It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEALs ordered to remove ‘don’t tread on me’ Navy Jack from uniforms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

xuenchen

For some reason, the Navy is ordering the removal of the famous "Don’t Tread on Me" Navy Jack emblem from uniforms !!!

Apparently, the American Flag patch is the only patch allowed now.

What seems to be the problem ?

Geesh.

The Navy Jack is the ‘don’t tread on me’ flag, one that has earned a revered place in America’s naval history and a beloved place in sailor’s hearts, through its use for over two centuries. This symbol of America’s naval ferocity has spanned our country’s entire existence, flying from the masts of the Continental Navy during the war of independence, to today’s War on Terror. In fact, an amendment to the Navy code called SECNAV Instruction 10520.6 clearly states that as of 31 May 2002 all ships are to fly the flag throughout the duration of the War on Terror.

So why would ranking SEAL commanders ban the historical symbol? Is the proverbial top bass banning the flag? Is President Obama?

Jack of the United States (wiki)

Make this easy for you this is very old news this is from 2002. And this is where the secretary of the navy authorized flying the First Navy Jack in place of the Union Jack. This was in honor of the war on terror the moment that operation ended. Obama ended this if you dont recall that patch can no longer be worn.

www.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Meldionne1
Yes, the guys are being told they cannot wear the patch on their uniform. It has been a direct order from their commander in chief-Obama . ..., the younger guys will comply, because their new...but the older guys will not. They will stick their middle finger up and say" come and try to take it off my uniform"

Then they will be fired or whatever they do in the military. This is just another way of weeding out certain people from military ranks. People who are willing to stand up and fight for their beliefs. All they want to be left, are robotic killing machines.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is why so many people see Obama and current democrats as idiots and poison.

I am sorry.....YOU ARE CHILDREN.

So freaking unnecessary.......please.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by MrSpad

" That is a Navy call" so i can quote u on that ,, Mr. Karney?

Yes you can. Just like stupid Obama wants Marines to wear girly hats story, where the Marines made it clear they have a uniform board for uniform changes as do all the services and Obama has nothing to do with it. Just like when idiots ran around complaining in 2001 that Bush was making the Army change to black berets and disrespecting the Rangers making them switch to tan ones. And of course the Army made that choice not Bush. It is the same crap over and over again. This would be like the CEO of Pepsi Co. making chages to the delivery guys uniforms. Of course for people who have an agend or are just not very bright Bush and Obama are suddenly sitting around making uniform changes.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well I have been researching in the net about this order and it seems that it comes from the direct orders of the highest in command with the blessing of the yes men.

The answer of this order has been negative so far, it seems that the military navy takes this personal and many will disregard the order and only on their death body they will allow a flag that has been part of the Navy since its beginning to be taken away.

Interesting, now I wonder why this order was even allowed to leave the white house, well with so many political careers within the upper uber military class the yes men will do anything this days.

This one is going to be a hot topic for a long time.

Some see it as a denigration of the Navy and overall military that has been changing under Obama administration.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

u mean this guy,,

Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen. James F. Amos

Lt. Gen. James F. Amos shares a hookah pipe with Iraqi sheik Adulamir al-Jaber during a training session at Norfolk Naval Station.

By Louis hansen
The Virginian-Pilot

NORFOLK — As steam rose from a nearby tray of rice and lamb, an Iraqi sheik huddled with a three-star general at Norfolk Naval Station.

From a cushion on the floor, the sheik made a simple plea in Arabic: Help us help ourselves. Give us jobs and you will have security in Iraq.

“Just employ the people,” the well-dressed man said through a translator. “Empower them.”

for the rest,,,hamptonroads.com...

ok,,wasnt sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Wearing of individual patches by SF within the military has gone on for many many years.
This is a move by the 0bama admin, much like their purge of military leaders that don't follow his ideology, to show "who's boss".
That is an action by a true coward. Making sure that the military remembers who their "leader" (I threw up actually saying that) is.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not true. It depends on the mission and what team they are associated with.
Clandestine missions or teams will abide by such uniform guidelines.
Most SF team, regardless of military branch, have been allowed for years to attach person patches to their uniform. Along with ball caps and such.
Most teams are not clandestine in nature.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

marg6043
Well I have been researching in the net about this order and it seems that it comes from the direct orders of the highest in command

So show us the official source with the order....

Interesting, now I wonder why this order was even allowed to leave the white house,

How about showing us it even came from the White house....

This one is going to be a hot topic for a long time.

How about showing first it is true....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

navyseals.com... -uniforms

If it has been stated here, it is truth.

**i will add that the word of the author holds more weight then some jack hole reporter at any news agency**
edit on 4-11-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

macman

So as I expected - there is no official source for the claim at all!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah, if it is stated on the website, from and by those that live it, it is truth.
Sorry that you will rabidly deny that, but it is what it is.
Carry on though, with your idea that for it to be truth, the memo referencing it must be presented to you, which will no doubt get your criticism that is it fake, as no way your mancrush 0bama would do such a thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The authors published word holds more weight then your ATS denial.
He has proven himself, you have not.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

macman

Not true. It depends on the mission and what team they are associated with.
Clandestine missions or teams will abide by such uniform guidelines.
Most SF team, regardless of military branch, have been allowed for years to attach person patches to their uniform. Along with ball caps and such.
Most teams are not clandestine in nature.

I often wore a baseball/slouch hat on missions and that was it. And it was the same with my guys, though often different headgear.

But I did catch guys wearing tabs under their velcro...for personal reasons. And I discouraged it as well.

But while on mission, I never seen any identifying tabs. It was always covered.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I always have interacted with team guys that had personal patches and such. While unit identification may or may not have been there, or names or such, things like the Union Jack, state flags and the crusader patch was/is/used to be worn.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

macman

I always have interacted with team guys that had personal patches and such. While unit identification may or may not have been there, or names or such, things like the Union Jack, state flags and the crusader patch was/is/used to be worn.

I knew guys that used to wear Fallujah patches under their velcro, and the occasional MLI tab. I always discouraged it vehemently...even took them on occasion (though I always did give them back). It wouldn't bode well to be captured with such a tab.

Sterile means sterile.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well this is interesting, is rumors around the military circles, that the one that proposed the banning of the navy seal flag as a retaliation for the Tea party sponsored Shut down was close Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett.

I am getting bit of information here and there.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ok talked to a friend you guys are wrong seals have been given no such order. Ok let me explain to people here mission patches were only to be worn when deployed in other words state side the US flag returns to the right arm. This has all ways been that way with special forces every time we returned state side the US flag goes back on the uniform. Now the real truth is now even state side they are allowed as of September 2013, all Naval Special Warfare personnel are authorized to wear the U.S. flag and the “Don’t Tread on me” uniform patches state side.The issue on this was simple people continued to ware the patch contrary to tradition. Certain officers didnt like this and made a call eventually got higher up the food chain and they made a decision. So all the people screaming of the evil Obama admin has no clue. He for one doesnt make that decision that is made by the secretary of the navy.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

macman
navyseals.com... -uniforms

Oh, well I guess we'll just have to take your word for it that he's telling the truth, and not omitting any relevant information, because the author is a former Navy Seal and has a blog. Come on, you can't blame us for wanting another source before we get all excited about this.

Oh, and by the way, everything you said about hellobruce not having proved himself applies to yourself as well. As far as we know, you're not a former special forces operator, you just play one on message boards.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
does this help?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join