It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Sky Sounds" are Back? Heard all this week 10-25-13 to 11-1-13

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

It seems that the sun got real active this last week with a few solar flares, and then now we have so many more reports of the sky quakes...maybe the two are related.

The events seem too localised to be the result of any external source. You'd expect something that could affect us from such a large distance to be experienced over wider areas, wouldn't you? My feeling is it is something going on underground.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Creepy is exactly how I described it in the past...creepy & Eery as hell....I think I've heard it two or three times in the past. Once, my mother called me from her work at a school, a town away. They had all the kids outside playing, then rushed them inside & she called to ask if I heard anything on the scanner...I said no because the sound seemed to come from the sky, or everywhere....it was so loud......

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

There are also the sounds from the 2010 film "Legion" where the angel Gabriel arrives. They're pretty similar to the ones heard in War of The Worlds.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I heard some strange sounds about a week ago, it sounded like a slow heartbeat. Started out very loud, loud enough to wake me up with a "BOOM BOOM!" then faded in volume a little bit, lasted for a long time, then eventually started fading again and disappeared.

Personally though, I don't think it was necessarily a "sky sound", because I live close to a bridge. A bridge with sections and seams in between all of those sections. I hear cars and trucks going across it all the time, but what made this stand out is it was very loud, and very slow, as if it were a very, very large heavy vehicle not capable of travelling fast. It couldn't have been any sort of tractor/trailer because there would have been more than two "BOOM"s, so it only had 2 pairs of wheels whatever it was, and I could hear it for a good 10 minutes which is about twice as long as it takes to get across the bridge heading the speed limit (60mph/5.2 miles long), so it was travelling rather slow. I have no idea what it could be at all.

Sorry if this is considered off topic, it was just the only strange noise I've heard lately.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2013 by ComeHelpThen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Everyone is looking for a rational explanation for the sounds what if there is no explanation,I am a senior citizen and in all my years i have never heard the sound i did back in early June of this year, i live in Texas just 30 miles from Fort Hood planes fly so low sometimes over the house i feel it might crash into the house,jets fly over all the time,helicopters so i know the sounds well,but the sound i heard that day was like no other,I was in the house at the time with my daughter we started to feel the house vibrate and a slight rumbling noise i went outside to check the mail the sky was clear,the rumbling was so loud and it sounded like it was coming from the Killeen area right over my head but could see nothing,i was actually rooted to the spot and a feeling of dread came over me,don't know if anyone has experienced that kind of fear that you feel deep in the pit of your stomach,my daughter said she was looking out the window and saw me standing there in shock,the sound passed over me and i finally went into the house,i was shaking so bad i could hardly walk.So people that hasn't heard anything like this cannot understand the fear that comes with hearing it. There is a video from Florida it is called What is this loud noise,Exactly what i heard that day

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I'm far north in Montana, and I heard a humming coming from the sky around 1 am on October 10th. Unfortunately I had nothing to record it with because my digital recorder had no batteries and my kindle was dead. Since that night, I have the digital recorder ready to go and keep my kindle charged in case it comes back. It truly gave me the chills inside. This was the first and only time I have heard a sky sound.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Creepy is a good word for it.

No other word could better explain the way I felt when I heard that "odd sound". It gave me the creeps.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just don't buy it. Most of the "strange sounds" videos on youtube are fakes. I'm sure lots of people are being sincere about hearing sounds they can't explain, but just because you can't explain it doesn't mean there isn't a rational explanation to be found. Hell my mom claims she heard something similar to the Kiev video on youtube, but I am convinced she simply heard some nearby industrial equipment (there is a large lumber mill with a very large crane not too far from her house) and simply misinterpreted what she'd heard because of the "strange sounds" videos that were going viral at the time.

I'm convinced that's all there is to it. Not everyone is lying or faking, and some people are hearing strange things. But I contend they are misinterpreting what they are hearing, and not trying to find the most rational explanation.

I used to live quite close to an industrial train yard, and late at night I'd hear very strange sounds when I'd go out for a smoke. I could easily have recorded them and put them on youtube for hits, but my sense of logic told me that I was hearing heavy equipment from the nearby yard.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it is either of three 1) man made, 2) natural or 3) supernatural

the sun does make noise and Solar flares do emit very loud sounds waves and 48 hours before Oct 31 there was a solar event.

It could be that when the waves hit the atmosphere some of the sounds are released from mere waves to actual sounds.

I was lying in bed one day and it was quite sunny out, very hot the sun was pounding. as I was just drifting in consciousness I could hear melodic sounds but yet they were not identifiable to me as actual notes of a scale. Then upon listening to a few recordings from Nasa and a Group in Britan I realized I was hearing the sun sing. al planets and the sun give off a sound.

www.youtube.com...

solar-center.stanford.edu...

