It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory of evolution prophesied in the Book of Romans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

oh, it was just that the same verse had an uncommon term in it, "Godhead".

looked it up and found it was its own conspiracy...

reply to post by AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
reply to post by AbleEndangered

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

When I told my mother I hated her, she did not proceed to feed me trace amounts of lead as retribution. When I told her I wanted a new mother, she did not proceed to tie me to a tree in the backyard and leave me to roast in the hot sun without food or water. And when I told her that I was sorry she was ever born, she just waited until I came back and apologized. Told me she never stopped loving me.

Sounds to me like your god is a royal ******* who doesn't know the meaning of the word. And everyone who listens to him is just desperate and shallow. Sounds just like the human species, actually. Never patient enough to do anything properly, wants results instantly and dramatically.

And no. The Bible says nothing about evolution. This is another sorry attempt to resurrect a dead horse and make use of it.

My(our) God is a vengeful and jealous God.

You best believe he has issues!!

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added quote

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
One must be EXTREMELY careful when attempting to interpret the Bible, if they wish to do it accurately. There are so many people who will "interpret" the Bible to suit their agenda, which is wrong. Many have said that there are multiple ways one can interpret certain passages, and this is true. However, there is only ONE correct interpretation, aside from the few passages where the wordplay in the source language hints at a double meaning. Sometimes there are double meanings, but out of all the passages of the Bible, only a small percentage would fall into this category.

In the instance you are describing, the author seems to be referring to the present, not the future. Tense is VERY important, and it is a very useful clue for analyzing the meaning of certain passages. However, one should never simply dismiss something until they are absolutely certain of being correct, so on that note, I will say there is a very small chance there could be clues in the original language text that would tell whether there was a future element intended with the passage. I could look it up I suppose, but honestly I just don't feel like it, lol. I have learned enough to tediously translate Greek and to a lesser extent Hebrew, but my literacy and understanding are still sub-par, and I could easily miss something. The best place to look is in various scholarly commentaries, especially those that contain the grammatical/lexical information.

But if I had to go off what I see here, I would think it is discussing people who were worshiping idols at the present time.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrphilosophias

That's actually talking about worship of basically anything EXCEPT the one true God. False gods, idolatry, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

AbleEndangeredand replenish the earth

just noticed this and it's huge.

RE-plenish?

the earth that was just created and has never been 'plenished' before. Right?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Genesis 1 KJV

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I never noticed that either. Good point!!!

Replenish after what....

and subdue it...

It may have something to do with the Faction Split and War...

A member around here wrote about Humans as terraformers for a higher purpose. Preparing the planet.

Subduing the planet like it needs taming...

Gardeners....

Then we went bad gardeners.....

I'm gonna sleep on this one.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I think we've just struck gold.

I've never heard anyone else pick up on this before.

Someone call Giorgio Tsoukalos, he could get a whole show out of that one line!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mrphilosophias

I have heard that this refers to the Zodiac. At one time it was a pictorial in the stars, given by God when He created the earth and stars but was corrupted into an assortment of nonsense.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Beavers

AbleEndangeredand replenish the earth

just noticed this and it's huge.

RE-plenish?

the earth that was just created and has never been 'plenished' before. Right?

This topic makes some wince. It looks like when Adam was made God "breathed" into him, gave him the element of the living Gods spirit. As opposed to previous efforts to make men without this god nature, which all failed. One record of this is found in the Maya records where they call these pervious attempts to make man the mud men and the wood men. These failed according to the Maya because "they could not recognize God" and were stupid brutes.

There was a risk in giving man the god nature, the god spirit, which the elohim may have been trying to avoid in creations before adam.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Beavers

This particular verse is used by those supporting the gap theory quite a bit. But, if you look at the meaning of the word, which is male', you will find that it does not mean replenish it means to fill. The same word is used in Gen 1:22 in exactly the same context as 28 and is translated as fill. Unless I'm mistaken the idea of (re) comes into play in the vulgate but does not appear in earlier texts. I find it odd to translate a word used in the same tense and context within 6 verses to imply something other than it's primary definition unless there are older scripts to support that particular use of the word. I don't believe there is anything before the vulgate translation to support this idea.

