It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy against American men?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It seems to me that men are not all that valued in modern America. Look at the facts:

1) Most jobs lost in the USA since 2008 were male-dominated jobs.
2) Most labor-oriented jobs outsourced to China were jobs held mostly by men.
3) Males are going to college in smaller and smaller numbers.
4) Media presents males as either abusers, psychopaths or morons.

Then males begin to shun marriage and responsibility so much that here we get the prediction that males will be pretty much obsolete in the future:

www.youtube.com...

Is this the future? Will only a small number of males be willing to be husbands and fathers so women will explore alternatives such as polygamy and polyandry? Are sperm banks the trend for the future as well?

Finally, is this just "happening" or is it part of a bigger plan?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by edward777

To be honest here... a lot of the previously secure male dominion in society was replaced between the late 1970s and the late 1980s. Today's reality is that females dominate advertising in nearly every sector and pretty much own the entertainment industry. But... after many millennia of us guys bring home the bacon and mowing the yard and repairing the rain gutters... seeing our sisters get some attention is fine by me.

My little girl enjoys riding a John Deere lawn mower. My wife loves shopping with my debit card to stock the fridge with food and my granddaughter thinks sliding down the gutters off the porch is a blast.

I'm good with it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

edward777
It seems to me that men are not all that valued in modern America.

Just wait till the SHTF in America, then we'll see who's valued!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It could also just be the MSM pacifying the feminist crowd from the fact that the world is run by men.

Besides, without guys who would squash the spiders or open pickle jars?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Find me a sitcom like "Leave it to beaver" and "My three sons" that is on TV today that paints the Father or babies daddy in a positive light??

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added quotes to tv titles

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

True indeed, it is not new and has been underway for nearly a century but, the most recent observations are symptoms of the 'to heck with it' response. I think most of us are beginning to give up on society as it commits collective suicide through socialization, we just can't stand to watch.

Personal responsibility and independence have been supplanted by probation and supervision.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not valued?

When my significant other makes me angry, I go into the kitchen and screw down every lid to every jar and bottle as tight as possible.

I become valuable very quickly!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Who is the perpetrator of this conspiracy but American men themselves?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I blame TV!!

Who owns TV??

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: format

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Not valued?

When my significant other makes me angry, I go into the kitchen and screw down every lid to every jar and bottle as tight as possible.

This made me lol at my desk...

For me its just put everything on a shelf she can't reach.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Men dominate in venues where strength and endurance are required. In the information age the playing field is different. Emotional intelligence and patience are more important. So adapt or die.

Some men want complete dominion over women. Islam, Christian fundies and insecure males that can't compete with women except in a fist fight.

I don't personally respect these selfish motives. Men have jacked up the world so far --maybe women will correct some of the dysfunction?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I dont think it is a conspiracy against men as such

Just so happens that when the crunch hit lots of industries that were traditionally male dominated took a hit such as construction and manufacturing then you also have to take into account that before the job recession hit more men were in work than woman.

it suck but i dont think it is a conspiracy against men rather its just the nature of the jobs market when times are tough.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You guys are so mean !
If lids doesn´t open, i would put jars in the trash can and make sure the significant ones hears that whatever is inside the jar is fermented and unuseful ( that would stop such a mean action in our house for sure )

Freetime, machines in the house have made life easier to females, they actually can and have energy to eduacate themselves and earn money to make life even more easier.
Mens who do physical labor loses their jobs due advancing technology, robots etc. These guys most of them anyway had no intrest of eduacation therefor they have been replaceable.

There are other reasons too, women take work more seriously than men ( who tend to drag a leg whenever it´s possible)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
if i voice my opinion i will be attcked.
if i don't voice my opinin i will be judged.

it's easier 2 say "i don't know".

(ask President Obama)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

dollukka
You guys are so mean !
If lids doesn´t open, i would put jars in the trash can and make sure the significant ones hears that whatever is inside the jar is fermented and unuseful ( that would stop such a mean action in our house for sure )

Freetime, machines in the house have made life easier to females, they actually can and have energy to eduacate themselves and earn money to make life even more easier.
Mens who do physical labor loses their jobs due advancing technology, robots etc. These guys most of them anyway had no intrest of eduacation therefor they have been replaceable.

There are other reasons too, women take work more seriously than men ( who tend to drag a leg whenever it´s possible)

This is the future people!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

My Grandfather said (regarding automation and robots):

"When you show up to work and there's a robot next to you, you better learn how to fix and operate that robot!"

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What Gender usually builds Bridges, Roads, Skyscrapers, and trenches??

or

What Gender was cut out for it??

or

What gender was designed for it??

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions and too many ands

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
What Gender usually builds Bridges, Roads, Skyscrapers, and and trenches??

or

What Gender was cut out for it??

or

What gender was designed for it??

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

Well in the "information age" none of this is important! We can all live and thrive off the internet and telemarketing/bill collector phone calls.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This is part of what the Mayans carved us about. They too were a Patriarchal society that their people relied on Gov't., military, and ®eligion™. This is also called "Yang" We are now entering "Yin" and it will revert back to Yang in 72,000 years, just as it always has.

The meek shall inherit the Earth..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Not valued?

Passive aggressive. Very childish.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join