It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't politians do their job and represen us.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've noticed that our president tends to make unpopular desicions. I have a problem with the fact that the US president makes desicions even when nobody else approves of them. Of course this isn't just President Bush who does this either. Every president does this. In theory shouldn't the president represent the people. But it's not just the president who does that. Our reps. do this, senators do this. Every politician does this. Why don't they do their job. I sure wish that the people had the power to choose like in the days of Athenian democracy. What ever happened to Athenian democracy? I think that we should be able to vote for a lot more things. Does anybody agree with this. This isn't rant, I just feel that a true democracy would be a good idea.

[edit on 11/16/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, they can rule for the people or they can rule for the money. It seems to me that most politicians rule for the money.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You are right, Kidfinger. The only thing the politicians are in it for is the money, and to be free from laws that we have to follow. They could care less about us. And homeland security is there to protect the government when the time comes. It wasn't set up for any of us useless pheasants.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You guys are SOOOOOOO close to the truth. Just ask yourselves why the country is always polarized to a 51/49 equation.

Found the "th."

[edit on 16-11-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Our reps. do this, senators do this. Every politician does this. Why don't they do their job.

Because they don't get re-elected by pandering to the little people. We don't pay for their election campaigns; corporations do. Therefore, the corporations' well-being is more important than the people's, to our elected officials.

Plutocracy: it ain't rule by a far-off planet.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Because they don't get re-elected by pandering to the little people. We don't pay for their election campaigns; corporations do. Therefore, the corporations' well-being is more important than the people's, to our elected officials.

EVEN so much closer.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh wise and knowledgable Intrepid, what is the truth?
You have eluded to it twice, so surley you know something.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Politicians are agents of the corporation entitled United States of America Incorporated created under British common law. Their actions are akin to the actions of any other businessman in that what they do is for the well-being of the corporation and not necessarily its employees/subsidiaries/citizens. Our society is based on money, pure and simple. Politicians do what it takes to fatten corporations and their own pockets. Republicans = More Government, More Gov. Power. Democrats = More Government, More Gov. Power. By keeping people dependent on the system, they are able to receive more revenue. Credit is a big part in all this in that by lending fiat money they are receiving interest on money that they create. As well, all ownership is in the state, we lease what we own from the government and therefore must pay taxes on it in addition to the interest we pay from their credit.

The system is pretty much the same as a feudal system except the masses now have the illusion of ownership, education and that fancy title called democracy.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Jamuhn got it. They, big biz, keep eveyone talking about things that don't matter. Ie: whether Bush stole 2000, Clintons impeachment, etc.

Divide and conquer, it works and that's what BB is doing to the American people. It's time to put this type of thing on the curb:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is only propaganda to seperate thinking people, so you don't start thinking about "them."

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Politicians are agents of the corporation entitled United States of America Incorporated created under British common law. Their actions are akin to the actions of any other businessman in that what they do is for the well-being of the corporation and not necessarily its employees/subsidiaries/citizens. Our society is based on money, pure and simple. Politicians do what it takes to fatten corporations and their own pockets. Republicans = More Government, More Gov. Power. Democrats = More Government, More Gov. Power. By keeping people dependent on the system, they are able to receive more revenue. Credit is a big part in all this in that by lending fiat money they are receiving interest on money that they create. As well, all ownership is in the state, we lease what we own from the government and therefore must pay taxes on it in addition to the interest we pay from their credit.

The system is pretty much the same as a feudal system except the masses now have the illusion of ownership, education and that fancy title called democracy.

I stand humbled by the mighty intellect
Excellenly put
I had alot of that kind of figured out, but I hadnt thought about the British connection in all this. I had always thought that we just evolved into this America inc. from a indipendant country that was really trying to be on the up and up. I will have to take the British connection into consideration with all this. Thank you for the enlightenment

Intrepid,

I was just hoping you were going to come out with tax evading aliens or something. Im very dissapopinted

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KidfingerIntrepid,
I was just hoping you were going to come out with tax evading aliens or something. Im very dissapopinted

This the real life #, your gov. is pulling the "3 card monte" and no one is seeing it. Just trying to help.

BTW, it doesn't matter if you're Dem. or Rep. THEY DON'T CARE. All they care about is that you are under the thumb. Theirs.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a few questions maybe you guys can answer.

So how do the British fit into this?

Was this something that happened when we gained our indipendance?

What specifically is written into British law that enacts this position with the US?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The only LAW that we have in the US is our Constitution and British common law. British common law is a very old tradition of laws that was passed down to us while we were still a colony and after we gained our independence. Though, there are a lot of people out there who still think we are a British Colony and have written books about it. I'm not very knowledgable about this part of the, dare we call it "conspiracy," but British common law contains the law necessary to create this corporation.

USC = United States Code
"United States" means - (A) a federal corporation...28 USC 3002(15), Ch. 176. It is clear that the United States...is a corporation... 534 FEDERAL SUPPLEMENT 724. The United States of America is a corporation endowed with the capacity to sure and be sued, to convey and receive property. 1 Marsh Dec. 177, 181. Bouvier's Law Dictionary, 5th Ed.

The United States Government is a Foreign Corporation with respect to a State. Black's 6th.

The "United States" is a corporation created on February 21, 1871 under the name "District of Columbia," 16 Stat. 419 Chap. 62 (reorganized June 11, 1878) The "United States" is a bankrupt organization and a de facto government (not just and lawful).

From 1786 to 1789 the United States were a confederation; after 1789 it was a federal nation.

Notice that between 1786 and 1789 the United States was plural, United -- States. After that it became singular "United States" as a name.

British common law established the practices of the state, and is derived from past cases in Britain (some even before America was discovered) that describe what system of law we will have. The only thing that can supercede common law is what is defined in our constitution. But there are two distinct constitutions, the one that the US Corp. uses is missing the 13th amendment prescribed in the original constitution. The 13th amendment states that no person of this country can bear a foreign title of nobility. This would ultimately bar lawyers who are agents of the British crown.

The US no longer institutes law but instead the corporate policy in the USC and UCC.

On a side note, British common law ultimately derives from Roman Civil Law.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If I have anymore way aboves left, your getting them

Edit: Had one and you got it

[edit on 11/16/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that our law is also based on the rulings of the Supreme Court, and their cases. That's a big one too miss, but anyway there are currently forces at work trying to undermine this law. I think it's called the American Reconstruction Act of 2004, which is attempting to supercede Supreme Court Law if the executive and legislative branches determine that this law is mandated by God.

top topics

join