It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top U.S. Hospitals are Opting Out of Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

In the off chance you are actually able to access the website and successfully sign up for the epic disaster that is Obamacare, you might be a bit surprised about your options when you actually encounter a medical issue. Every American that is even considering signing up for this nightmare needs to be aware of the disturbing fact that many of the top hospitals in the nation will not be accepting Obamacare related insurance plans. Even worse, in many cases it is virtually impossible to find out which doctors and hospitals are on your plan.

One of the most egregious examples of failure is the following:

Seattle Children’s Hospital ranks No. 11 on the U.S. News & World Report best pediatric hospital list. When Obamacare rolled out, the hospital found itself with just two out of seven insurance companies on Washington’s exchange.

Seattle Children’s is the only pediatric hospital in King County, and offers keys services, such as cancer care, which are not available anywhere else in the region. So if you sign up for Obamacare, good luck surviving. Fortunately, that represents only about six people at the moment.

Source

What a great deal you get sick and you might need to go to another city to find a hospital that will accept you! What fun!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Many said that the ACA will make everything worse. I think it's the businesses' reactions to it that will hurt people the most. What will people do if or when every insurance plan is assimilated?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

EllaMarina
Many said that the ACA will make everything worse. I think it's the businesses' reactions to it that will hurt people the most. What will people do if or when every insurance plan is assimilated?

People will die.

People will die in large numbers.

Perhaps that is exactly what the government wants.

If we kill off the poorest there will be more for those who can afford more.

And if you are on the top there is never enough.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Obamacare isn't a government insurance, it is a government subsidized program. Insurance companies are insuring the people, not the government. I can't understand why hospitals would not accept an insurance. I do know that lots of hospitals do not like to work with off the wall companies, but I am sure that there will be some good companies underwriting these policies, along with the bad. I don't think the hospitals will deny service, they just won't deal with the insurance direct, it would be a nightmare for them to know how every company needs to be billed. I had insurance before that the hospital would not accept, we had to send it in on our own to get reimbursed. I doubt if the hospitals will deny service, but if the people have bad credit they might. This may not have been thought over by the designers of this program. It is a major flaw in the program.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
More here,

Wellpoint and Aetna's decision to not educate the public on its choices doesn't sit well with two experts.

"There is no reason to keep that quiet. It's not going to be a good secret for very long when people want to use the plans," Wilensky said.

"In many cases, consumers are shopping blind when it comes to what doctors and hospitals are included in their Obamacare exchange plans," said Josh Archambault, senior fellow with the think tank Foundation for Government Accountability. "These patients will be in for a rude awakening once they need care, and get stuck with a big bill for going out-of-network without realizing it."

All of this represents a larger problem with the Affordable Care Act, said Archambault, who has extensively studied the law.

"It reflects deeper issues in implementation," he said. "Some hospitals and doctors don't even know if they are in the network."

Just look at Seattle Children's Hospital, which ranks No. 11 on the U.S. News & World Report best pediatric hospital list. When Obamacare rolled out, the hospital found itself with just two out of seven insurance companies on Washington's exchange. The hospital sued the state's Office of Insurance on Oct. 4 for "failure to ensure adequate network coverage."

"Children's is the only pediatric hospital in King County and the preeminent provider of many pediatric specialty services in the Northwest," a hospital press release said. " Some of these specialized services not available elsewhere in our area or region include acute cancer care, level IV neonatal intensive care and heart, liver and intestinal transplantation."

And for doctors in Texas, "Basically, we don't know," said Stephen Brotherton, president of the Texas Medical Association. "We can't find out. At this point, it's part of the various unknowns with the marketplace. There are ways you can be on plans and not even realize it."

Source

Better? They've spent how much on their website? Can you access it? If they can't get a simple web design right, do you really want to put your child in their hands?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

rickymouse
Obamacare isn't a government insurance, it is a government subsidized program. Insurance companies are insuring the people, not the government. I can't understand why hospitals would not accept an insurance. I do know that lots of hospitals do not like to work with off the wall companies, but I am sure that there will be some good companies underwriting these policies, along with the bad. I don't think the hospitals will deny service, they just won't deal with the insurance direct, it would be a nightmare for them to know how every company needs to be billed. I had insurance before that the hospital would not accept, we had to send it in on our own to get reimbursed. I doubt if the hospitals will deny service, but if the people have bad credit they might. This may not have been thought over by the designers of this program. It is a major flaw in the program.

They will accept you if you have good credit, no question. If on the other hand you're poor, well then you will get hit with out of network charges, and your cost of care will be more expensive. The delay in figuring all this out will cost lives.

But that's okay isn't it? After all we now have Obamacare, where the poor hurry up and die, thereby getting out of the system, making room for the rich!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

EllaMarina

Yes assimilate because resistance is futile. Where have I heard that before?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
what a silly post.

i already got a better and cheaper insurance plan from the exchanges....and it's thru a major insurance company. blue cross.
the hospital has no idea i got my insurance thru the exchange.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

rickm
what a silly post.

i already got a better and cheaper insurance plan from the exchanges....and it's thru a major insurance company. blue cross.
the hospital has no idea i got my insurance thru the exchange.

It has to do with who is and who isn't "In Network".

All that is set up before the policies are created.

ETA:

Some insurers are narrowing the networks of physicians they offer through insurance plans on health care exchanges as compared to plans purchased outside the exchanges, hoping to reduce costs of the exchange plans enough to attract young consumers who have never purchased insurance before.

Health exchange trade-off: Lower premiums, narrower networks

edit on Nov-02-2013 by xuenchen because:

new topics

top topics

join