It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When perversions become laws.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Today, thanks to the NSA, it's legal to be a "Peeping Tom." Well, not legal for this person:

"Peeping Tom" Suspect May Be Linked to Hundreds of Cases, Police Say

A Woodbridge man is suspected of spying on hundreds of women over the last two years, according to police.

Authorities say that McCarter would inappropriately touch himself while watching women through their ground-level windows.

just legal for the NSA. Here, however, is the official advice to combat this behavior:

Police recommend always fully shutting your shades and keeping outside lights on during the night.

So that's how we keep the NSA out. Draw the blinds and turn on the porch light.

But wait...if we're not doing anything wrong, we shouldn't worry - right? This sort of behavior is actually ok as long as it protects us - right?

No...wait...NSA and their multitude of contractors are actually vetted, right? They're not psychos so it's more of a clinical observation.

Kind of like the physicians that are there to observe during torture. Really ok because...wait...why is it ok?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You have the right to privacy.

BUT if your stupid with the right don't expect people to honor it.

Don't undress on ground floor windows with the shades open.

Don't Do anything on the internet you wouldn't want known.

Two rules Ive always followed and have done well by me.

Its not the states job to ensure you use your rights, its yours.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

There are so many analogies that reveal the utter unlawfulness of law enforcement. I think it is a very healthy exercise to run thought experiments imagining the worst case scenarios. That was how we thought as a rule growing up. At some point, to our detriment, people began only to envision the best case scenarios.

Thanks for contributing another one to our collective psyche for consideration!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"When perversions become laws." u get abomination

:1.
a thing that causes disgust or loathing.

ie:
"concrete abominations masquerading as hotels"

laws masquerading as,,

or:
He regarded lying with abomination. 3. a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit,
ie:
Egyptians might not eat bread with the Hebrews; for that is an abomination.

or:
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

take ur pick.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
are you that surprised that the NSA supports a spying neighbor?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Don't undress on ground floor windows with the shades open.

Sound advice from someone who is apparently a throwback analog and doesn't realize that the world has gone digital.

What about the thread? How come it's ok for the NSA to be a "Peeping Tom" when there are laws against that? When it's considered a perversion. When, in the U.S., consenting adults are required.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

greencmp

There are so many analogies that reveal the utter unlawfulness of law enforcement. I think it is a very healthy exercise to run thought experiments imagining the worst case scenarios. That was how we thought as a rule growing up. At some point, to our detriment, people began only to envision the best case scenarios.

Thanks for contributing another one to our collective psyche for consideration!

Thx for your contribution. Contractor vetting comes to mind. And psychological testing. How to select for these jobs? Obviously the persons have to be ok to an extent with the "Peeping Tom" syndrome because that's what they're going to be asked to do. They also have to be ok with doing something that is unconstitutional.

In the psycho criminal world there is often escalation. Things start out fairly harmless (peeping) but can escalate to more serious offenses. Most get stopped and tagged before that happens. In the case of the NSA, though, there is no stopping.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I'm with you...BobAthome...thank you for your contribution.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Biigs
are you that surprised that the NSA supports a spying neighbor?

No. I just wanted to call the NSA a bunch of perverts. And only in America can I still do that.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I can't imagine where you got the idea that "peeping tom", or the correct term "voyeurism" is legal. It is not.
It is typically a Class A Misdemeanor in the U.S., although more in some states. They simply point out how to discourage it. It is trespassing, and invasion of privacy. Same as if someone put mirrors on their shoes to look up clothing. It is illegal.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time comparing this exactly to the NSA. The NSA can't see through my window and watch me undress so the advise is sound - close your curtains.

I can see some similarities - just not as bad as a peeping Tom. I am going to take a leap of faith in here and trust they have checks and balances in place. Could the NSA have pervs - no doubt in my mind. Could they even have a couple of people that would take it beyond peeking - very likely. However - they can't gain your photo or even any information on you unless you post it somewhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

angeldoll

I can't imagine where you got the idea that "peeping tom", or the correct term "voyeurism" is legal. It is not.
It is typically a Class A Misdemeanor in the U.S., although more in some states. They simply point out how to discourage it. It is trespassing, and invasion of privacy. Same as if someone put mirrors on their shoes to look up clothing. It is illegal.

Well then, just like Al Capone was brought down by tax evasion, the NSA can be brought down by voyeurism and stalking laws. Voyeurism may be a misdemeanor but I think stalking is a felony.

top topics

join