It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon McNaughton: Obama fiddled while America burned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Jon McNaughton is an established artist from Utah whose new paintings have attracted the international attention of millions over the last few years. Highly detailed religious and patriotic subjects are the focus of his paintings. The artist’s experiences and faith are the inspiration for his work.

Many Americans today feel a sense of dismay and horror as we see our country in a downward spiral; both economically, morally, and politically. President Obama's indifferent attitude and the continuous list of scandals and bad policy are leading the country to ruin.

As an artist I am reminded of the old saying "Nero fiddled while Rome burned." History believes that Nero himself may have set the great fire that burned a part of Rome during his leadership. Afterwards, he blamed it on the Christians who suffered great persecution under his rule. I see great similarities to what we are experiencing today. Obama fiddled, while the people witnessed the demise of America .

While I am not a Christian, the painting and thoughts of this artist struck me as very poignant and represent what I feel about the Obama and what is happening in my country. I felt that I would share this with the rest of ATS and share what I think may crystallize the feelings of many here on ATS.

Just to address this in advance, this is not a political thread as I am not Republican or Democrat. I disliked Bush nearly as much as Obama. The reason I am addressing this is because Obama is the idiot that is destroying our country at this time.

I hope this painting is appreciated by those here as much as it was by me.

A direct link to the artists site is HERE.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I like it! Wouldn't hang in my front room (or anywhere else) but it certainly captures the spirit of Obama. I believe when historians look back at his pitiful time as POTUS they'll say:

"He golfed while America burned..."

... and then he finished off the Christians,

and gun owners,

and Libertarians,

and... well you know.

edit on 090pm2525pm82013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Obama LIED...peope will DYE...

edit on 1-11-2013 by Granite because: sp

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Powerful painting . . .

however . . .

The O

--collected a lot MORE kindling . . .

--took the wheels off the fire trucks
--took the engines out of the fire trucks

--sent the military on fools errands

--poured gasoline on the wood pile

--enlisted millions of ignorant sycophants to hinder, retard, obstruct, blather, wage cyber war

--neutered an already dysfunctional health care system . . .

. . .

and then lit the fire.

And then . . . went golfing. Doesn't have the patience to learn to fiddle.

edit on 2/11/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The sycophants supporting the O fail to be very good students of history.

ALL THE TYRANTS of history

put to DEATH among the earliest purges

all those EARLY SUPPORTERS OF THEMSELVES.

They KNEW that they COULD NOT AFFORD to have such fickle, traitorous, stupid and ignorant types alive and a hazard to their new regimes.

It will be the same this time. The O-bots will be among the first to the death chambers.

top topics

join