It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry admits some U.S. surveillance operations go "too far"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Oh dear they have created a Frankenstein surveillance machine and they don't know what it does ?, apparently.

WASHINGTON, Nov. 1 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has admitted that some U.S. surveillance actions went "too far" after Washington came under intensified criticism abroad, especially from some of its European allies, U.S. media reported Friday.

Responding to a question in a video-conference on open government in London, Kerry acknowledged that in some cases, the surveillance activities by the U.S. spying agency National Security Agency (NSA) "have reached too far."

"There is no question that the president and I and others in government have actually learned of some things that had been happening, in many ways, on an automatic pilot because the technology is there," Kerry was quoted as saying.

The top U.S. diplomat was apparently referring to the reports that the NSA had monitored the cell phones of 35 world leaders, including German chancellor Angela Merkel, and collected data on tens of millions of phone calls in European countries.

Kerry promised that "we are going to make sure that does not happen in the future."

news.xinhuanet.com...

Ohh what a tangled web we weave , when at first we practice to deceive.

Now Germany isn't taking this lightly , they have employed Snowden to show them the in's and out's of the U.S spying fiasco.

BERLIN, Nov. 1 (Xinhua) -- U.S. whistleblower Edward Snowden is willing to help the German government in its probe into U.S. spying in Germany that included alleged monitoring of mobile phone communications of Chancellor Angela Merkel, according to a letter released Friday by a German lawmaker.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Let the games begin.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

And Satan can publicly state that demons are evil and "can sometimes cause harm"..still does'nt mean he has the the political will to do jack about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

True.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

"on an automatic pilot because the technology is there," Kerry was quoted as saying."

That has got to be the dumbest excuse I ever heard in my life.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Not really. Consider it a systems check. Believe me, if the Germans had the capability, they'd be all over it too.

The Germans are feigning outrage.
That's good though, cuz I'm pissed as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think it may be outrage built upon continuing abuse, remember their gold that they were refused by the FED.
American politicians have for sure been reading the book "How to not make friends and alienate nations".
edit on 2-11-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Good point

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yeah. It's only wrong when they get caught spying on powerful people. No issues with spying on absolutely everyone else.

top topics

join