It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs ordered to remove ‘don’t tread on me’ Navy Jack from uniforms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

That's the same guy being interviewed who wrote the original daily caller blog post. It seems that all stories on the internet on this subject of special forces patches are sourced back to him in one way or another. Because of this, a lot of people are sceptical of what exactly is going on here.

Could be real, could be fake, but when you come upon a sole source repeating a story with no verification or sourcing, it's probably just somebody trying to stir #.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
It seems that all stories on the internet on this subject of special forces patches are sourced back to him in one way or another.

It has also been 2 weeks since the "order", and still only the one source....

that is denied by the navy!

The Navy has thus far been unable to confirm the validity of the email from the senior official. If it’s legit, then someone in in the spec-ops community got their wires crossed. “As of September 2013, all Naval Special Warfare personnel are authorized to wear the U.S. flag and the “Don’t Tread on me” uniform patches,” Navy spokeswoman Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Flaherty told Navy Times. “In the past, NSW did not authorize wearing either patch unless one was deployed or in a work-up cycle. However, NSW recently sought special permission from the Chief of Naval Operations staff to wear the patches within the continental United States.”

www.navytimes.com...
edit on 5-11-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Ok i kept trying to tell you people this is a bogus story merely to trash Obama. I explained mission patches and how they work. To end this i took a look at navy times they handle all issues that make the news. I found an article were they discuss this and basically an op-ed originally published in the Daily Caller from former SEAL Carl Higbie. They seem s to imply he lied without saying it by saying it couldnt be confirmed and actually find the opposite to be true. Or in other words chalk this one up to internet hoax and someone please explain to me why people find the need to discredit Obama with stupid stuff like hes not patriotic? Hasnt he screwed up enough other stuff we can leave him alone on BS?

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Who said I was ever an operator????

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have received conflicting reports from TEAMs members. Some are saying they have heard no such thing, some are saying they are being directed to remove. Some are saying they are being handed new patches for this.

Things are all over the place.

Plus there is this report.
soldiersystems.net...

I have no problem stating if and when I am wrong. Seems there is confusion on all parts.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Yep not only were they not banned they can now wear them stateside as well. I still can not believe anybody was gullible enough to believe this from the start.

“As of September 2013, all Naval Special Warfare personnel are authorized to wear the U.S. flag and the “Don’t Tread on me” uniform patches,” Navy spokeswoman Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Flaherty told Navy Times. “In the past, NSW did not authorize wearing either patch unless one was deployed or in a work-up cycle. However, NSW recently sought special permission from the Chief of Naval Operations staff to wear the patches within the continental United States.”

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join