It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory of evolution prophesied in the Book of Romans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I always wondered why the Bible was considered the end all and be all. Considering that it was men who created it, edited it, modified it and decided what would and would not be in it. I think if something was suppose to be this important than Jesus would have sat down and written down exactly what God wanted us to know instead of leaving it up to men to write often vague and open interpritation books. Surely he had to know that down the llne Christians would spend time exterminating each other over disagreementts about what the Bible really says. Why not just make it clear from the start and write it down.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yea, well said. I've always wondered why God deemed it necessary to ONLY reveal himself to one small sect of people and not the whole world or at the least many different people spread around the world. I mean we are talking about some all powerful being who loves us immensely, but apparently not enough to squelch all doubt on his existence. Like His revelation almost looks like it was done purposely to create confusion among his creations. He could have just as easily revealed himself to two different sects of people and when those groups of people met, it would help confirm their faith since the same faith sprung up independently of each other in two different regions of the world. But nope, you only get to experience the glory of God if you happened to be born in one small part of the world (that constantly changed throughout the ancient times) and within a small group of people.

I mean look at the Native Americans from both American continents, these people weren't discovered until WELL after Jesus lived and died and have apparently (according to Christian tenets) been living in sin this entire time. So because God didn't deem it necessary to reveal himself in the American continents, generations of people have been going to hell because they didn't know the glory of Jesus. Seems dubious to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Men would rather believe things "Man" has made up rather than the truth that has already been revealed to him through God. So instead of glorifying God or give him thanks. We are stupid and glorify man made things and "Fabricated Truths and Lies"So if we're gonna be stupid, God's gonna let us be stupid. Its simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XxAcidxBurnxX

And that means what exactly? That people who haven't witnessed Jesus also believe in him? I'm pretty sure that when the conquistadors first arrived in the Americas and mentioned the name Jesus, none of them had heard of him. Or maybe it means that you are still saved if you haven't met Jesus. However, if you have heard of him and deny him then you go to hell, so it would make more sense to NOT have heard of him in that case. Hmmm paradoxes abound...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

And that means what exactly? That people who haven't witnessed Jesus also believe in him? I'm pretty sure that when the conquistadors first arrived in the Americas and mentioned the name Jesus, none of them had heard of him. Or maybe it means that you are still saved if you haven't met Jesus. However, if you have heard of him and deny him then you go to hell, so it would make more sense to NOT have heard of him in that case. Hmmm paradoxes abound...

It means exactly what it means and that is all, and "Pretty Sure" means, you dont know for sure. Therefore it isn't "Fact"! Show me someone who has not heard of him. i can attest to many that have heard, and deny.....

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Well with the widespread proliferation of Christianity, you'd be hard pressed to not have heard about Jesus in this day and age, but that wasn't my original point. My original point was about the people of the Americas 500 years ago who hadn't heard of Jesus yet. And don't try to pretend like they knew who he was before the Spanish showed up, the only reason I said pretty sure was because I didn't live during those times and don't have a first hand account. Of course the mere fact that missionaries exist proves that these people had never heard of Jesus before.

You also, still haven't answered my question. What does that passage mean exactly? I came up with two possible interpretations of what it could mean and a reason that each one of those is flawed. So no it doesn't mean exactly what it says. It is vague and can be interpreted multiple ways. I have a suggestion, instead of being purposely obtuse about my question, just answer it. What do you think that passage means?
edit on 13-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Well with the widespread proliferation of Christianity, you'd be hard pressed to not have heard about Jesus in this day and age, but that wasn't my original point. My original point was about the people of the Americas 500 years ago who hadn't heard of Jesus yet. And don't try to pretend like they knew who he was before the Spanish showed up, the only reason I said pretty sure was because I didn't live during those times and don't have a first hand account. Of course the mere fact that missionaries exist proves that these people had never heard of Jesus before.

You also, still haven't answered my question. What does that passage mean exactly? I came up with two possible interpretations of what it could mean and a reason that each one of those is flawed. So no it doesn't mean exactly what it says. It is vague and can be interpreted multiple ways. I have a suggestion, instead of being purposely obtuse about my question, just answer it. What do you think that passage means?
edit on 13-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

The passage is not hard to understand. What he's saying is that its EASY for someone to see something and believe it. They see it there, therefore they know. But. How much more blessed is he/she that cannot see, but still believes. Meaning its easy to put your faith or HAVE FAITH in something that you can see, touch, feel, etc. However, how much MORE faith/belief do you have if you KNOW something or know GOD is there, though you cannot "see". If your the type of person that says "I believe what my eyes only see" or you " put your faith in man, so be it, then fine. Thats you, no need to debate. As for me i have faith God exists and the proof is all around you. However, im sure your gonna pick that apart and find flaw so come with it.

edit on 13-11-2013 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join