On topic, the verses presented appear to refer to idolatry. I can't see how your putting evolution into those sentences in anyway.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Yes, it can also be translated as consecrate, which would fit in context also.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It kinda makes sense to be "Replenish'ed".

The Data shows the Earth has seen some rough days...

Over due for a rough day too...

edit on 2-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added quotation marks

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The use of the word replenish must have been a use that was applied to anything empty then. Like saying replenish my glass even if it had not been used until it was sat on the table. Or it had been used before, but was now empty, even if not in that setting.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey

Yes, it can also be translated as consecrate, which would fit in context also.

Yea, the captain of the guard told the sergeant to post a sentry at the door. The sargent said "but sir, he wont fit into the mailbox".

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yes that's actually correct as it did originally not imply the "again" as it does now. But, it is considered to be a poor choice for translation due to the confusion it causes due to the current meaning of the word.
edit on 2-11-2013 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well I didn't invent the language, but I do trust the NAB.

[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel. For it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, to the Jew first, and to the Greek. [17] For the justice of God is revealed therein, from faith unto faith, as it is written: The just man liveth by faith. [18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those men that detain the truth of God in injustice: [19] Because that which is known of God is manifest in them. For God hath manifested it unto them. [20] For the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made; his eternal power also, and divinity: so that they are inexcusable.

[21] Because that, when they knew God, they have not glorified him as God, or given thanks; but became vain in their thoughts, and their foolish heart was darkened. [22] For professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. [23] And they changed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of the image of a corruptible man, and of birds, and of fourfooted beasts, and of creeping things. [24] Wherefore God gave them up to the desires of their heart, unto uncleanness, to dishonour their own bodies among themselves. [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie; and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Was glancing through soem Genesis and found this.

Genesis 8 KJV

21 And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Sounds like he has done it before....

I wonder what the smell was, the sweet savour?

and How did the Lord say it in his heart?

I have found numerous occurrences of the Lord being attracted to smells or requesting essences.

Makes me think of a Space Traveler that doesn't get much time off to enjoy the simple pleasures...

On a space ship your gonna smell the same things over and over. It will become mundane.

Smell is one way it seems to get God's attention.

Mauro Biglino a Bible translator talks about the Origins of Man and these essences in this seminar.

Mauro Biglino: Unexpected Bible - Translating it literally (1 of 6) - Eng. subs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4MXLB6SwPg
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Another version of Romans 1 (Amplified bible)

18 For God’s [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.

19 For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.

20 For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification],

21 Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.

22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

23 And by them the glory and majesty and excellence of the immortal God were exchanged for and represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.

Like many bible verses I believe they have dual application, in the first century there was no belief in evolution like we have today, idolatry was prolific back then with the pagan culture, so it must refer to that. But today evolution is essentially idolized in exchange for the belief in the true God, and those that believe in evolution are mostly agnostic and atheist, so they aren't worshiping or praying to idols. You could change "images" to "theories" and you would have a perfect fit.

This video is an example of what these verses are saying people can see, but reject.

edit on 3-11-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: Added Video

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

zodiac is a fake-astrology "science" promoted by reptiles and hybrid races (asiatic). They use it as a starter level for witchcraft and summoning "abominations" . How many times you've seen astrology combined with astral projection and even summoning spirits and the use of crystals.

They promote these things, be able to feed their masters and in some occasions "possessions", they sell you some experience from the "beyond" in exchange of other things.
edit on 3-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

There was a risk in giving man the god nature, the god spirit, which the elohim may have been trying to avoid in creations before adam.

Again this mental deficiency with God. It keeps coming back. So God wasn't sure about the risks ?? He was trying to avoid it in previous creations ? All of this points to an imperfect being...so he is uncertain ? taking risks ? I thought he knows everything...the past, the present, the future. I thought he was the creator of everything...and that includes uncertainties.

Funny guy...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

zodiac is a fake-astrology "science" promoted by reptiles and hybrid races (asiatic).

wtf ???

How many times you've seen astrology combined with astral projection and even summoning spirits and the use of crystals.

I have never seen something like that. My loss obviously.

They promote these things, be able to feed their masters and in some occasions "possessions", they sell you some experience from the "beyond" in exchange of other things.

wtf 2 ???

Please state the universe from which you came from....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join