It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Syria’s civil war, a 40-foot statue of Jesus rises,“I Have Come to Save the World,”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Interesting how things have switched ....
It used to be that Russia persecuted Christians.
But now it's America that gives Christians a bad time.

I agree with the previous poster. Some Sharia nutter will blow it up.
Sad .. but that's my prediction as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Now the statue of those three holding hands would be a great idea.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

rickymouse
Mohammed tried to teach people to get along and be friends creating a synergetic relationship. Jesus tried to tell others to get along and not judge others, helping the needy if they really needed it.

It just doesn't sound like what we have nowadays.

I think the reason for them not wanting images and statues of gods in the past is because it created a lot of turmoil amongst the people. Even then, people thought their version of god was the only right one. They fought over gods continually. some offensively and some defensively. I guess many people haven't changed in two thousand years, the conflict is still on. Why can't people take the good that Jesus and Mohammad preached and focus on that?
Chrislam what a great idea if it didn't mean did not involve some guy who brings miracles, and peace to the middle east bearing the number of the mark 666. Jews see him as the promised born christ, and islams promised christ. What couldgo wrong. They could wipe out the heretics who believe jesus christ has already been here. What could go wrong riiight?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Several things.

They just made one of the most attractive targets to islamic militants.....

They spent SO much money on this statue, instead of, um....the MILLIONS of refugees.

They themselves have risked their necks, literally, to put up a statue that wont last 5 years....think about that.

other than that, great job! looks beautiful.....

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

tadaman

Several things.

They spent SO much money on this statue, instead of, um....the MILLIONS of refugees.

They themselves have risked their necks, literally, to put up a statue that wont last 5 years....think about that.

The muslims would make one bigger if they got over the whole can't depict muhhamed thing or get a head waxing. Id rub its stomach and throw pennys at it too. To bad the muslims would blow that up also. Its a no win situation.
edit on 2-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

tadaman

Several things.

Well, yea,

Although I heard there were thousands in Syria seeking asylum in Russia.
There are organizations that are helping, but why is the west so silent, I will have to see if I can find more on American churches and aid.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

There have been times in history when they lived side by side somewhat peacefully.
I have a topic about Russian propaganda stirring up a hornet's nest in the middle east written by x kgb agent.
makes you wonder.
edit on 023030p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Russia now sees the benefit to society of having a set of basic moral rules that are unchangeable

Whatever, Putin has embraced it in his quest for Russia to take over the world again. Russia has a growing nationalist/conservative movement and the religion is part of that movement and includes things such as Putin encouraging young people to get pregnant so Russia can keep a big population, which primitive people always see as a means of having power. It has nothing to do with anything good.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

starfoxxx

tadaman

Several things.

The muslims would make one bigger if they got over the whole can't depict muhhamed thing or get a head waxing. Id rub its stomach and throw pennys at it too. To bad the muslims would blow that up also. Its a no win situation.
edit on 2-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

Well we can't get over it believe it or not , we were orderd not to , because Allah knew that if we were to be allowed , then things will change and people would start to worship Mohammed , it's even mentioned in the Old Testament , it's forbidden exodus 20:4 .

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Dr UAE
it's forbidden exodus 20:4 .

And yet God supposedly told Moses to make an image of a serpent on a stake and have the people bow down to it. Kinda' fickle of 'god', eh??

Exodus never happened, so none of those rules supposedly made by God are real anyways.
Jews were never slaves in Egypt
Judaism, Christianity and Islam got it wrong. So what else did they get wrong?
I'd bet a whole lot.

The Muslim militants should learn to live and let live, and grow up.
Do unto others how you'd want them to do unto you.
If the people in Syria want a giant statue of Jesus .. let them have it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"Jesus wants a hug!"

Sorry. Had to.

edit on 2-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Dr UAE
it's forbidden exodus 20:4 .

And yet God supposedly told Moses to make an image of a serpent on a stake and have the people bow down to it. Kinda' fickle of 'god', eh??

Exodus never happened, so none of those rules supposedly made by God are real anyways.
Jews were never slaves in Egypt
Judaism, Christianity and Islam got it wrong. So what else did they get wrong?
I'd bet a whole lot.

The Muslim militants should learn to live and let live, and grow up.
Do unto others how you'd want them to do unto you.
If the people in Syria want a giant statue of Jesus .. let them have it.