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 4-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: trying to get the youtube video embedded but no luck

edit on 4-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A couple of weeks back in central PA at 5:00 am on a Tuesday or Wednesday I heard some form of a sky sound very similar to ones described previously never heard anything like it. The closest thing I can describe it as was it started as a low hum or rumble and built to a metal type of screeching sound having been around my share of trains and trainyards the closest thing I could relate it to would be a train starting to move or stop. Not the whole sound just the last part or possibly air brakes but I am not near a train yard. I too was sceptical till I heard it for myself. I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone else heard it but I didn't have enough posts to start one

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfzilla

I live close to a railroad track trains go by all the time,also 30 miles from Fort Hood,and the sound i heard was not a train and not anything do with Fort Hood,It was like something huge in the sky passing over us,but didn't see anything.My first thought was oh h""l something was incoming that is why i was so frozen with fear

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
I just don't buy it. Most of the "strange sounds" videos on youtube are fakes. I'm sure lots of people are being sincere about hearing sounds they can't explain, but just because you can't explain it doesn't mean there isn't a rational explanation to be found. Hell my mom claims she heard something similar to the Kiev video on youtube, but I am convinced she simply heard some nearby industrial equipment (there is a large lumber mill with a very large crane not too far from her house) and simply misinterpreted what she'd heard because of the "strange sounds" videos that were going viral at the time.

You realize I am a skeptical, astronomy undergrad right? Do you I would jump to a conclusion that the sound I heard was strange if it was something mundane?

I am like you, I look for rational explanations for this stuff, as does my boyfriend and neither of us could come up with anything.

We do not live in an industrial area, this was not during a time of day when heavy equipment typically would be used and it was not like anything either of us have ever heard living here nor our neighbor.

As someone who has spent a fair amount of time looking at the sky I've seen and heard my share of aircraft and this sounded nothing like anything I have ever heard. It vibrated the walls. I thought it might be some sort of tremor but those do not sound like metal on metal.

Rather than dismiss the genuine reports because some are fake and some come from people looking for a paranormal explanation why not consider other things it might be?

I told you that the only thing I think it might be was some sort of weather or atmospheric phenomena but what it is, I do not know and I would bet money that if you asked nearly any atmospheric physicist they wouldn't either.
edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I was lying in bed one day and it was quite sunny out, very hot the sun was pounding. as I was just drifting in consciousness I could hear melodic sounds but yet they were not identifiable to me as actual notes of a scale. Then upon listening to a few recordings from Nasa and a Group in Britan I realized I was hearing the sun sing. al planets and the sun give off a sound.

edit on 4-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: trying to get the youtube video embedded but no luck

They do give off a sound but they are in the radio spectrum in the ELF (Extremely Low Frequency, VLF (Very Low Frequency) and LF (Low Frequency) range. These are not acoustical waves, they are radio waves.

The only reason those recordings you posted could be made of them is because they were picked up by radio receivers. Are you saying that we all are somehow capable of converting radio energy into sound waves in our brains?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Yes, I am aware of that, and I've greatly enjoyed your contributions to the Hill star map thread. I'm not trying to imply that you aren't rational, as it's obvious from your posts and your educational background that you are a scientifically minded person. I just have a hard time believing that there is anything other than misidentifications going on here.

Until I hear it for myself, I will remain skeptical and look for more mundane explanations. I'm sure you can sympathize with that degree of skepticism, when some have suggested giant alien spaceships (cloaked of course) or angel trumpets as the source of these sounds.

I've read speculation that the phenomenon could be related to some sort of activity in the ionosphere, and I remain open to that possibility, but for the time being I think the amount of fakery on youtube demands a higher standard of proof.

Please don't misinterpret my skepticism as an attack on you personally. I'm not claiming you are a liar, or that others who have heard strange things are lying. I simply feel there is a more prosaic explanation to be had, and that these reports aren't as mysterious as some claim. I'm sure your experience was unsettling, but it could have been any number of things.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I understand exactly what you are stating. I felt the same thing and until I heard it (and recorded it) I thought it could have been mass fakery. I recorded mine in a small town of around 100 on a clear sunny day. It is faint and then gets louder, metal on metal.

I hope you hear it so you can be in as much awe as the rest of us who have heard it.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

JadeStar

They do give off a sound but they are in the radio spectrum in the ELF (Extremely Low Frequency, VLF (Very Low Frequency) and LF (Low Frequency) range. These are not acoustical waves, they are radio waves.

The only reason those recordings you posted could be made of them is because they were picked up by radio receivers. Are you saying that we all are somehow capable of converting radio energy into sound waves in our brains?

There could be a phenomonon happing that may indeed allow us to hear the sounds the sun is making without the aid of a machine if the conditions are right. We just don't know the conditions that allow it to happen and I am convinced they do happen.

But every sound they have talked on hearing here in this thread as well as what I heard sound like the Nasa recordings. If you listen to the recording of the solar flare it is like a extremely loud trumpet blast once the wave is converted to an accoustic sound.

All radio waves can be converted to audible acoustic sounds and nature may have a way of doing it and/or it is a combination of sorts with our brains being is a state of concious to hear it. What is so hard to believe that this is what is happening.

edit on 5-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hmmm. Solar activity took a jump recently and the sounds reappear. It must be a coincidence though.
There is no accepted evidence or theory agreed on so it can't be real yet. Maybe next solar max it will be real.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Searching to find a video of a similar sound to what I heard last week.

From .55 mark to 1:00 mark on this video is most similar, though it lasted for about 1.5 minutes.

(hope to add video correctly as I am new to ATS)

edit on 5-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: third try worked for adding video

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

DaphneApollo
I'm in the deep South Eastern United States and I've never heard this anomaly.

It seems to be the extreme Northern Hemisphere only. Europe and America. I'm puzzled.

If my observation is wrong, please show me it's happened in the Southern states?

In one of the threads here a year or two ago when they first started, myself and a couple other people around the knoxville tn area heard it around the same time Not sure if that is deep enough south as you are but we like to think we are in the south.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join