It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking LAX Shooting The Weapon guess what an "assault rifle"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well it happened again! It came on the news today that there was a shooting at LAX not nearly as bad as some of the others...

I was reading the internet and looking at the photo's and did notice one anomaly. The weapon...

Just as in the Navy yard shooting the Mass Media post and reported that an "AR-15" "Assault Rifle" was used when it was truly a remington 870 shotgun!

They are coming more and more clear on pushing their agenda every time they report an incident of this kind the evil assault rifle comes in to play! WTF

while I do not claim to be and am by no means an firearms expert. I have been around firearms since my childhood as my father and family were avid hunters and war veterans who enjoyed the freedoms that the US use to have...

And while I can honestly say I am not 100% sure which type of firearm it is I believe it is most definitely not an "AR-15 Assault Rifle" check out these two pix. One is of what I believe to be the shooters weapon at the scene. The other is a Mini 14 with an aftermarket stock.

See for yourself how the two look very similar in appearance and pretty much rule out the fact that the shooter used an "AR-15 Assault rifle"

And they wonder why there are so many conspiracy theories surrounding all the news media reports about all these types of things...

scoly out...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
no it was a bb gun get real

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Maybe we should say the weapons used was likely a semiautomatic carbine rifle with an external box magazine, chambered in a caliber of approximately .223 Remington or 5.56x45 NATO, in the color of black. All that this occurence proves is that not matter how strict your gun laws are (California), this sort of thing can still happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Looks like a Mini 14 variant. Folding stocks are useless, unless you intend to hide the gun either on your person or in a small package.

Hey guess what?
edit on 2-11-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by agentscoly

en.wikipedia.org...

It is dressed in different clothing, which by ignorant default, makes it an assault weapon.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I hate the term "assault weapon". Like "hand gun" or "gun crime" it associates a firearm with bad intent.

But thanks to the "Gun Control" lobby that is the stigma isn't it?

Maybe we should call people like Feinstein a "gun killer"?

i2.cdn.turner.com...

"Gun killers" in Washington today carried the assault on firearms to new levels by introducing a ban on themselves…"

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"Assault Rifles" are fully automatic machine guns that shoot more than 1 round for a single depression of the trigger.

There have been 2... 2 recorded murders with legally owned fully automatic firearms since the NFA registry of 1934. Both by former police officers, one in 80s and one in the 90s. Funny enough, both after the 1986 legislation.

"Assault Weapons" have no ATF or federal legal definition. It is a word slung around by politicians to confuse the populace. That word literally means nothing and was made up in the drum up for support of the 1994 restrictions. You will not find this word used in literature, news, or any publications before the late 80s because the term didn't exist. It still has no legally meaningful definition for the sake of national gun laws.

The weapon used, based on its features, was illegal under California state law. Being illegal, immediately excludes the perpetrator from being lumped with all the other law abiding Californians who legally own legal firearms.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Guns, Cocaine, Poison, Nuclear weapons. All safe when not in the hands of humans.

So the solution is to not ban guns or coc aine but to ban humans from using or touching it.

Face it, most of you have mental problems, most of you drink. So gun ban until all americans can get off alcohol for 2 generations allowing for a readjusting of poor mental habits throughout society, by then there will be no need for guns.

These facts are so far beyond most of the group consciousness that only a small few will grasp the truth i speak.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The "AR" in AR-15 stands for
"Armalite rifle"

Not assault rifle.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Would you prefer they use the term non traditional self defense or hunting weapon? Or perhaps they should get more sensational and start calling them crowd killer weapons. Now that would show you an agenda.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Haha nice.

I would prefer "rifle" if it is a shoulderable bullet shooting firearm, "shotgun" if it is a shoulderable shot shooting firearm, "handgun" if it is a revolver or pistol, "destructive device" if it were an NFA title II weapon that fits the definition, a "machine gun" if it is a firearm that shoots more than once for a single depression of the trigger.

Those are the legal classifications of firearms in this country. I think AOWs (any other weapon) are too ambiguous, and SBR and SBS (short barreled rifle and short barreled shotgun) focus too much on semantics, and have little to do with the capability of a weapon to do damage.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

it's not a shotgun, look at the magazine. that is a 5.56 or.223 mag.

i say it's a M4 variant.

check these out .

shooters gun at seen. pay attention to the barrel length and the colasping stock. and where the sights are.

now look at these.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nevermind, I believe the above poster is correct. That certainly looks like an AR to me (and nothing like the shotgun proposed).
edit on 2-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Why not just "semi auto rifle?" You know.. what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That makes zero sense. Actually it makes the opposite of sense.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So everyone has seen the clip of the Sherrif blowing the cover, right? Really pay attention to his bosses in the background---they give it away more than him!

www.youtube.com...

So I show the video to my hubby, and we came to the rather obvious conclusion that the footage fromwithin LAX is probably from when they did the drill a few days ago. Do you really think in a genuine emergency people would give a # about luggage, coffee, cell phones? And frankly, who hasn't been finger-banged by at least once TSA agent at this point? I thank God every day that we stopped flying in 2010; I'm sure my noncompliance with pre-crime policies that result in trauma and sexual assault would get me the "special" pat-down.

www.youtube.com...

I think this sums up a lot of people's current fears with TSA. And NSABots, we really just are afraid. Not even that angry, just #ing terrified because you're allowed to rape,why shouldn't we think killing does not come far after such behavior?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kismetpair927

"we practiced the exact same scenario that happened today"
i guess that's just life imitating work.
the one guy sure did a big ol face palm didn't he. i bet he caught more hell than the chief did.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

i still say mini 14 mini 30 or 10/22 there is no rail along the top of the receiver like on those pictures the weapon is too "flat" which is not like the pix of the other ar-15 clones. And judging by this pix i would go out on a limb and say its a mini 14 with an ATI stock just sayin...

NO matter what most of the posters are correct a semi automatic long gun rifle looks to be of the .223/5.56 caliber and not an assault rifle as the news would have it...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Whoa learn something new everyday.

Please stop talking logic,facts and reason you crazy conspiracy theorist.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

found this on another thread.
the rifle has been identified as a .223 Smith and Wesson M & P 15.

this is the thread.
First image emerges of LAX shooter’s AR-15 rifle, raising disturbing questions Thanks to projectvxn

here is a close up of the rifle.
Closeup of rifle Thanks to Galvatron

and here is a article with the court affidavit.
the rifle id is in #6 on page 2 of the affidavit at the bottom of the page.
LAX shooting suspect Paul Ciancia charged with murder Thanks to Wrabbit2000

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join