It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Sky Sounds" are Back? Heard all this week 10-25-13 to 11-1-13

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I heard it once in a town of 100 in Saskatchewan. I recorded it on my Iphone but I am technologically stunted so cannot post it here (if there even is such a way). I believe it and I have zero idea what it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I have read about people that have heard the sound of trumpets, seemingly coming from nowhere, and I imagined a high pitched sound like that of M. Davis/C. Parker.

So during the last 2 weeks when I have been awake at 1 or 2 am, the sound that I was hearing outside my bedroom window was that of noisy air-conditioners in need of service. But the sounds I just listened to on youtube are exactly like what I have been hearing here on Java. A low pitched drone type of sound. Some nights it's not there at all and others it's quite clear and slightly melodic.

Up to now I have been rationalizing...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The one's that sound like horns/metal-on-metal are fakes. These have been taken out of movies usually. A favorite is War of the Worlds from these hoaxers. However, the ones that sound like "hums," while some can be hoaxed, some I know for a fact are legitimate, cause I've heard it myself.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AsherahoftheSea

The one I have heard and recorded sounds like metal on metal and it is definitely not fake.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My freind in Ottawa heard a similar sound since then he stopped being on the internet for a long time

When i push him to speak about the sound he doesn't want to.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Reading through this thread I just remembered something. From all the descriptions of these sounds in various threads on ATS, I thought they were supposed to be kind of like discordant gnawing gnashing metallic sounds. I've never heard those so I continued to be mystified BUT horns have also been mentioned.

I've heard that. Not like a sax or trumpet but a fog horn. Not recently but for a few weeks earlier this year. Also some years ago right before a big earthquake that I wound up being in the middle of. In both instances I was far from the ocean but I wrote it off to some freak of the way this sound happened to travel at that time. Like being near water where conversations sometimes travel in weird ways and are audible in unusual places.

So a faint but distinct fog horn almost like a distress signal.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I heard something odd yesterday afternoon. It sounded like a combo of screeching & grinding. Lasted about 1.5 minutes. I thought it may be a helicopter but none were in the sky. I just assumed it was a high pitched motorcycle, though it seemed like the noise was coming from the sky. "?"

I'd forgotten about it until I ran across this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

superman2012

The one I have heard and recorded sounds like metal on metal and it is definitely not fake.

I agree. The metal on metal sound i heard which turned into a low rumble was most certainly not fake. I too thought most of these videos were fakes until I heard the one during the nationally televised baseball game. Then I had an open mind but forgot about the sky sounds all together until the morning of October 31 when it was clearly a real sound heard by my, and my boyfriend's ears.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

AsherahoftheSea
The one's that sound like horns/metal-on-metal are fakes. These have been taken out of movies usually. A favorite is War of the Worlds from these hoaxers. However, the ones that sound like "hums," while some can be hoaxed, some I know for a fact are legitimate, cause I've heard it myself.

You're wrong. I heard the same metal on metal, hornish sound here at 5am on the morning of October 31. While some copycat videos may have appeared on youtube there is no faking this for example:

edit on 3-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Listen to the sound at the beginning. Very similar to the tripod scene in War of the Worlds. Hollywood juiced the sound up but it is very similar to those loud horn sounds to me.

This one is better

Didn’t we always know that it would be Hollywood and particularly a Steven Spielberg flick that would be a portent for things to come.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What you forget to mention is that this particular baseball game was in a domed arena not open to the sky, and there also was a lightning storm at the time. It is theorized that lightning hit the arena and caused feedback through the sound system.

The sounds I hear are not loud enough to be heard inside -- leastwise not that loudly.

Yes, I did hear the one I detected inside my house first, and then I went outside to investigate when it went on for more than 2 hours, but inside it just sounded like maybe it was a lawnmower or something that was leaving me uneasy and unable to sleep.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Not all of the sounds are fake, a freind of mine heard a similar sound and hasn't nor wanted to talk about it for a long time.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm in the deep South Eastern United States and I've never heard this anomaly.

It seems to be the extreme Northern Hemisphere only. Europe and America. I'm puzzled.

If my observation is wrong, please show me it's happened in the Southern states?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i have always suspected these sounds to be that of a turbofan on a flying aircraft carrier

now i know that is WAY out of the box, but its what i think!
stealth tech on an avengers like AC

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Louisiana

I have posted YT video of my recordings right here in NorthEast LA and on the sky sounds threads.
edit on 11/3/13 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

If you listened to the sounds in the link and still hold that opinion, please find another thread to clutter up.
No offense intended.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

jennybee35
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Louisiana

I have posted YT video of my recordings right here in NorthEast LA and on the sky sounds threads.
edit on 11/3/13 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

I live in the lower half/Middle of Mississippi, pretty close to your area 200 miles or so, and have never heard this. Wish I could hear it, it may happen again though. It's not over it seems. Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

AsherahoftheSea

What you forget to mention is that this particular baseball game was in a domed arena not open to the sky, and there also was a lightning storm at the time. It is theorized that lightning hit the arena and caused feedback through the sound system.

Theorized by who? Certainly no one who has been around sound systems much or with a background in meteorology.

Lightening does not cause feedback in sound systems. At most all it does is cause a brief blast of white noise less than a second long and certainly nothing that sounds like metal on metal or horn sounds.

And the sound I and my bf heard, we heard in bed at 5am and it vibrated the wall. Without knowing the nature of the sound in question its dismissive to assume it could not be heard inside a dome when its been heard inside houses, office buildings, a warehouse and condos.

When we head the sound it was one time and it did not repeat but it sounded very much like the sounds in those videos.

What we heard was obviously different from what you heard.

He asked a couple of neighbors yesterday if they heard it and one of them said, "yeah it was the strangest thing, woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep after that but my dogs didn't bark or anything." So it was not just us, our next door neighbor heard it too.

edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

AsherahoftheSea

Not all of them are fakes, but a majority probably are. The best video of the noise is the Kiev Ukraine one from August of 2011, right around the time the noises started. Google it.

It seems that the sun got real active this last week with a few solar flares, and then now we have so many more reports of the sky quakes...maybe the two are related.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I watched and listened to a video on ATS about these strange noises and I must be honest, the whole thing left me feeling as though either there are changes comning from the earth herself or, something is going on in the sky that I cannot see.

Eitherway I still feel strange about what I heard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join