Now there's a topic, I did a lot of research on, lot more to that than meets the eye.

The probable medical origin of the single serpent around a rod: In ancient times infection by parasitic worms was common. The filarial worm Dracunculus medinensis aka "the fiery serpent", aka "the dragon of Medina" aka "the guinea worm" crawled around the victim's body, just under the skin. Physicians treated this infection by cutting a slit in the patient's skin, just in front of the worm's path. As the worm crawled out the cut, the physician carefully wound the pest around a stick until the entire animal had been removed. It is believed that because this type of infection was so common, physicians advertised their services by displaying a sign with the worm on a stick. [See graphic photos -not for the faint-hearted or Benjamin.]

plpnemweb.ucdavis.edu...
edit on 033030p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You may have a really good point, As the US weakens on the world stage through financial and technological slowdown,
(I am actually sad as even if I disagree with any particular US administration "which is a matter for the US people and not us whom are looking in from outside" and the dumbing down of the US population through poor education I think the world need's our friend the US to be strong as a stabilising entity on the world stage, strong especially internally with it's patrots and protection of it's constitution but sadly the corporate interests have done to america what they do everywere - they have ruined it to further there own short term interests)
No russia is interested in restoring it's own international place and taking over from the US and do not be fooled they have there own corporations to think about, what they critisize the US for they will happily do themselves but with a geo political spin on the matter and as far as israel goes there are millions of former soviet and russian national's, many of whom still have ties to relatives and friends in russia as well as being a potential technology partner to russia in it's growing dominance of certain technology market's but they will sell israel out in a heartbeat if it is in there interests to do so.
S+F

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I have never heard that one before, all I know is that the intertwined serpents are associated with Hermes, I cannot see how anyone can confuse a filarial worm with a serpent though , truth is that explanation might be insulting ancient intellect in a way , and there are many other stories that support the snake/serpent symbology, not a parasite regardless of this doctor who is caught up in the now reasoning for the caduceus which I somehow think is completely incorrect.

Jesus might be a myth to some, but there is no man or symbol that changed how we separate time before and after his death (AD/BC) , can you name one that lived and died and then made us change time and also write a book numbering into the hundreds or thousands of pages ? as far as I know there has been none, fictional or non fictional.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

I understand, it is just one interesting little tidbit I once happened to find.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Oh snap, crackle, and pop. I didn't know during their 'civil war' they had time to build statues.
edit on 2-11-2013 by qwerty12345 because: 1.6128

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This isn't exactly on topic, but nor does it require its own thread, maybe it does but I'm not the guy to do it....not well enough informed.

I am informed enough that these claims of Russia being more open to religious freedom, is right, and wrong.
Sure, in the Communist days practicing religion openly was illeagal....But before that as I understand it, the place was very Christian....Orthodox Christian.

This Orthodox Christian control has arisen again, this community of religious leaders are very helpful to Christians, that are going to their church's.
I have been following a watchdog group who's website forum18.org... send out emails daily of people being imprisoned for suspected acts of terrorism because that have Koran's that are not approved. Baptits that hold meetings and Jehovah's Witnesses that are caught publicly preaching.

That relates to this topic in that the Orthodox Christian faith that has been established in Syria is in fact in dire straights if Sunni type Muslim groups (ya know the ones that say only the faithful should live) gain control of Syria...those burned church's will not be rebuilt, and the Christains Orthodox or otherwise will experience great tribulation.

So, build a huge Idol in plain view of the extremist armed "protesters" then have them attack it and the Christians worshiping/observing/creating idols....Idolotry....anyways
Retailiation will certainly ensue

X

OK...that's alotta words
Go here : forum18.org...

Please

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Putin is a fox. Sit back and watch the Master at work. He will use Christianity as a tool to galvanize his power, as did the Czar's before him.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well said

I think I wrote way to many paragraphs to miss putting that one sentence together.

X

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Putin is a fox. Sit back and watch the Master at work. He will use Christianity as a tool to galvanize his power, as did the Czar's before him.

Yet he too is but a pawn in the hands of the shadowy masters....
The psychological warfare is getting so thick its like dense fog
in the minds of mankind now.......
truely, we cannot be the only ones to see the comming storm....
How to deprogramme the masses?
The question of the ages....we have not succeeded or even come close ever....still enthralled by the same forces that rule us....................................God helps those that helps themselves...and we dont even realise we need the help yet....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join