the fabric of society. The situation is far more bleak in Russia that it is in the US.

Just enjoy this video to see the wonders which Christianity has brought to Russia.

As for the article itself, I do not see how erecting a statue of Jesus will help the crisis in Syria, or the rest of the world. It's stupid and everyone involved in the project is stupid too.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I have seen this video before and that drug is here also, they blame the middle east and call it narco terrorism, how is it you blame Christianity?

Syria’s Breaking Bad: Are Amphetamines Funding the War?

A spike in the trafficking of the illegal drug Captagon, popular in the Middle East, is connected to Syria's brutal civil war

Read more: Syria: Are Amphetamines Funding the War? | TIME.com world.time.com...

I recently read this article, this would make a good topic.

What on earth is going on?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

^ I think amphetamines are funding the war.

(OT: Due to my low post count, I was unable to reply, but thank you for your assistance.)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I was replying in this thread then decided that perhaps some questions are better left unanswered. I sent you a message though.
edit on 4-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So when good things happen we attribute it to Christianity, but when bad things happen we attribute it to something else? Sounds illogical.

Just pointing out if you want to suggest Russia is a beacon of progress you're ignorant to the facts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join