It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the highest % beer??? Who makes better beer anyway, Canadians or Americans???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I kinda hate beer that is higher in % usually it's gross. But I found this one, it's like 8%, Moslon Black Lable, and it's actually REALLY GOOD. Like it taste like ordinary beer but it had kick! Like I just ate, and already on just 1 beer I'm FEELING GOOD! Like it's tasts good and has kick. I like that. I'd like to find more beers like that.

Who makes better beer anyway, Canadians or Americans???

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Like it or not, Sam Adams is pretty durn good, as are many US micro-breweries. If you asked "wine" I'd say france, If you asked hard liquor I'd say Russia or Mexico, But I am a beer patriot.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Australia makes the best beer! It is that simple!

We also have the best ladies and the best sports!

P

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

8% , try 67% ABV source though TBH anything that goes over 20% without distillation is rancid [ my opinion ]

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
beers made in Czech are the best on the planet, for me

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

lol.. australian beer is like piss water!! no quality or substance... american and canadisn beer is awful as well. the best quality beer in the work comes predominantly from mainland europe. I.e belgium, germany etc..

just a side nite to op, its not just americans and canadian that use this site, which it seems like most north americans assume, we have a worldwide membership here, would have been nice to bring everyone into the discussion.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Best beer I had was Appenzeller Beer ... back in 1990 on my honeymoon.
I had it in Liechtenstein.

Best Ale - Molson.
Best Beer - I liked Sam Adams.

Everyone has different tastes so I don't know if you can say something is 'best beer'.
Everyone likes something different.

ETA .. I have to say that living in Japan for three years, I found the beer to be HORRID.
It was like sewer water. It seriously lacked that crisp taste.

edit on 11/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The highest I have ever had was around 20%. There are ones that are even a bit higher. Anything over 10%, the alcohol starts becoming very obvious in the flavor. Who is better is just so subjective. Being American, I biased, but our mass produced domestics are trash. All of them. I can't think of any of them I would choose to drink. I think that most European domestics are much better. That said, I stick to craft beers, many of which are just outstanding. I'm a hophead. I love that bitter, skunky, citrusy Pinesol flavor. Its an aquired taste for sure. West Coast IPA's are not likely to appeal to say, the typical German palate. It's just not what they're used to. Just like most Americans aren't going to get off on a Dunkelweiss or a Belgian Trippel. A lot of popularity and perceived quality comes from marketing. Bud Light and Corona aren't so popular because they're such amazing products.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
in the u.k we have carlsberg 9 % a danish ale or tennents super t at 8% both are nice beers carlberg was brewed for winston churchill originally turns you into a war criminal then
go out and bomb cities

but my favourite is sweetheart stout 2% and beautifull

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Psssh, lagers are not beers! That's just fizzy water for children and mouth breathers.

Ale is the proper man's beer of choice, and the best are European. My personal favourites are Dunham Milk Stout (although it's only 4%, it's DELISH) and Robinson's Old Tom, which varies but is at least 8-9%, often more.

You haven't had a proper, "I don't know what happened to my trousers but I know I slept in a hedge" beer sesh until you have been downing pints of Old Tom all night. A friend of mine's father had a pub, and beckoned us downstairs to the cellar and proudly pointed out a cask of Old Tom, and told us to get some glasses and drink our fill.

I think I lost about a week. TIMESLIPS! TIMESLIPS, I TELLS YA!

www.oldtombeer.co.uk...
edit on 2/11/2013 by dogsounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Misterlondon
reply to post by pheonix358

lol.. australian beer is like piss water!! no quality or substance... american and canadisn beer is awful as well. the best quality beer in the work comes predominantly from mainland europe. I.e belgium, germany etc..

Nah, we just sell you guys that piss. Aussie beer is by far the best beer. You just have to be here to get it.

Fosters... lmao

enjoy

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

geobro

Hang on.

a 2% stout?

is not a stout. it's black lolly water.

Holy moses.. oO

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Who makes better beer anyway, Canadians or Americans???

You are asking the wrong question because its neither Americans or Canadians, who for my money make the worst alcoholic beverages.

If you are talking about beer's then it has to be German, Becks is about the only one widely available on the market but its pretty good but the really good ones are the ones you find at beer festivals whose names you cannot quite remember. German beer is also usually quite strong but its really good.

I remember a American guy i met once, he smashed up his face after getting drunk in Scotland drinking Tennents. It was so funny because at the time he was still drunk, awaiting the ambulance and all he could say was "why do you guys have to drink everything in pints...."
edit on 2-11-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I used to be a driver for Carlsberg many moons ago, I hated the stuff! I preferred Tennents lager instead...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Think you will find the Americans drink half pints only for some reason....maybe they can't handle full pints

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

winofiend

geobro

Hang on.

a 2% stout?

Holy moses.. oO

i could drink it all day it is that nice they should do it on tap but it is hard to find it is ok selling strong beer but the kids cannot handle it 6 or so 8% beers and most people are pissed.

add some whisky and a few funny ciggys and it is party time hospitals fill up as do police cells with strong beer so the goverment is slowly making the brewers cut back on the percentage in beers now it is between 3-4 % . but lager is for girls in my book more of a ale man

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

lager is for girls in my book more of a ale man

Good man.

The advantage of ale is that is is more a meal in a glass, so if I have had no dinner, I can still go to the pub, down a few pints of ale, add two or three packets of crisps and some pork scratchings and all my dietary requirements are met.
edit on 2/11/2013 by dogsounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

pheonix358

Australia makes the best beer! It is that simple!

We also have the best ladies and the best sports!

P

n the best flys, n lots of em

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Best beer I had was Appenzeller Beer ... back in 1990 on my honeymoon.
I had it in Liechtenstein.

Best Ale - Molson.
Best Beer - I liked Sam Adams.

Everyone has different tastes so I don't know if you can say something is 'best beer'.
Everyone likes something different.

ETA .. I have to say that living in Japan for three years, I found the beer to be HORRID.
It was like sewer water. It seriously lacked that crisp taste.

edit on 11/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

molson isn't exactly good beer. It's just average. Sam Adams is quite good.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

geobro

winofiend

geobro

Hang on.

a 2% stout?

Holy moses.. oO

i could drink it all day it is that nice they should do it on tap but it is hard to find it is ok selling strong beer but the kids cannot handle it 6 or so 8% beers and most people are pissed.

add some whisky and a few funny ciggys and it is party time hospitals fill up as do police cells with strong beer so the goverment is slowly making the brewers cut back on the percentage in beers now it is between 3-4 % . but lager is for girls in my book more of a ale man

Ahh they do that here too.. but not in such massive amounts. a few .% here and there and before you know it the beer has become weak and they change the taste and re-image it as new and improved.

But I agree, strong stout is a deadly start to an evening
Had many of them myself... well, not so much evenings.. mornings mostly..

What they don't achieve with dropping the % slightly over time, they get with making everything a 275ml bottle, making it blue, and selling it for $7.50

Tooheys old was a good drop, an almost stout but an ale. that's 4.4% so probably equates with your stout. We drank that like fish. It was all we drank too. Until it was decidedly cheaper to spend the money on bulleits. 9% bourbons.

Ahh well it's only Milk Bars for me these days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join