It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk Already Starting About Gun Control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The wild west attitude never really died. It just got suppressed a bit with modern technology. People have always resented the nanny state mentality of europeans.

When we add the corruption of federal government the last 60 years, the expensive cost of healthcare(including mental health), the mixing of cultures and underground racism to the equation, it leaves little doubt why there is high crime rate in the states and lots of people taking out their frustrations with shooting sprees.

Its always many factors that make up the puzzle, rarely one or two.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think the right to bear arms is the very issue that divides fascist states from freedom, and the ability to help make your country better, in small ways here and there.

I really like all of her videos. but in this one, she brings up the examples from the past: Stalin, Hitler, China and even the current state of North Korea. Most don't wish to fight with words or stand up for freedoms when they still say, we have a constitution and the right to protest and vote.

The examples brought up, all had a constitution, the right to protest, and the right to vote still existed.

What was lacking was the right to bear arms.

Fascism exists in countries with the right to vote, the right to protest, and constitutions. The difference is the right to bear arms.

Why Good People Should Be Armed

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

NavyDoc

I'd like to make it easier to get a silencer too. In the UK and Scandinavia they are off-the-shelf type items and considered polite (less noise pollution). It would certainly make varmiting easier on my land.

I personally don't care for noise suppressors as they cheapen the shooting experience. Guns are somewhat of a macho thing for me, not that I go around shooting anything either. But when you go to the shooting range dont you want to hear the boom?

They are not hard to get now. Just have to pay the $200 tax stamp and file some paperwork. Perhaps it should be $100 instead. I consider silencers/noise suppressors as luxury items as they tend to get used frequently by organised crime.

It depends on the state. Where I am, they are not an easy NFA paperwork drill. It involves siting up trusts and so forth. I agree with you that they are not really needed at the range--a good pair of earmuffs will protect your hearing, but going after coyotes or other varmints would be helped.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

plenty of weak gun control with too many loopholes.

in my state, anyone can open a newspaper and see an ad for a gun and buy it, no questions asked.

if i am in the mall parking lot and i see someone selling a gun, i can buy it no questions asked

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

i don't see where the constitution says anything about being licensed to drive a car either.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

inanimate object?

so that means you are for making uranium 235 or opium legal? they are inanimate objects aren't they?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Thus it being a privilege and not a right.

Got any more tired old pitches?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Just as in the other thread, chemical agents have never been considered "arms" in the defining of what the 2nd Amendment protects.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

yes
a privilege. just like owning a gun.
if owning a gun were a right. anyone in this nation could own one with no restrictions ever

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

according to whom?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

rickm
reply to post by macman

yes
a privilege. just like owning a gun.
if owning a gun were a right. anyone in this nation could own one with no restrictions ever

Bill of Rights!

Some people loose that right for criminal behavior.

Gun ownership in the US is a RIGHT not a privilege. While some states are actively encroaching on that right, most of the US agree that gun ownership is a right, protected by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution which is part of the Bill of Rights.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

where in the bill of rights does it say it's ok to take away rights from people?

i will wait for you to give me the correct amendment.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

where in the 2nd amendment does it say anything about limiting guns to those who break the law? or mentally unstable?

i will wait for you to quote that part of the 2nd amendment.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Please, go and read the Constitution. You know, the thing that states certain rights we have.

Now I think you are just playing ignorant and foolish, instead of being as such.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Again..................go and read some history regarding this and then come back. Otherwise you really just come across as an ignorant fool.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

so i see you refuse to answer

is that because you can't?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

and yet you cower away and can't answer

too funny

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Right next to the separation of church and state clause.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Who is refusing to answer???

As the laws stand, they are Unconstitutional. There is no statement on the removal of such rights unless actively incarcerated, which removes all rights.

You really need to go back and read some history.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

rickm
reply to post by jrod

where in the 2nd amendment does it say anything about limiting guns to those who break the law? or mentally unstable?

i will wait for you to quote that part of the 2nd amendment.

Clearly you are trolling.

Use a little common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join