It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else find some ATSNN navigational features redundant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I click on an ATSNN headline, and it opens in a new window. That's fine. But then I click on the 'read and psot comments' links, and it opens up in another window. I now have two windows open for one piece of content. The third window has exactly the same content as the second one and then some. It let's me read the article and every comment posted, not just the first forty. I just find the second window redundant and it just wastes time for me to close it. I would rather that the headline link open up to a new window, but after that anything clicked should just load into the current window.

Not saying it's a horrible feature, but it is annoying.

[edit on 11-16-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Gonna have to play the "Yes-man" and agree with you there on that one.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I Gotta say This Button Certainly is.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I might be wrong about this but you can set your browser to open in one window or multiplies

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Its mostly based on your browser...all mine open in one window. Using Firefox.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Its mostly based on your browser...all mine open in one window. Using Firefox.

I am using Firefox (even though, for all it's hype, I fidn it actually supports fewer useful functions than IE. If it weren't for tabbed windows it would be a mere curiosity)

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, Im using this extension to add more functionality to tabs, you can set it to lock FireFox to ALWAYS just have 1 window, and to open links in the same Tab, or to open a new tab. Many other features as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
I Gotta say This Button Certainly is.

I can't believe I fell for that...

No soup for you!!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Well, Im using this extension to add more functionality to tabs, you can set it to lock FireFox to ALWAYS just have 1 window, and to open links in the same Tab, or to open a new tab. Many other features as well.

But normally, I like the way most websites are set up. A new window opens when it's useful, and it simply loads in the same window when appropriate.

new topics

top topics

join