It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will LAX Shooting Be Exploited to Arm TSA Agents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Are we all moving toward any government official having a gun?

Now thats a scary overall outcome.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
As I'm typing this CNN is talking about anti-government statements and how people should report these people "expressing ill will towards the government".

I don't think it matters if all TSA agents have guns.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Right now, the gun is about all they're missing and they have almost nothing of the training, personality screening and accountability an actual law enforcement type goes though and lives with. All the benefits with none of the downside.

hmm i would hope for far better than that, i dont think its a good idea at all

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Daughter2
As I'm typing this CNN is talking about anti-government statements and how people should report these people "expressing ill will towards the government".

I don't think it matters if all TSA agents have guns.

militarization of all airport facilities in the u.s. i wish I had some photographs of airports during the 70's of say countries like Argentina or Chile or something..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Metaphysique
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

lol, wrabbit, why are you going for the more complicated [and complicating] option?

wouldn't it be simpler to get rid of the TSA?

one of those bomb/drug sniffing dogs is worth a thousand of them

Well, of course it would be better to just scrap the TSA altogether. I think the Government loves the fact that a whole generation has come into adulthood at this point with no clear memory at all for what America was like before it became clinically paranoid and a bit ill. So, you won't even get all of the public to agree, I'd imagine. I can hear the cries now .."What, and have NO security??" lol...

I'd much rather return to the system of private contractors. At least they could be fired. Individually or the entire company at once, terminated as the contractor. Screwing up had a price to it. It at least cost something real.

When has the Government ever torn up something they created with loving care and held out with pride as our solution to all which ails us? So..I don't even go with disbanding them. It's like wishing the IRS would go away. It sounds good...but I'll grow old and die of age before it ever sees light as a serious suggestion.

edit on 1-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

too true.

and of course it was a bit tongue in cheek

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

NO! I pesonaly would not mind if they were armed. Coming from someone who is flying out of that very terminal(3) in 13 days at the EXACT same time as this took place today.

You think its bad here? Travel out of this country, like Italy or Mexico where you are patrolled by machine guns talk about intimidation in place.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Seems no one here was in a airport in 2001?
M16s every 20 feet.
And you just know with all that fire power one load noise could get every one killed.
Think it's more of a fear us statement than anything?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To add to "never let a good crisis go to waste" ff or not, an update;

According to public records obtained by Yahoo News, Ciancia has a known address in Pennsville, N.J., about 15 miles from Wilmington, Del. The AP said Ciancia had contacted his brother by text message on Friday saying he was considering suicide. Additional reports indicate when Ciancia was detained by law enforcement he was carrying literature critical of the federal government and the TSA.

Continued...
Ciancia entered LAX on Friday wearing fatigues and carrying a bag containing a handwritten note that said he "wanted to kill TSA and pigs," an official, who was briefed on the investigation and requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, told the AP.
Yahoo

Those critical of the TSA more-so than before, will be considered terrorists.

Fitting characteristics that are similar to other shooters of current tragedies;
. young
. depressed, suicidal, on medication?
. obtains firearm easy? obviously did not fly with from N.J.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Arm them? Sweet Lord no. As it stands right now the TSA views every passenger as a potential terrorist. Now imagine them with firepower... I can imagine their morning pep talks from the supervisor if this ever comes to pass. "Remember, if they run, they're terrorists. If they stand still, they're well disciplined terrorists."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join